ChelseaFan112

Reaction score
The Breakaway(4-2-4)

Background

If you're like me and have always dominated at Home, but lack that spark Away, this is the tactic for you!I have developed this tactic using a mixture of the grid theory and fast fullbacks and wingers with a creative midfielder and a ball-winner in the middle of the park. Fortunatley, this tactic seems to work great at Home as well. No real tweaks are needed apart from the shouts for both Home and Away (which I will provide) although their is no doubt the tactic works better Away. The Ball Playing Defender will aim for the DLP who will then give a direct pass to a winger, who will run down the flank and hit an early cross to the DLF who will slot a pass in for the Poacher to chase and score. Thats the theory of it anyway.

Screenshots:
View attachment 249119View attachment 249120View attachment 249121View attachment 249122View attachment 249123View attachment 249124
Requirements:
- Standard Pitch Size
- Fast Wingers and Full Backs (15+ Pace)
- Wingers must have good crossing

Shouts
Home: Pass into Space, Work Ball into Box, Hassle Opponents, Exploit Flanks
Away: Pass into Space, Work Ball into Box, Hassle Opponents, Exploit Flanks, Run at Defence, Hit Early Crosses.

Match Prep:
Low Attacking Movement for home games. Low Defence for away.(I like to have it low, so my players develop faster)

Team Talks
Home:
(Passionately) I have faith in you -Before Games
(Assertively) I am far from pleased - Half time if drawing or losing
(Aggressive) If playing very bad at half time

Away
(Calm) I expect you to win - If playing well recently.
(Calm) I have faith in you - Before a game
(Calm) I am far from pleased - Half time at draw or losing

This tactic hasen't been tested for a long period of time, so I understand if you're sceptical to use it, but I thought I would share it anyway, cause It's been giving me some great football!

View attachment 249126

Last edited:
looks great I will try it but Im thinking change that DLF to TM I hope it works good

Great,thank you very much
g.gif

If I could make a suggestion? Swap the DLF and Poacher positions around, poacher has more of the goal to aim at cutting inside and will probably increase the number or goals scored. Will also mean your DLF is on his correct foot to slide in a pass for the poacher if that is the concept. Won't take anything away from your tactic.

This is a great wee tactic. I'm using it on my Celtic save and i've had some great results in the Champions League [including a 5-1 drubbing of Real Madrid at Celtic Park and 4-0 away at Shakhtar]. Perfect way to grab some goals against the bigger teams.

If I could make a suggestion? Swap the DLF and Poacher positions around, poacher has more of the goal to aim at cutting inside and will probably increase the number or goals scored. Will also mean your DLF is on his correct foot to slide in a pass for the poacher if that is the concept. Won't take anything away from your tactic.

I will test this! Thanks for the pointer!