McBainy

Reaction score
THE TACTIC

Hi this is my Keep the ball and win tactic I managed to win the league with SC Heerenveen in Holland (Lost the cup early on)

Its a simple tactic that I have worked on in the Scottish,Spanish and Dutch leagues, I was successful in all 3.
I won the league with Celtic (Not hard I know but I never lost a game in the league or cup) and got to last 8 of champions league first season put out by R-Madrid on penalties!

I finished 2nd with Seville lost last game of season and Barcelona won by 4 points I won the Spanish Cup and Europa Cup (Never lost a game in the group stages or the knockouts)

I am most proud of winning the Dutch league with a team that should have finished mid table at best!
I had no cash to spend and a weak team that did not fit my tactic only really 1 striker with weak back up all over the place. That's what is good about this tactic, it works with all teams that I have tested it with. Its all about what you do with the ball and what i want my teams to do is keep it.

THE TEAM

Forward/False 9- You want someone who is strong does not have to be tall but can move well, positioning is good thing to have, nice bit of acceleration helps too (Still cant find the right player on teams I have tested) A Rooney type of player.

LW-RW- Crossing,Pace,Acceleration,Passing both side can score a great amount of goals for you Andre Hahn cheap and scored 22 goals for me on right wing for Seville.

CM-This guy can make it all happen for you, good passing is a must he will get forward allot and can bag some amount of goals. He will open up space but will also run into it, he, like all of the team will track back.
You are looking for a smart player here that knows what to do with the ball, passing is the real key stat here. Koo Ja-Cheol does this role well but I played Rakitić there when FIT. 16 goals first season not to bad.

BBM-This guy works great with the setting I have given him. He will go forward and look for a nice and simple pass, but his main role is to win the ball back higher up the pitch and look to feed the others. A real team player is needed here again, passing, tackling, positioning, teamwork. He will run from top to botton for you so you will need a fit player here and a good backup he will score goals but his main role is really defensive/support in that order. Koo Ja-cheol ?1.7m!!! sold him for ?32m second season great stats and great player make a bid and see if he will join, its strange that's he does as its his first season at his current club Mainz in Germany

DMF-Your ball winning makelele man simple job stop through balls break up play and make the simple short pass forward or back to keep the ball tackling,passing,strength,positioning are the key stats to look for.

WBS-Both wing-backs go forward and back all day. Two fit players who can cross balls into the center are needed. Crossing, pace, tackling, stamina, they will make allot of runs past your wingers and whip in many crosses in a game sometimes more than your wingers. (Moreno at LWB for me was a star)

CB- I have set the both of them to cover and never changed it when testing they seem to work well for me, but when things do go wrong these guys are the ones who get a 5.5 rating so they could be changed (if you think of anything you can do better message me). Really your just looking for two solid players here, tall, strong and good in the air as they get goals from corners and free kicks. I managed to get Vidic second season on a free he played a 7.9 over 33 games solid

GK-All he needs is a set of hands and a brain so you pick as you like not really important.

Assistant managers does instructions

Team talks are up to you

Pitch was standard for all 3 teams

Last edited: