Resource icon

4-3-3 Saved my job

My results since using this tactic!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 22.14.07.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 22.14.07.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 3,245
Playing with Stuttgart. Played up to the WC break so far. Currently 3rd in the league. Tactic working very well (red square) but would suggest taking off "get stuck in" as I was getting SO MANY cards. Including early red cards in the Munich and Dortmund games.

1.png

2.png

You haven’t uploaded the tactic?

Sorry - originally uploaded the screenshot of the tactic so you could put it together yourself.

Here is the .fmf file.

Attachments

• Roll The Dice.fmf
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,580
Last edited:
Playing with Stuttgart. Played up to the WC break so far. Currently 3rd in the league. Tactic working very well (red square) but would suggest taking off "get stuck in" as I was getting SO MANY cards. Including early red cards in the Munich and Dortmund games.

View attachment 601662

View attachment 601663

Looks good - a strong start to the season! What is the Media Prediction for Stuttgart?

I do need to sort the tackling out as I am getting a lot of yellow cards (though none red yet, luckily) - but as the tactic was getting results I didn't want to change a single thing until I was out of the danger zone in terms of my job being on the line!

I also made some good signings in January, as I had disabled first transfer window:

• Matheus Cunha from Atl Madrid for £23m (he was Transfer Listed by Request)
  • Ruben Neves from Wolves for £22m (His contract was expiring in summer - had to offer big wages as Arsenal were in for him too)
  • Eduardo Camavinga from Real Madrid for £63m (he was Transfer Listed by Request)

Also signed Sergio Ramos on a Free Transfer, but that won't go through until summer! A+ Scouting report, despite being 36, and a reasonable wage of £72k per week. I couldn't resist!

Looks good - a strong start to the season! What is the Media Prediction for Stuttgart?

I do need to sort the tackling out as I am getting a lot of yellow cards (though none red yet, luckily) - but as the tactic was getting results I didn't want to change a single thing until I was out of the danger zone in terms of my job being on the line!

I also made some good signings in January, as I had disabled first transfer window:

• Matheus Cunha from Atl Madrid for £23m (he was Transfer Listed by Request)
  • Ruben Neves from Wolves for £22m (His contract was expiring in summer - had to offer big wages as Arsenal were in for him too)
  • Eduardo Camavinga from Real Madrid for £63m (he was Transfer Listed by Request)

Also signed Sergio Ramos on a Free Transfer, but that won't go through until summer! A+ Scouting report, despite being 36, and a reasonable wage of £72k per week. I couldn't resist!

I think they were predicted 14th(?)

You might be right re tackling. I was getting better results with it on as well 😆

We didn't have much money at the start so I signed Schjelderup at the start for $14m (split up) and have just signed Diomande in Jan for $8m (split up). This is in Australian $.

I think they were predicted 14th(?)

You might be right re tackling. I was getting better results with it on as well 😆

We didn't have much money at the start so I signed Schjelderup at the start for $14m (split up) and have just signed Diomande in Jan for $8m (split up). This is in Australian $.

Oh ok I won't change the tackling then - maybe a bigger squad is needed to cover player suspensions haha

Schjelderup is supposed to be very good - I watched a YouTube video of a guy who did manager holiday for 15 seasons and I'm sure on his save that Schjelderup won Ballon D'Or.

Schjelderup is already a 4* starter for the team. He's awesome. Played 24 games he's got 10 goals and 8 assists mainly playing on the left.

Schjelderup is already a 4* starter for the team. He's awesome. Played 24 games he's got 10 goals and 8 assists mainly playing on the left.

Skip to 1:24 - it was the NXTGN Award, and he came 3rd 🙈 So, not quite Ballon D'Or but still pretty good! Not bad for $14m!

This game is so weird. Saved the game last night, went to work, come home and these are my results so far tonight (from the Nottm Forest cup game onwards)...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 20.38.12.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 20.38.12.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 2,765
When I play the big boys I change the mentality to Balanced and drop the defensive line down a notch. This just happened... 😮

1.png

End of 1st season. Finished in 3rd. Very happy with that. Time to hit the transfer market

1.png

Well, my season went completely off the rails and I finished 11th, Semi Final of FA Cup, and 4th Round of League Cup.

Had to beg to be given another chance by the board, who have agreed and given me their backing.

Not sure why FM splits your summer transfer activity between the season before and the new season, so two screenshots below showing who I bought in summer:

Anthony Gordon & Marcos Leonardo - gives me more options, and better options, in attack. Ryan Fraser, Matt Richie, Jacob Murphy etc. just aren't going to cut it!

Sergio Ramos - It's Sergio Ramos for free...enough said!

Anatoli Trubin - A- Scout Report, great potential, but sent back to Shakhtar on loan. Nick Pope is okay but will be making this guy my number one next season...if I get there.

Tariq Lamptey - Can play anywhere across the back, and great scout report so can rotate across the back!

Just need to get this tactic working again.

I seem to be throwing away leads, or my players are exhausted. Got another Fitness Coach in over summer so hopefully that will help!

EDIT: Also got Ruben Loftus-Cheek for £2.4m, and Sergio Gomez on Loan, both on deadline day.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 08.55.08.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 08.55.08.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,266
  • Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 08.55.20.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 08.55.20.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,101
Last edited:
AI Managers work you out far too easily this year, hope they fix it for the full version of the game, takes away the fun element of the game. i understand its a football manager sim BUT there still has to be an element of fantasy in game! hopefully there will be a game breaking tactic soon. i have faith!

AI Managers work you out far too easily this year, hope they fix it for the full version of the game, takes away the fun element of the game. i understand its a football manager sim BUT there still has to be an element of fantasy in game! hopefully there will be a game breaking tactic soon. i have faith!

I agree - however, following @TJMitchell's suggested tweak of dropping the defensive line down one notch, and changing to Balanced, these are my results...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 11.15.49.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 11.15.49.png
    210.7 KB · Views: 1,037