seacow

Reaction score
View attachment 291797

I have been experimenting in the lower division and this tactic works well against similar strength and weaker strength sides when playing at home

the team plays direct football with an attacking mentality, and is set to balanced currently however if you find players wandering and losing shape put it into rigid and it will work well but you may lose a little creativity.

i found playing short passing football meant i lost a lot of possession, probably due to the poor pitches and poorer players.

Feedback appreciated

Its great to see someone developing lower league tactics. Does get a bit boring reading about Barca, Spurs, United and Swansea tactics. I'll give this a go in my next save

Its great to see someone developing lower league tactics. Does get a bit boring reading about Barca, Spurs, United and Swansea tactics. I'll give this a go in my next save
I agree with you, it's more realistic when you start at lower league levels!, and more challenging as well!. Specially trying find the right formations & tactics and not including looking for right players to play in your team formation & tactics!. I also like to try and play attacking/control short passing possession style football (Spanish tiki-taka style football/Dutch total style football), haven't had much luck trying to play that yet!, very inconsistent in results.

i have found that in the lower leagues because of the quality of the players it is more difficult than in past games to play complex systems. I have found I have had to create systems based on the players strengths in the squad. I have found that strikers in the lower leagues especially struggle. I had a southend game and my strikers were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!!!

i have found it impossible so far to play any attractive football in the lower leagues and have concentrated on creating a winning tactic.
for me strikers are most prolific as poachers on the game,
if you are after a great striker in the bottom divisions look at charlie griffin at bath, and mikel suarez at tonbridge does well. and with a pinch of luck you might get joe jackson on loan ( 14 in 17 in year 2 in blue square prem)

depends on opposition tactics, i sometimes use the same tactic with minor changes to counter the opposition and set to counter
for teams that play a 442 or 451 i use 3-6-1 normally set to counter unless they are clearly weaker than my side for which i would stick to attacking and change in game as neccessary