4-2-3-1 Tiki Taka; the best 4-2-3-1 you'll ever use

charlierud

Reaction score
Like most people who play this game, I have never had the tactical prowess of Alex Ferguson or Pep Guardiola so have always downloaded other tactics. However, due to the new tactical system on this FM, the customization allows the user to play football the way they see fit. I did exactly this, and the result has been spectacular; View attachment 409799

I have also tested this tactic with Everton and Chelsea, going unbeaten up to January with both teams.

The tactic
View attachment 409798
I have tried to play possession football while also going forward and attacking, a sort of Roberto Martinez-Jurgen Klopp mash up. As you can see the philosophy has worked very well for me and can hopefully work well for you aswell!
View attachment 409797 Enjoy |)

Looks good do you have the screens from everton and chelsea?

Or the full season with Cardiff, as you've played Chelsea away already, so surely you've played more games than the screenshot above?

No I didn't do no screens with Chelsea and Everton because they were just for fun and I didnt decide to upload this to FM base till the Cardiff save :/ and no, I've played Chelsea in the League and the COC :p

Luckyboy

What training you use-general and match training and do you use oi

Yeah I get my assistant manager to do OI (make sure his tactical knowledge is above 15) For my general match training, Team Cohesion-Very High throughout pre-season then Tactics-High for the rest of the season (I'm too lazy to change it :p) and just Balanced-Standard training

This looks promising...after hours of trying several different tactics on several different save games.

This seems to work. changed to this tactic and beat Chelsea and Man city within my first 3 games. i will post more reuslts and what i think of the tactic later. I am using Liverpool btw.

A quick observation so far is that i go into the second half leading the game but the oppostion comes out playing a lot better and i struggle to keep the lead resulting in a few draws. i will try tweaking from control to standard when i see them struggling.

Looks ok, defo needs more that less than half a season testing.. there should be a minimal rule of a least a season full ss.

i'll keep and eye out though,

Interesting tactic, but there is potential for tweaks as you indeed struggle in the second half. I will test it some more but for now it looks promising.

That could just be your half time team talk? I've never had that problem so I don't know, but on the new patch it's impossible to not concede so don't know what to suggest :S

I played some more matches and this tactic needs to be more popular. So far it's the most stable tactic I tried in 14.3. And dominating in possession or statistics is always nice :p GJ

Trying this with atletico madrid, won 5 -1 against barcelona, playing well at home but struggling away

Awful tactic, even though I believed in it... I said AWFUL because I used it with Liverpool and in 4 matches after suspension Suarez, playing as a Poacher, was: 5.7, 6.2, 7.2 and 6.2.....

Wow so it's an awful tactic because your striker doesn't play well?

Just tried it with my Liverpool side, won the league in the first two seasons and champions league in the second in the seasons before trying it, so I had a pretty strong squad put together by the 3rd season

Played Hull and Norwich both away from home. Neither team had a shot, nevermind a shot on target they didnt have a single shot. I had 67% possesion or more in both games. However I am finding the striker to be very shoddy, I have Suarez and Diego Costa to play up front. Suarez started both games out left and scored 3. Costa got ratings of about 6.5 and 6.4.

Gonna give it a fair chance from the start with a team and try sort out the striker settings