Wow, plugged it in only had 1 draw rest is amazing.. Just one question.. who is the kind of player for shadow striker

Quality so far!

Been struggling to get goals from wingers all FM so far. Finally this one is getting the best out of my best player who is on AML. So good im tempted to start a new save! I had made my squad fit a 433 with DM and 2 wingers for 2 and half years. Looks like youve made a quality tactic im sure majority will be happy to see!

pavs 4231.png

Ok i simmed season 2. This tactic is crazy good.

This was a below average Championship Sqaud bar a few good (young) loanees.

I switched to this after the Norwich game.

The tactic I had before was doing well, but mainly not conceding and hitting on the break. This is just stupid at times! Leeds was a derby game, in the cup, 0-8 away. Madness!

Attachments

• 4231.PNG
    4231.PNG
    68.5 KB · Views: 630
Any chance of this tactic with 2 strikers?

No mate there are a lot of 442's etc out there try the kevin francis one on the forum looks good :)
The SS in this formation acts like a striker anyway so not much point tbh

This tactic has been amazing for me.

One question I had was that I am struggling to find really good BWMs. Can you tell me a bit about why you have that role in the midfield, ahead of a DLP for example?

I wonder how a DLP with a BBM would function instead of BWM and MEZ

Thanks!

This tactic has been amazing for me.

One question I had was that I am struggling to find really good BWMs. Can you tell me a bit about why you have that role in the midfield, ahead of a DLP for example?

I wonder how a DLP with a BBM would function instead of BWM and MEZ

Thanks!

I was using a DLP (D) it just wasn't working as well for me so why I went with the BWM as they are more combative offers the mez some protection. This is just my experience on this years game. I'ts actually quite difficult finding a bwm tho I agree. You could try with the dlp and bbm i had in a previous tactic to some success actually as you can set up the player instructions to act like a mez anyways, get further forward move into channels etc. That is a combination that works, DLP next to a Mez often leaves you open. But worth testing out the dlp/bbm combination in this tactic, i don't think it would alter the tactic too much tbh and could suit your team better :)

I was using a DLP (D) it just wasn't working as well for me so why I went with the BWM as they are more combative offers the mez some protection. This is just my experience on this years game. I'ts actually quite difficult finding a bwm tho I agree. You could try with the dlp and bbm i had in a previous tactic to some success actually as you can set up the player instructions to act like a mez anyways, get further forward move into channels etc. That is a combination that works, DLP next to a Mez often leaves you open. But worth testing out the dlp/bbm combination in this tactic, i don't think it would alter the tactic too much tbh and could suit your team better :)

What about BBM next to Mez?

Im also going to try convert my DMs into CMs for the role. They appear to be better at it, whilst most CMs are naturally attacking players.

But with how good the attacking play is, 1 bad player whos there to offer cover for the attacking play and not really get involved is fine for me. I had a tactic before that the worst players were the attacking ones, that I couldnt take!

Great tactic Pav - I'll send a screenshot at the end of the season with where I finish. My team is predicted to finish 20th. Cup win so Europe next season! Looking like we will finish top 10 too. I started the first 3 months without this tactic too!

*This is not a neg on the tactic, just the game in general*

So following the 8-0 away win, battering chelsea 4-1, having shot after shot, performing well in almost every game, ive gone 9 losses in a row barely having any shots and conceding 15+ each game. Do not know how this years FM works, I really dont.

Every time I like a tactic and it does well, total collapse. No changes were made, same team, dropping a few after constant bad games in those 9. Players responded well to press conferences and team talks. Game confuses the **** out of me.

So following the 8-0 away win, battering chelsea 4-1, having shot after shot, performing well in almost every game, ive gone 9 losses in a row barely having any shots and conceding 15+ each game. Do not know how this years FM works, I really dont.

Every time I like a tactic and it does well, total collapse. No changes were made, same team, dropping a few after constant bad games in those 9. Players responded well to press conferences and team talks. Game confuses the **** out of me.
the game is totally random, if you save and replay the same game over and over you will get totally different results each time with the same tactic and players.

