XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a lot of experience on FM2011 so I thought that I would experiment with tactics. I started the game in control if AC Milan and as you know they lack natural width. So I decided that I wanted to play a 4-3-3. At the start of the 2015 season I was slightly annoyed with how my team was playing, it was no good so I decided to try and create a better unorthodox tactic. The result of the tactic that I created was a Barcelona style tactic however without the full backs pushing up all of the time (however they occasionally do). I find this is better for the defense anyway and there is certainly no lack of goals. My team scores a bagload of goals and does not conceed too much. I have the best attacking record and best defensive record in the Serie A by a long way.

So the unorthodox tactic looks like this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From this you can see that the tactic requires the standard 4 defenders. In addition to this it requires a defensive midfielder to sit in the hole. This player does sometimes score from long distance. Steven Defour scored from there twice in 1 match for me I recall. The two attacking midfielders makes runs into the box quite often and does get on the end of it and puts the ball into the back of the net often. The central striker scores the most for me. The striker on the left also gets a decent amount of goals as does the striker on the right. Because the amount of pressure put onto the opposition the two centre backs also scores a decent amount from corners. You will win a lot of corners due to the way the team plays and the amount of times you test the goalkeeper.

So that is the league table so far. I am miles ahead. However I did not use the tactic for the first two games of the season. I was using a flat 4-3-3 where I got 1 win and 1 draw.

As I said earlier for the 1st two league games I was not using this tactic. It was after the 1-1 draw I thought that I needed a tactic change.

Is the rest of the fixtures I have used the tactic in

Is my full squad. As you can see I have the players tailor made to a 433 kind of tactic. My intent was always to have a 433 tactic which lacked width. The width is usually made up by the two other strikers at times. They sometimes comes deep to get the ball but are always focal in the attack.

And so here is the tactic.

Click here for the tactic

I have not tested it on any other teams but from the moment I started the tactic my team had no match preperation so I think this should do it.

I think the tactic is very good, I win almost all games but I think we can score more goals with this tactic, with so much possesion u can create more chanches than the tactic now does. But the question is how? I want to see more killerballs from Xavi and Iniesta, sometimes also I wanna see that from Messi and Pedro but you see that rarerly. Did you have any suggestions how to create more chances?

I think the tactic is very good, I win almost all games but I think we can score more goals with this tactic, with so much possesion u can create more chanches than the tactic now does. But the question is how? I want to see more killerballs from Xavi and Iniesta, sometimes also I wanna see that from Messi and Pedro but you see that rarerly. Did you have any suggestions how to create more chances?

You asked that exactly same question in another Barcelona tactic thread, and I gave you proper answer...

i just started a new season and has won 4-0 about 5 times in a row. this tactic is really good imo because i hardly ever conceed and always grabs at least 2 goals but on average 4. it usually wins.

Started new season, Inter crushed me 9:1, Juventus 6:0 and Palermo 4:0. Probably the worst defence ever, I'm last in the table lol.

How about a post for in-game analysis & match details? Possession? Pass-rate?

I saw a good Barca tactic (think search BarcelonaJAB) tactic which was AMAZING. He had Xavi making up to 100+ passes, true Tika Taka style. Possession & pass-rate was good, only lack of goals, which I managed to tweak & put my own touches into :)