woollonbcfc

Reaction score
Does anyone know a 4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 tactic with good possession that's been uploaded?

Link me if you know one?

Cheers ^^)

I have used a 4-3-3 formation with unparalleled success. Won over 20 Serie A's in a row and about 6 Champions League titles. Appart from a few tweaks it is almost default settings.

Gk default.

Back 4 default: 2 DC on default defend (no stopper/cover) and 2 full-backs on default automatic

Midfield: 3 flat central midfielders (no DM or AM position).
Left MC = Advanced Playmaker (Attack)
Central MC = Ball-Winning (Defend)
Right MC = Box-2-Box (Support)

Attack: 3 flat central strikers
Left ST = Trequeista
Central ST = Poacher
Right ST = Deep-Lying Forward

Team settings - set one team setting to "More Cautious" (can't remember which setting this is) and also set tackling to Harder.

Having the "More Cautious" element keeps the defense very solid, while allowing the 3 strikers carte-blanche to run riot, especially the Trequeista who usually gets the man of the match award. The ball-winning mid is central to the tactics and must be a real bruiser! The fact that the left and right sides of the formation are slightly lopsided seems to help create holes in teams. I've tried making it more symmetrical (e.g. 2 trequeistas), but this set up has always done wonders for me. It takes about 5 matches for a new team to grips with it, but you will end up with 70% possession almost every match and about 20 shots to 2. If I am losing I just switch the team to Attacking / Overload and sometimes the full-backs to wing-backs. But no shouts or any major changes.

Last edited: