united762000

Reaction score
NOTE---------- THIS IS NOT A TACTIC ITSELF--------

First of all if your expecting to find a tactic which claims to have won everything from the Premier League to the X Factor and the Grand National then you may as well exit this post now. I have seen a few comments on here by people complaining that there are no 4-3-3 tactics like on FM12. I have even seen some comments by people telling other users to change their post to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 etc. The truth is that the 4-3-3 formation in real life relies heavily on inside forwards. The 4-3-3 on FM12 was an engine exploiter and would not work in real life and I think people are trying to find a lazy way to win on FM13. I think this years version is fantastic and it needs a lot of focus on team and player tactics. In real life Manchester United have often played with 3 strikers this season but they have not all played in the central striker position like in the FM12 match exploiting tactic. Rooney and Wellbeck both operate in an inside forward position and both have defensive duties as well as attacking ones. How many times have we seen Rooney dropping deep one second and then the next supporting RVP up front. Carlos Queiroz famously said a few years ago that 4-4-2 was dead and that 4-3-3 was the future. Look at teams that have had the most success over the past few years and he was right. United, Barca, Chelsea (under Mourinho) etc. The reason this tactic has worked so well is becuase it gives the team so many options. the inside forwards could change wings, they can drop deep or cut inside, the can alternate with the central striker etc. The use of traditional strikers is a dying art. Look at the premier league now and compare it to earlier seasons. In the old days there was so many strikers that were in the top goalscorers like Shearer, Sutton, Ferdinand,Cole, Cantona, Sheringham, Kilnsman etc. Now you see more Inside forward and attacking midfielders scoring the goals. Spain have already taken the first steps and have played strikerless formations numerous times. I think it is only a matter of time before we see 4-3-3-0 formations being the norm.
So if you are looking to find a 3 striker formation in this years version I think you will be very disappointed. Its all about managing your inside forwards and tweaking your tactics