4-3-3 United & Counter Strike (2 PL title in a row, UEFA Cup, CL Final with Leeds)

hedonist

Reaction score
4-3-3 United & Counter Strike (2 PL title in a row, UEFA Cup, CL Final with Leeds)

Edit: Somehow I removed "Drill Crosses" instruction from 4-3-3, I set it back, previous downloaders please add that ins. too!!!

Hi everyone, I wanted to share two of my tactics that made me win every cup except CL (lost at final) in 3 years with Leeds United. Any feedback & suggestion is welcome.

4-3-3 United

DISCLAIMER

- Like every other tactic over here this tactic needs fluidity too. Don't come to me if you loose first couple of matches during the season.

- This is neither a possession nor tiki-taka tactic. If you're looking for those I suggest you to look elsewhere. Possession is about 48-58% and have at least 3-4 CCC's in every game.

- To make off-side tactic work, your whole defensive line's decisions, anticipation, teamwork, off the ball attributes should be at least 11 or more (Not 100% sure about off the ball though). Your defensive line should play together at least 5-6 games together to make it work.

- Limited Defenders with low passing and composure aren't suitable for this tactic.

-
I tried to design the tactic can work with both Control & Attacking mentality. At home against weaker teams switch to attack, so you can score more goals. If you desperately need a goal, switch to attack. While doing that check opponents' forwards pace. If they are pacey, remove "push higher up " instruction.

- I don't have a Sweeper GK, If you have one, switch his role to that, otherwise check your GK's rushing out, decisions, anticipation skills. If those are low, perhaps this tactic is not for you.

- Strikers with low passing, decisions, technique, dribbling att. just don't cut for this tactic. Remember he will not be only your striker, also be your Advanced Playmaker at front line, A Trequertista with decent teamwork works, even an AMC with good finishing, composure, anticipation & teamwork works. Some strikers don't rate as False 9 just because their long shot skills are low. We don't need that skill, ignore it.

- Not every creative DMC can play as Regista. Off the ball attribute is the key.

- Tactic is pretty brave, so I can't guarantee you away wins against title contenders if your squad as strong as theirs. But I won almost every other away game against UEFA Cup contenders and lower.

PLAN B:
If an opponent try to contain the score like after 70-75 min., I do this (I suppose that mentality on already attacking): Tight Man Mark to DL/R with your IF'S, tight man mark to DC with better passing skills with your F9, close down to the other DC and GK from Opposition Instruction. Much Higher defensive line if their forwards not pacey) I managed to intercept balls and change scores several times like that.

If you have a narrow lead to protect, do this in last 15 minutes: (Strategy at Control) Remove push higher & pass into space /Add Retain Possession & Be more disciplined. Never change your strategy, you know what they say about dogs. if they realize you scared, they bite
:)

TACTIC

View attachment 421543

INSTRUCTIONS

View attachment 421340

SUCCESSES

1st season (with 14.1.4 update): Won Sky Bet & FA Cup

View attachment 484251

View attachment 484258

2nd Season (with 14.2.1 update): Won Premiere League & UEFA Cup

View attachment 484252

Proof:

View attachment 421540

Corner & Counter attack proof:

View attachment 421518

UEFA CUP

View attachment 484255

with this modest squad:

View attachment 484257

2nd season syndrome? No problem! (with 14.2.2 update)

View attachment 421559

View attachment 421359

With a still modest squad compare to others...

View attachment 421557

Guido Pizarro (my favorite regista) is a regular starter. I guess AI don't put him to 11 due to lower ratings.

View attachment 421541

Congrats AI your beloved son ManU finally won!!!

View attachment 421539

My second best penalty taker missed, his 20 years old kid didn't but no hard feelings.

Counter Strike

This is my alternate away tactic that I used only against topdogs. Your team is not going to play that you become proud but mostly get results.

I'm still tweaking it so I'm open any suggestions & feedback about this one.

TACTIC

View attachment 421537

INSTRUCTIONS

View attachment 421532

Here are some results:

View attachment 484260
View attachment 421515
View attachment 421528

View attachment 421514

PITCH SIZE

Standard.

