Forder22

Reaction score
I am wondering what you think the best way would be to set up a 4-2-3-1. I am stuggling which player roles to use etc and i want to try and make it where its good possesion and gives my striker lots of chances.

My team is:
---------------------------Hart-------------------------
Zabaleta----Kompany-----Nastasic/Balenta-----Clichy/Shaw

-----------Thiago/Fabregas-------Yaya/Romaero---------

--Lucas Moura--------Stanciu--------------Bernard/Pastore

----------------------Aguero/Miltrovic----------------

Your setup is pretty good. I would suggest that you have at least one dominant defensive/ballwinning midfielder. I've used Wanyama and he is simply a monster in the midfield. So strong, tough, and athletic. Very high tackling ability. Basically vacuums up any ball that gets near him and then cycles it to your offense.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...fielders-victor-wanyama_-overview-profile.png

Honestly, I like Wanyama better than Fellaini for FM2014, and he used to be my goto midfielder in early versions of FM.

The tactic I'm using for HOME games is Darren's 4-2-3-1 with a control mentality.
Best FM 2014 Tactics: Darren's Dynamic 4-2-3-1 • FM 2014 Stories

the right side is the most offensive one because of thiago/fabregas in midfield, i would set zabaleta FB/s, thiago DLP/s and lucas moura W/a. on the other side clichy WB/a, yaya BWM/d and bernard IF/s. for stanciu AP/a and aguero AF/a.
DLP, AP and BMW are good choices for possession based tactics. you want your striker to be the main source of goal, so the AF is good for playing the ball and scoring, also a CF/a can do that but he is more deeper and could take away some precious space for the AP. W/a and IF/s can bring some good balls into the area ;)