4 (3) - 5 (3) - 3 - Tactical help

TheeRash

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just thought that I should ask for some advice on a tactic that I've been working on. Main principles are to hold possession and to obviously suffocate the other team.

I've had trouble when playing against the larger sides. Would anyone care to venture a guess as to how/why that could be?
Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Imgs:
7E548C91B4D9CD87531526922126A0DCF439032F

278EF3299B64709C78B998DEC9F4DA1E9E0725E6
FD8916053120D977588457247A86616871EFAB3B

Your front 3 goes against wanting to hold possession and suffocate teams, surely?

Your front 3 goes against wanting to hold possession and suffocate teams, surely?

In a way, but they do a decent job of holding it up and recycling the ball as they aren't too direct. They scored roughly 60 goals whilst assisting the same.

In a way, but they do a decent job of holding it up and recycling the ball as they aren't too direct. They scored roughly 60 goals whilst assisting the same.
So then there isn't really a problem? You win the league and it's going to be difficult to win every game...

So then there isn't really a problem? You win the league and it's going to be difficult to win every game...

In Europe I struggled in away games, and against the larger sides I bled goals. Formation changes happened often against the larger teams.

It' has to be expected though? It's an aggressive formation. You're not even pressing enough to make up for it.

It' has to be expected though? It's an aggressive formation. You're not even pressing enough to make up for it.

So basically you're saying that I should be more attack minded and just outscore the opponent?

So basically you're saying that I should be more attack minded and just outscore the opponent?
With that formation, yes - defensively speaking. You're going to get slaughtered with three forwards not really defending and only 2 defenders. Your flanks are weak too. IMO, of course. You're the one watching the games.

With that formation, yes - defensively speaking. You're going to get slaughtered with three forwards not really defending and only 2 defenders. Your flanks are weak too. IMO, of course. You're the one watching the games.

There-in lies my question.
Do you think that pulling one of my attacking players into the midfield (amc/mc) and dropping one of my MC (like the dlp) into DM position?

There-in lies my question.
Do you think that pulling one of my attacking players into the midfield (amc/mc) and dropping one of my MC (like the dlp) into DM position?
The formation you set is the defensive formation, so by pulling them back, you'd (in theory) be more solid defensively.

The formation you set is the defensive formation, so by pulling them back, you'd (in theory) be more solid defensively.

Fair enough. Thanks for your advice.

I'll post with updates :)