Reaction score
Hi,
Been debating whether to post my tactic for a while now, as its a boring sunday i thought i might.

Iv worked on the tactic for a while now with different teams such as Chelsea, City and had good success as u would expect but i always get bored using the big teams. So i went about testing and modifing the tactic with Notts County a team i often use because its a challenge.

The idea behind the tactic is sort of spain/barca like most tactics these days but working the ball quickly to players in advanced postions if need be, keeping the ball moving and looking for the space and pass.

The tactic is finished but im open to peoples ideas, the only thing i want to work on is having the midfielders make more passes rather then my defenders manily RB and LB.

Tactic walkthrough.

As you can see its a flat 4-3-3, with the aim to keep possesion, create chances for the strikers and play nice counter attack football when needed. At times the "enemy" wont be able to get out the half other then booting the ball up field. The STC (poacher) will get most of the goals with the other strikers being on hand to get tap ins. The corner set up will also get alot of goals which some find "cheating" but its not guaranteed goals everytime.

Defence.

Goalkeeper needs to be able to pass the ball and keep calm under pressure as he will make alot of passes (something im working on.)

Two centrebacks one a ballplaying defender one a standard defender, im possibly gunna chance the standard to a covering defender. Both need good pace, tackling, marking, anticipation, passing. The left CB needs good jumping and heading, as he will get the goals from corners.

Wingbacks i mainly looked at pace but also stamina, passing, marking. You will find the LB and RB push on but dont really "get done" when out of position.

Midfield.

The middle of the three is our ball winning mid breaking up the play but also getting forward when needed.
The left mid our deep lying mid and right our playmaker advance mid. I tend to buy a CAM and place him in the RCM role and re-train to a CM if needed as they get forward alot from midfield.

Need good passing, tackling, stamina, dribbling, technique and creativity for all the mids.

Forwards.

CF Poacher Advance Forward

Like mentioned before our poacher is gunna get alot of goals, down to the work the two strike partners around do.

The CF will be acting like a flase 9 at times dropping deeper to work the play. The wide play of the CF is to cut inside working it on to his stronger foot. But will need to be the biggest of your three strikers.
Strength, finishing, passing, finishing, pace and heading are needed.

Poacher....just buy Leigh Griffths! no matter what league of division he is a beast in the poacher role.
Finishing, composure, off the ball, dribbling and pace are needed.

Advance Forward will be acting like a winger at times chasing down lost balls and running down the line but need to possess striking attributes.
Flair, crossing, pace, finishing and composure are needed.Im open to suggestions when it comes to the left and right strikers as they dont get as many goals as i would like.
View attachment 216640

Team Talks.

I use agressive team talks before the game expecting a win! Then individual assertive "i have faith".
At half time if losing or drawing agressive again! Then indivdual assertive "i have faith".
If winning at half time let asst man do it followed by you guessed it "i have faith"!!
End game either passionate praise if won or agressive if draw or lost.

No OI
Set focus to teamwork average
This is a plug and play
so no tweaking!
Allow time for this to work!
Was made in 12.0.4
or suming like that.

Picture Time.

View attachment 216645View attachment 216646View attachment 216647View attachment 216648
View attachment 216650View attachment 216651View attachment 216652View attachment 216653
View attachment 216656View attachment 216657

4-3-3 Tactical Genius 2.1 (Chelsea, Sep 2011).tac 4-3-3 Tactical Genius 2.1
4-3-3 Tactical Genius 2.1 Neymar (Chelsea, Jan 2012).tac 4-3-3 Tactical Genius 2.1 Neymar

Tactic comes with a copy of its self but a trequirista role swap it about and see if you prefer the role (its the neymar one) i suggest you add both and mix it up through the season.
Let me know how you get on and if you can improve it
Cheers
.Dan.
P.s sorry the links are abit novice looking!

no worries. i would maybe suggest using max size as the defenders/midfielders put the ball over the top for the attacks to have one on ones quite often.

necid how many goals ?? What otherrolecan be given stcl

Great job with notts county amazing to see them back in the prem will try this formation out with malaga :)

I tried many tactics in last weeks, but only this tactic really works for me in Everton and England NT. Cheers!

Hi, I play FM/CM since 2001 and first edition, playing with my own tactics and found out about this site two years ago, this is the best FM site by far, i like to test other people tactics and tweak it to get very best from tactics and most beautiful football and to keep creating lot of chances for scoring. Dan your tactic has excellent balance and consistently throwing pressure on opponents defence and creating lot of chances and in the back is good allowing few shots and almost none ccc 's depending on quality off defence, more than half goals conceded from corners and free kicks and your team doesn't score 40 goals in a season from corner(one goal every 4 or 5 matches which is very real) like half tactics people create. Poacher are in good position to play lot of through balls because wide forwards are close in line with him but often he goes straight to goal and wide forwards doesn't score much but they are in very good position to score. I changed through ball often for the poacher role and wide forwards started bagging goals and results increased, because poacher doesn't waste all chances on going alone to goal. I set fullbacks and wide forwards to cross on far post because you always have one wide forward on other side and he is often poor marked because defence is focused on central forward. Thank you for great tactic I will try to make it even better , Milan from Serbia.