Chocman

Reaction score
Im in my 5th season at Liverpool and Ill admit I have a very talented team I think the tactic I am using is working very well. In my first 3 seasons I used a different tactic, I won the league in years 1 and 2 but slipped to 4th in year 3. Due to this I changed things up a bit and developed this new tactic prior to my 4th year. In the 4th year I won the treble and now I am 22 games into my 5th year and I am currently 21 won, 0 drawn, 1 loss.

looks very good but ı wanna ask something do you use opposition instruction or match preparetion ?

Can you give some information about your tactic?

I tried to post some screen shots but I dont know how to do it. As for instructions, I always show strikers and attacking mids onto their weaker foot. At home or against a weaker team away I will press on every one. Against a better team I don't do that.

The tactic is a 4-3-3 but it actually plays alot more like a 3-4-3. Here is why I say that:

There are 3 defensive players who primarily play defense, the 2 centerbacks and the defensive midfielder. The DM is nearly a 3rd centerback, he just happens to play slightly further up the field but he functions as a third defender.

There are 4 players whose job it is to support the attackers, the 2 full backs and the 2 center midfielders. The full backs are set to attack but they aren't trying to score goals. They are trying to provide width so the forwards have more space. The 2 center midfielders provide support.

There are 3 attacking players, the 3 center forwards. The target man tries to get the ball and either flick it or hold it up to allow the faster complete forwards to get the ball while already up to speed and cause the defense to break down. Many goals are scored by the target man flicking the ball to one of the speedy forwards, the speedy forward runs ahead with the ball and then the target man trails behind and gets the ball for a goal.

So like I said eventhough they lineup as a 4-3-3 it actually plays more like a 3-4-3. Ive actually tinkered with it since I posted it here playing the full backs up at wingback while making the defensive midfielder even more defensive by switching him from "defensive midfielder" to "anchor man."