Well....yeah. Essentially, if you wanna simplify it as much as you can. You have a % chance of winning a game before it starts. During the game anything could happen to change that %. E.g. your keeper getting a red card, you players being dire for no reason whatsoever. It's football. It's kind of just football in general really I don't get what you need explaining?

Well....yeah. Essentially, if you wanna simplify it as much as you can. You have a % chance of winning a game before it starts. During the game anything could happen to change that %. E.g. your keeper getting a red card, you players being dire for no reason whatsoever. It's football. It's kind of just football in general really I don't get what you need explaining?

A 9 loss in a row is normal? I dont know of any team who wins 0-8 away one week then loses 9 on the trot after only 7 in 29 before it. You can have a bad spell, but going from having 15+ shots per game to 4 and conceding 15+ shots per game after keepoing it to below 6 previously is a bit weird dont you think?

There were no reds. Other FMs didnt have this, you would have a bad spell, maybe no wins in 5 or 6, but youd play generally well and its one of those things. Not just a total collapse, 9 loses with 0 goals scored. The tactic also got me to a league cup win. Every round was a prem team. Then not a little blip but a complete crash. 0 goals. about 12 shots in 9 games. 0 points. Out of the fa cup to a lower league team. Battered every game. That aint normal.

So the sarcy response is also confusing and im not sure what you need explaining either. As ive said many times in this thread, the tactic is great. But it shouldnt just collapse the way it has. Thats the game.

Last edited:
Having great results with this tactic. Media predicted that we would end on the 8th place but we’re in 2nd now :).

One question: if I really do end up winning the league or clenching CL for next season, my reputation grows which will follow up with teams being more defensive. Is it wise to keep using this tactic or should I maybe shift to The Fiend or something? Results below.

Attachments

• EAD53457-A54E-4C4C-834D-01CC016A8B6C.png
    EAD53457-A54E-4C4C-834D-01CC016A8B6C.png
    794.2 KB · Views: 403
  • 8E92A11E-378D-4D45-B6CE-FCEB02CC07C0.png
    8E92A11E-378D-4D45-B6CE-FCEB02CC07C0.png
    784.8 KB · Views: 485
  • 174BE5FB-1E42-4CF4-8EF2-1E562CDF3242.png
    174BE5FB-1E42-4CF4-8EF2-1E562CDF3242.png
    745.7 KB · Views: 529
Forgot to make screenshots and apparently I can't see previous seasons of my fixtures or the table in FM Touch. Finished 3rd, got into Euro Cup II. Lost or drew a lot of matches in the final fourth of the league. But I don't really think that was tactics problem, I still created chances, I still scored. I had a lot of injuries and alot(!) of yellow cards. Maybe we can do something about the intensity and aggression? Have any tips?

TL;DR: Good season, projected 8th and finished 3rd.

Any feedback on this post patch would be appreciated lads... as I'm guilty of concentrating on the other tactics at the moment but know this was still doing well before the update

Très bonne tactique pour Monaco.

J'ai juste modifié le poste de MOC en MO Att.

Et j'ai du mal contre le PSG.

Attachments

• ASM1.JPG
    ASM1.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 351
  • ASM2.JPG
    ASM2.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 281
Tactic still working really well. Striker scoring lots of goals. Starting to lose a lot of possession against similar teams or better (For example, against Atalanta it was 37% to 63%, I'm Napoli) but still winning. Against better teams I've started to abandon it as I get steam rolled, tried a 4222 with moving the BWM and turning the Mez into a vol to counter really good teams. The odd game with the tactic it will struggle to break down a team but that may be because teams are starting to sit back.

The only another thing is the AMC doesn't seem to have much of an impact, not sure if that's cause I'm playing a young Dani Olmo or not but he gets 1 key pass every other game or so and average's around 20 passes a game.

Last edited:
Initially i thought it wasnt working but it seems im still getting a pile of shots on target, the game just refuses to let them go in. Cant say about bigger opposition since in the big fish in the MLS, for what thats worth :LOL: i was also receiving more goals but that was less the tactic more my goalkeeper being permanently anxious and getting 5.0 training grades out of nowhere. As for the AMC he rarely makes it in the highlights but his massive 7.93 average rating means he does a lot behind the scenes