Reaction score
would like a 4-3-3 tactic with wingers or IF's for the latest patch would really appreciate it .

I don't have the file to upload at the moment, but I can tell you generally what I do from a 4-3-3/4-5-1.

Strategy: Balanced
Style: Counter
Passing: More Direct
Closing Down: Press More
Marking: Man
(All Others: Default)

Width: Narrow (~6/20)
Defensive Line: Normal (~8/20)
Tempo: Quick (~18/20)
Time Wasting: Sometimes (~10/20)
Focus Passing: Mixed
Counterattack: Yes
Play Offside: No

GK: Goalkeeper (Defend)
DR/DL: Full Back (Support)
DCR/DCL: Central Defender (Defend)
DMC: Defensive Midfielder (Support)
MCR/MCL: Central Midfielder (Support)
AMR/AML: Inside Forward (Attack)
STC: Deep-Lying Forward (Support) OR Target Man (Attack) [If your STC is a Target Man, tick the "Use Target Man" box]

Corners: 6-Yard Box
Free Kicks: Best Header
Throws: Short

Shouts:
Get Ball Forward
Play Through Defense
Hassle Opponents

Opposition Instructions:
DR/DL: Always close down
DM/MC/MR/ML/AMR/AML: Always close down
AMC/ST: Always mark tightly, close down, show onto weaker foot

Training:
Default Focus: Tactics (Shifting this around for a given week is fine, especially to focus on defending before a tough match)
Default Intensity: Average (Very High in pre-season)
Match Preparation Default Focus: Defending Set Pieces (Attacking Set Pieces for pre-season friendlies)

So, as you can see, this is a fluid, fast-paced, counterattacking 4-3-3 based around pressing in the midfield and quick transitions from defense to attack. I've generally used a DLF up front because the main goal-scoring threats I've had have come from my AMR/AML, so the idea is to get the DLF to play them through and distribute to the MC when they make their runs forward. I suppose you could use a Target Man if you wanted him to hold up play and then pick out the AM or MC. The key in the midfield is fluidity, and you can play around with the player roles to best suit your personnel there, though your MC getting forward is an important part of the attack, and you need your DM to be fairly disciplined, since he'll be responsible for breaking up opposition counterattacks. At the back, I generally want to keep it simple tactically since my defensive line is going to be asked to mark opposition forwards tightly. The formation is fairly narrow, so passing is generally going to be through the middle, and most of the width is going to come from the DR/DL overlapping, although this isn't really the emphasis of the attack. My usual plan B is to switch from a DLF to a Target Man up front and try to play even more direct balls forward to him and in behind the opposition fullbacks, if they're still pushing forward enough. Late in the game, you can switch to a more possession-oriented passing game to try and eat up clock and preserve a result. I like the 4-3-3/4-5-1 because you can outnumber a 4-4-2 in the center of midfield and because against a 4-2-3-1 you have a holding midfielder to mark the opposition's #10. I push the team pretty hard in preseason training, but I feel that it's worth it to have the tactics mostly in order by that point. If you have the luxury, squad rotation can be valuable to this, and you can adjust the individual roles to particular players' abilities (especially in midfield); your midfielders and inside forwards will get pretty tired over the course of a match. I can't promise that this is some kind of magic tactic; I've gotten some good results with it (Steaua Bucuresti 0:2 Universitatea Cluj, Petrolul Ploiesti 0:2 Universitatea Cluj) and had some pretty mediocre ones (Universitatea Cluj 1:1 Viitorul Constanta), but I think it's a good strategy regardless of your team's stature and can make you competitive domestically and give you a good chance on the continent. If you decide to give it a shot, then "noroc" and let me know how it goes.