TheRiddl3R

Reaction score
how do i get the striker to

1. stay in between the to central defenders on pain of loosing his manhood
2. that when he gets the ball on a counter attack to NOT dribble down to th corner post and make a cross to NOBODY (ibrah)

how do i get the AMC to be a playmakr and not some brainless fool that keeps being ahead of the striker (iniesta/henry)

and having set the entire team to cross seldom and to try through balls often i still get more crosses than throughballs WTH? how do i fix that?

how do i get the striker to

1. stay in between the to central defenders on pain of loosing his manhood
2. that when he gets the ball on a counter attack to NOT dribble down to th corner post and make a cross to NOBODY (ibrah)

how do i get the AMC to be a playmakr and not some brainless fool that keeps being ahead of the striker (iniesta/henry)

and having set the entire team to cross seldom and to try through balls often i still get more crosses than throughballs WTH? how do i fix that?

Most of this needs to be sorted out with Advanced player instructions:

1.& 2 Ibra trying to bend it like Beckham

Ibra is actually much better at getting the ball and either slipping the ball to the inside forward, as you well know, or having an inside forward slip the ball to him for a tap in from inside the box. In order to achieve this, I used to slow tempo, reduced Ibra's crossing from byline to moves into channels, crossing to low, through balls to high and more importantly, passing to very short. The combination of slow tempo (no urgency), short passing and hold up ball should make him want to either play someone in, or at least try to keep the defenders from mobbing him. The problem with 1 up front is he needs to take his time, keep posession and do his thing.

Another good combination may be a High Defensive Line and the above settings, since it typically means the attackers can support much quicker, and he won't want to run to the wings to 'hold' the ball, which seems to be the default position instead of trying to dribble past 2-3 players - sensible, but it does deny you wonder goals! Use a high Attacking Mentality for the player if you want him to play far up the pitch to try and create space for the midfield (I use this with tweaked Complete Forward - Support instuctions.

3. AMC as Playmaker and not Forward

I had the exact same issue myself, the solution seems to be playing with the mentality sliders (decrease it so he joins in front midfield), or drop him back to a natural midfield position and tell him to make lots of forward runs with the ball. For a "1-up" tactic it does tend to turn the striker into a support striker and the AMC into the striker for through balls though. The best solution (for me) was to play Iniesta as a Central Mid with an Attack duty or as an Advanced Playmaker with an Attack duty and play him in natural midfield with a slow temp.

4. Reducing crossing

I'd always suggest crossing from deep with full-backs as it seems to create a lot of easy tap-ins, or at least picks you up a throw in or corner near the opposition box, but if you want to reduce crossing entirely, look at player instructions-> advanced and reduce passing distance, reduce creative freedom and reduce tempo. It seems the defenders still refuse to listen (a superb regen of mine who is being sculpted into the next Roberto Carlos plays at left back and seems to want to hit it long whatever his instructions) but more often than not midfielders will knock it sideways. As for a counter attack strategy, I have little experience, I'm presuming the reason for this is that if you play a Counter strat it increased passing to 'Direct' which makes your players more likely to launch it high down the wings and hope, which at the top level doesn't seem to work too well if you want to replicate Barca's posession football.

Most of this needs to be sorted out with Advanced player instructions:

1.& 2 Ibra trying to bend it like Beckham

Ibra is actually much better at getting the ball and either slipping the ball to the inside forward, as you well know, or having an inside forward slip the ball to him for a tap in from inside the box. In order to achieve this, I used to slow tempo, reduced Ibra's crossing from byline to moves into channels, crossing to low, through balls to high and more importantly, passing to very short. The combination of slow tempo (no urgency), short passing and hold up ball should make him want to either play someone in, or at least try to keep the defenders from mobbing him. The problem with 1 up front is he needs to take his time, keep posession and do his thing.

Another good combination may be a High Defensive Line and the above settings, since it typically means the attackers can support much quicker, and he won't want to run to the wings to 'hold' the ball, which seems to be the default position instead of trying to dribble past 2-3 players - sensible, but it does deny you wonder goals! Use a high Attacking Mentality for the player if you want him to play far up the pitch to try and create space for the midfield (I use this with tweaked Complete Forward - Support instuctions.

thats really sound advice tyvm... the hold up box was the first thing i ticked off... but tbh he has the atributs to do so even at high level.

[/QUOTE]
3. AMC as Playmaker and not Forward

I had the exact same issue myself, the solution seems to be playing with the mentality sliders (decrease it so he joins in front midfield), or drop him back to a natural midfield position and tell him to make lots of forward runs with the ball. For a "1-up" tactic it does tend to turn the striker into a support striker and the AMC into the striker for through balls though. The best solution (for me) was to play Iniesta as a Central Mid with an Attack duty or as an Advanced Playmaker with an Attack duty and play him in natural midfield with a slow temp.[/QUOTE]

again tyvm, i thought i'd be somthing like that. Nic to know it was not just me going mokybrain^^

[/QUOTE]
4. Reducing crossing

I'd always suggest crossing from deep with full-backs as it seems to create a lot of easy tap-ins, or at least picks you up a throw in or corner near the opposition box, but if you want to reduce crossing entirely, look at player instructions-> advanced and reduce passing distance, reduce creative freedom and reduce tempo. It seems the defenders still refuse to listen (a superb regen of mine who is being sculpted into the next Roberto Carlos plays at left back and seems to want to hit it long whatever his instructions) but more often than not midfielders will knock it sideways. As for a counter attack strategy, I have little experience, I'm presuming the reason for this is that if you play a Counter strat it increased passing to 'Direct' which makes your players more likely to launch it high down the wings and hope, which at the top level doesn't seem to work too well if you want to replicate Barca's posession football.[/QUOTE]

It's not when using the counter strat... just the tickbox for using counter att's ingame if you break play high on the pitch... seems like it's 50/50 for doing someting sensible or running down to a corner and crossing into an emptybox

lastly... byline crosses... hadent thought of that... i'll implement and see what happens

next question is not so much a 4-2-3-1 prob but it drives me nuts.