TRAINING

Pre-season (Depending how much time you have)

2-3 weeks Fitness (Very High) / 50% match training (Slider all the way to left) (Tactics Only)
2-3 weeks Team Cohesion / 50% match training (Tactics Only / Last week before the season starts: Teamwork)

During Season

- Average Intensity all the time.
- After tactics become fluid: 30% Match training / Focus: Teamwork (If you play only 1 game in a week, have top facilities, top coaches, try 20%, even 10%)
- Last Day before match: Addition on your scout's suggestion, check opponents' corner, IFK, DFK score/conceded ratio. Then decide if it will be Att. Mov, Def. Pos. or Set pieces (Def. or Att.). Consider your *** Man suggestions in previous game too. Match training 50%
- Against Title contenders: 2 Days %50 match training, 1 Day Def. Set Pices / 1 Day Def. Positioning
- National Team Break: Fitness (%10 Match training: Teamwork)
- 1 Day rest after games

General Training Cycle

Balanced --> 1 Week Attacking / 1 Week Ball Control (against weaker teams) --> Balanced --> 1 Week Defending / 1 Week Tactics (against stronger teams) --> Balanced

Check Training Tab regularly. If more than 1 player performances drops in a specific area, break the cycle, change training focus to that area. Consider your *** Man monthly report too.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

Never Trust your *** Man (especially his tactical knowledge is under 13) Include these, addition to his suggestions.

- Always tight marking to all kind of forwards (Not man marking, only from OI)
- Always close down to forwards with good shooting or crossing.
- Always close down to MCs and AMCs to their weaker foot.
- Always close down to wingers to their weaker foot.
- Always close down to Inside Forwards to their stronger foot (If they have "Cuts Inside" PPM) (You can give your DL/R sit narrower instruction to neutralize them even more. Also do this if opponent plays with 3 AMCs)
- Always close down to Full/Wingbacks to their weaker foot only if they are good crosser. (You can even give your IF's tight man marking if they still a thread).
- Always close down to Ball Playing Defenders.
- If opponent has an effective AMC, instruct your regista to Hold Position/Mark Tighter.

Edit: If you have a left footed MC, put him to right side, vice versa.

This is for every tactic: If you don't follow AI player substutions during game and don't apply same instructions to them too, inglorious AI made them score or assist! How low of it!

Some useful PPM's:

Wingbacks: Gets forward whenever possible. Run with ball to the left/right (depending where he plays)
Regista: Dictates tempo, Comes back to get ball, Try killer balls often
BTBs: Gets into opposition area, Arrives late to oppositon area (Those can be learned only via tutoring)
IFs: Cuts Inside (obviously), Moves into channels, Places shots, Plays one-twos, Likes to beat offside trap (if decisions, concentration, anticipation & off the ball att. are good)
F9: Comes back to get ball, Moves into channels, Plays one-twos

Last edited:
Eh, not bad for first game ha! Good score, bad possession. :)

Edit :Why are you using Counter tactic at home against (relatively) a weak team buddy? It's for only against top dogs. I didn't even tried it against underdogs. Probably they're using counter strategy too.

Last edited:
Hey mate did you use this tactic to get promoted with Leeds in your first season? I'm looking for a tactic to use with Ipswich to get promoted in my first season. Would this work perhaps?

have u tried this tactic with any other team ?
Eh, not bad for first game ha! Good score, bad possession. :)

Edit :Why are you using Counter tactic at home against (relatively) a weak team buddy? It's for only against top dogs. I didn't even tried it against underdogs. Probably they're using counter strategy too.

Hey mate did you use this tactic to get promoted with Leeds in your first season? I'm looking for a tactic to use with Ipswich to get promoted in my first season. Would this work perhaps?

As I wrote it, my version was 14.1.2 during Sky Bet times. If your players attributes fits to disclaimer at top, I don't see why not.

PS: Sorry for flooding.

As I wrote it, my version was 14.1.2 during Sky Bet times. If your players attributes fits to disclaimer at top, I don't see why not.

PS: Sorry for flooding.
Ok I'll try it with Nottingham Forest. Thanks for the reply mate.

This tactic worked really well for my leeds team unitl january, i just keep losing now. how do i stop this?