rdouglasncfc

Reaction score
In a recent attempt to find a new winning formation away from the obvious modern 4-5-1, I seem to have stumbled onto a 4-3-3 that has been doing the trick for me. I discovered it in my YouTube series managing Tottenham Hotspur and in my first season was runner up in the Premier League and winners of the Capital One Cup & FA Cup (albeit I had some great transfers come in during the summer).

The original purpose of trying the 4-3-3 was to have a team centered around Harry Kane and see how good he could become after a few seasons. Although this was working, I had little answers whenever he would have an off game so I redesigned my wingers to be inside forwards to help with the goal scoring burden and it paid off massively. The entire tactics now is to have a solid back 4 with 2 defensive midfielders for cover and in between them a roaming playmaker who can pass out to the wingers/striker who have all the attacking freedom. I've realised this is very similar to what Van Gaal was doing with the Netherlands where his defence would just be solid and he just let loose the likes of: Sneijder, Robben & Van Persie except I have: Eriksen, Yarmolenko & Kane.

View attachment 267722
(Not representative of my best starting 11)

The formation shape isn't a default option so you will need to drag and drop in order to recreate this. I have a YouTube link if you want to listen to me going over all the team instructions, player instructions etc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKmU4Y7P11U

If you wish to just download it and give it a go yourself then I have a direct link to the Steam Workshop:
Steam Workshop :: Attacking 4-3-3 Wide

I have had some feedback from these tactics and my favourite so far is someone else using Spurs. They managed to finish 5th, only missing out of the Champions League on goal difference but did win the FA Cup. Not sure what transfers they made but I was still delighted for them :)

I hope this can be of some use to you, if you have any questions/queries then fire away! Have fun!