David M Caine

Reaction score
Hi with this 4-2-3-1 tactic I've finally hit the holy grail of tactics, the striker scores bags of goals all while remaining very strong defensively, I've tried to keep things simple which helps a lot with consistency I'm currently on a 25 game winning run (screenshots below and on page 3).

It took a lot of time and testing to create a tactic that would dominate the big teams home and away as well the smaller ones, I have included screenshots from my games against bigger teams, please give it a go and let me how your team gets on :).

Having had 3 average seasons in the Championship with my Wrexham team (13th, 6th, 6th), i thought i'd give your tactic a go.
I ended up finishing 2nd and gaining promation
Im now 9 games into the Premiership and curently sitting in 3rd position, with some great results so far.
Thanks for the tactic, its one of if not the best tactic if used so far

View attachment 371561

View attachment 371563

Opposition Instructions:

Strikers: Show onto weaker foot and tackle hard

Midfielder's and Full Backs: Close down always

If the oppositions CBs or GK has composure of less then 12 then close them down as well it can cause them to panic and make a mistake.

Striker Roles:

If using a tall strong striker such as Lambert, Sonogo or Lukaku switch him to a TM and add the instruction "cross aim target man" to both wingers.

Favourite win using this tactic vs Man City: :D.

Man City 1-6 Arsenal:

Scorers and line-ups:
View attachment 371544 View attachment 371559

Man Utd 1-2 Arsenal:

Might not look like it but my team dominated only goal they scored was from a corner, 21 shots to their 8 and 55% possession.

View attachment 371557

Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea:

View attachment 371556

Won 25 games in a row and still going:

View attachment 367715

Last edited:
Ive currently got a 4-2-3-1 working ok with my derby team. But the goals come from all over. Ill give this a try later and let you know how im gettin on after a fair few games

thats all well and good but with the team you have no wonder you have won 20 in a row

Ive currently got a 4-2-3-1 working ok with my derby team. But the goals come from all over. Ill give this a try later and let you know how im gettin on after a fair few games

Thanks look forward to seeing how you get on.

I agree ive got a good squad but a good squad is nothing without a good tactic.
true but how can you call it giant killer with that team i am not having a go just saying b4 some 1 has a go at you will give this a go

true but how can you call it giant killer with that team i am not having a go just saying b4 some 1 has a go at you will give this a go

You make a good point would like to see if its works as well with smaller teams.

Gave this a try with Everton and let's just say it has been underwhelming.

View attachment 371009

Obviously you can ignore the friendlies since most of them were teams that I knew I could steamroll. I feel it's worth mentioning that I have been very unlucky with injuries, currently Mirallas. McCarthy. Osman and Gibson are all injured and Deulofe at one point also got injured, although he's back now. With that said, even before that crisis happened the results were not great. The only positive here is that I somehow managed to dominate in the Man City match (they scored a late game equalizer from a corner... hate it when that happens). Either this tactic is only working for you because you have a strong team or I am doing something very wrong here. It's entirely possible than I'm at fault here as I'm still quite new to the game and still learning things but in my last Everton save I was able to stay in the top 5 quite comfortably.

Gave this a try with Everton and let's just say it has been underwhelming.

View attachment 609837

Obviously you can ignore the friendlies since most of them were teams that I knew I could steamroll. I feel it's worth mentioning that I have been very unlucky with injuries, currently Mirallas. McCarthy. Osman and Gibson are all injured and Deulofe at one point also got injured, although he's back now. With that said, even before that crisis happened the results were not great. The only positive here is that I somehow managed to dominate in the Man City match (they scored a late game equalizer from a corner... hate it when that happens). Either this tactic is only working for you because you have a strong team or I am doing something very wrong here. It's entirely possible than I'm at fault here as I'm still quite new to the game and still learning things but in my last Everton save I was able to stay in the top 5 quite comfortably.

Thanks for your reply, you've only lost one game to be fair but you do seem to be drawing a lot of games 1-1 maybe without all the injurys you could of won a few of those.

Last edited:
Most of those draws actually came when I had most of my squad was healthy. Deulofeu did get hurt but it wasn't that big of a loss since I still had good players that could fill his spot. It wasn't untill the Man City match that the injuries to key players started piling on, so I actually got two wins when I didn't have my ideal starting 11. The injuries certainly didn't help, but I don't think they're really the reason for my bad form. And yeah, I only lost once, but most of the matches I really should have been able to win with the strength of Everton's squad, especially West Brom and I only just managed to beat Norwich (scored the winning goal at like 88 minutes).

You should be beating west brom i agree, but drawing away to newcastle and southampton is not bad and a draw against man city as everton insnt bad at all, your not conceding many at all your just not scoring for sum reason, who's your first choice striker?

I started off playing Lukaku but he kept getting ratings under 6.4 and there was a lack of goals from him, as you said. I switched to Traore after the first four matches after Lukaku had only scored 1 goal in 4 matches and it was a slight improvement. It's strange because he usually does so well.

I started off playing Lukaku but he kept getting ratings under 6.4 and there was a lack of goals from him, as you said. I switched to Traore after the first four matches after Lukaku had only scored 1 goal in 4 matches and it was a slight improvement. It's strange because he usually does so well.

When im playing a strong tall striker like lukaku I swtich his role to target man and add a player instruction to both wingers "aim crosses to target man" works a treat with wingers on support.

Yes he's got a good term but there all youngsters, can't expect them all to dominate now, maybe in about 5 years time when they've all full developed, then they will be an incredible team so it's a good achievement in my eyes

When im playing a strong tall striker like lukaku I swtich his role to target man and add a player instruction to both wingers "aim crosses to target man" works a treat with wingers on support.

Did you try Lukaku as a target man?