kolas79

Reaction score
Hello to everyone ! I have a tactical question and I would be very happy if anyone out there could give a hand. I have created a quite decent 4-3-3 tactic for a save I have with a mediorate greek team. I want the widht of my team to be quite guide but in the same time the three lines (defence , middle and attack) to be close to each other since I want the team to press high up the pitch.
Is there a combination of tactical approach which will help me do that ? Any help will be higly appreciated !

I assume, since you don't say, that the 3 are strikers. So the width needs to come from the outer two strikers (or one of them at the very least) and your fullbacks.

Since I am at work I cannot so you images of my tactic but I will try to explain it the best I can. My defence consists of four players. Two central defenders and two full backs. In the middle I have one DLP one BWM and one AP. In offence I use two DLPs and on AF (who is in the middle). I want my team to press high but in the same time not to loose its shape. One easy solution for this is to choose narrow team shape right ? But each time I do that I see that I am vulnerable in crosses that come from opposite wingers. One way to deal with this is to choose widder shape. But if I do this will it affect my high pressing structure ?
That is what I am asking

If you're pressing, you will lose shape. Certain players press certain players.

Playing narrow, just means that you'll be narrow in possession and also that your players aren't very wide when trying to recover after losing the ball.

If you're pressing, you will lose shape. Certain players press certain players.

Playing narrow, just means that you'll be narrow in possession and also that your players aren't very wide when trying to recover after losing the ball.
Thank you a lot for that ! Now I got the picture. I think I am going to try playing a little bit wider and see what happens.