marule

Reaction score
I've made this tactic for Chelsea based on team report. I am playing good and I am creating chances but I just can't make them count. Can you help me tweak it?

View attachment 89156

Here are my PI, I feel like I have too many PIs but I don't know what to change, any tweaks?

GK
View attachment 88981

RB
View attachment 88980

BPD
View attachment 88979

CD
View attachment 88978

LB
View attachment 88977

MCR
View attachment 88976

MCL
View attachment 88975

AMR
View attachment 88974

AMC
View attachment 88973

AML
View attachment 88972

STC
View attachment 88971

Just to get things clear, I don't want to make ME expolit tactic I just want to make a realistic tactic if you know what I mean.

Also I wanted to create an alternate tactic which would be a crossing tactic, simply my wingers or fullbacks will cross the ball and feed the striker but I don't know how to make that kind of a tactic, maybe you can help me?

Typical game
View attachment 88965

Last edited:
Matic will be a problem, hes just not built for that position. I would either swap matic and fabregas round or take him out and put pedro in. Its your most important position amc in this formation as they make it tick, you want an intelligent skillful player there. You need to look at your two CM roles, kante should be a BMW on support i recon with Matic on DLP Defend. That high line needs making into normal unless Cahil got a speed boost i am not aware of.

Matic will be a problem, hes just not built for that position. I would either swap matic and fabregas round or take him out and put pedro in. Its your most important position amc in this formation as they make it tick, you want an intelligent skillful player there. You need to look at your two CM roles, kante should be a BMW on support i recon with Matic on DLP Defend. That high line needs making into normal unless Cahil got a speed boost i am not aware of.

I forgot to swap matic for fabregas just in this picture, I will try with those roles and normal def. line. Thanks

I personally like to have a winger-attack opposite my more attacking fullback to attack the far post on crosses. That consistently yields a good number of goals because the computer fullbacks go to sleep a lot on those far post runs. I also prefer to have an inside forward on the same side of my attacking fullback because that gives more opportunities for overlapping and combination play that can lead to clear cut chances for the IF/STC. Another thing you're lacking is someone who will arrive late in the box to get on rebounds or pullbacks; you may try having your #10 play a more attacking role.

Also, you should get rid of the "pass into space" TI because it conflicts with everything else you're trying to do (control, ball retention, etc.); pass into space is for really direct attacking or counter-attacking tactics.

I personally like to have a winger-attack opposite my more attacking fullback to attack the far post on crosses. That consistently yields a good number of goals because the computer fullbacks go to sleep a lot on those far post runs. I also prefer to have an inside forward on the same side of my attacking fullback because that gives more opportunities for overlapping and combination play that can lead to clear cut chances for the IF/STC. Another thing you're lacking is someone who will arrive late in the box to get on rebounds or pullbacks; you may try having your #10 play a more attacking role.

Also, you should get rid of the "pass into space" TI because it conflicts with everything else you're trying to do (control, ball retention, etc.); pass into space is for really direct attacking or counter-attacking tactics.

Thanks I'll try that now.