Defending corners i can put ppl in the penelty area or at the mid line... but 90% of corners will end up with a ball dumping down somewhere in between thoose 2... and i've noticed that atleast some teams seem to be able to atleast mark whoever sit at the (lurk outside area) option

how do i do that or better yet how do i get ppl to guard that area despit there beeing an opponent to mark?

Yeah the Counter Attack team tactic confuses me. The way I want it to work is:"Play normally, control the ball, and if you win posession in an area you can overload your opponent, run and play direct". The way it seems to work in practice is players hoof it everywhere and forget the crucial part of a good counter - pass and move. I've disabled it and switched to slow posession football, no counter attack selected, high defensive line with high pressing all over the pitch. The upside is you boss the game, the downside is it really tires out players so you need a very fit squad.

For Defensive Corners, switch the defaults around and use CBs for 'Mark Tall', Wing/Fullbacks set to 'Back', wingers set to marking near and far post (as wingbacks typically have better defensive stats than wingers to pick up players, I set my DMC to Man to try and pick up the guy outside the box, and play with two players forward in order to force the AI to commit some players to defense. To be fair, once you've sorted the CBs and wingers on the line, everyone else can be set to 'Back' if you want to go ultra defensive. Just beware the 93rd minue screamer from outside the box if you play everyone back.

It may be an option if you're using a slow tempo to keep all players back and slowly build an attack rather than hoofing it down the pitch, perhaps if you switch Ibra upfield with his hold up ball instructions it might be better, I've just always used two as it allows (very rare) breaks.

firtst try... 6-0 after a game where all goal came from the way i want to play and not just lol zlatan stats i can hammer in the ball from 40y bwahaha... so tyvm just need to get ini even further back ****** kid still thinks he's a forward lolz

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

and btw whats up with iniesta? he is slated as an AMC but if you try to train new position it seems like he is a CM a postition he is not stated as having. But he is a Naturel CM and only an acomplised AMC ?

Well, the good thing about a natural CM position is it works perfectly with either a one DM - 2 midfield with Xavi, or a three midfield with a supporting DM next to them which is ideal for passing it around and starting attacks.

The only reason I'm thinking he has 'Natural' CM is he typically plays in a midfield three at Barca in the CM position, and for Spain as an attacking playmaker wide on the left or right (more of a free role/swap with Pedro at times), giving him the AMC proficiency at least means, in FM, he'll be able to play those roles well.

Change 'more expressive' to 'more disciplined'.
And the "counter" attack setting per se isnt anything special it just ticks the 'counter attack' box and slows down tempo compared to standard strategy. I think the main idea of the 'counter' tactic is to keep the ball deep and then attack fast when the opponent pushes up. Obviously doesn't work vs defensive teams.
I also hate too much crossing because only usually win maybe 1/5 of the crosses and most of the time the headers are just awful.
cf: the 'counter' preset really has very little to do with counter attacking.

Change 'more expressive' to 'more disciplined'.
And the "counter" attack setting per se isnt anything special it just ticks the 'counter attack' box and slows down tempo compared to standard strategy. I think the main idea of the 'counter' tactic is to keep the ball deep and then attack fast when the opponent pushes up. Obviously doesn't work vs defensive teams.
I also hate too much crossing because only usually win maybe 1/5 of the crosses and most of the time the headers are just awful.
cf: the 'counter' preset really has very little to do with counter attacking.

Let me clarify, I thought the 'counter' setting did the following:

1. Increase tempo
2. Decrease time-wasting
3. Increase the propensity of players to play direct balls (i.e. increase passing slider)

But it appears I'm likely incorrect on most of that, although the above probably will give you more successful results when playing for counter attacks. I've never had much success with trying a posession football with Counter Attack checked though, players always slow down the counter and turn it into a normal attack. It may be something to play with a little with 'Away' tactics as I tend to rely on Control for both Home and Away games.

Well, the good thing about a natural CM position is it works perfectly with either a one DM - 2 midfield with Xavi, or a three midfield with a supporting DM next to them which is ideal for passing it around and starting attacks.

The only reason I'm thinking he has 'Natural' CM is he typically plays in a midfield three at Barca in the CM position, and for Spain as an attacking playmaker wide on the left or right (more of a free role/swap with Pedro at times), giving him the AMC proficiency at least means, in FM, he'll be able to play those roles well.

but the question is... does he have the AMC?...

it says he has, but you can still train him to it?
it does not say he is a CM but that he can not train for?

Nope, just checked him, you're unable to train him as a CM and he's a 'Natural' CM despite being called an AMC.