DaleP88

Reaction score
So it took me a little while but ive finally managed to get a tactic that defends well and scores more goals than my 4-2-3-1. After some research and looking at a few ideas from tactics forum ive made a V.fluid Attacking 4-4-2.
After the Atletico Madrid game i needed change due to my youth players being ready for the 1st team, the madrid game was in 2016/17 season and from there ive been using this tactic

here are my fixtures from the end of 2016/17 and start of the followoing season, hope it works for you the way its working for me ;)

I'm going to give it a go with PSG , hope it delivers , because i have tried the exact same formation with them and failed big time! Hope your team instructions fix mine mistakes :p

aslong as tour AML is left footed and your AMR is right footed because i know lucas moura is left footed playing on the right. hope it brings sucess buddy

actually i lost my first match against boredux 2-3 and in the friendlies i noticed that zlatan and cavani didn't score at all! Always lavezzi on the right or pastore from the left wing , so 5 matches 0 goals from 2 strikers is not good at all :(

what training (general and match prep) do you use? opposition instructions? individual training?

I have noticed in your team instructions that you have set play narrower and exploit the flanks these instructions completely contradict each other.

So it took me a little while but ive finally managed to get a tactic that defends well and scores more goals than my 4-2-3-1. After some research and looking at a few ideas from tactics forum ive made a V.fluid Attacking 4-4-2.
After the Atletico Madrid game i needed change due to my youth players being ready for the 1st team, the madrid game was in 2016/17 season and from there ive been using this tactic

View attachment 483241

I have noticed in your team instructions that you have set play narrower and exploit the flanks these instructions seem to completely contradict each other.

I have also found that a flat 4-4-2 works better with the wingers level with CMs and set to attacking.

Last edited:
View attachment 483241

I have noticed in your team instructions that you have set play narrower and exploit the flanks these instructions seem to completely contradict each other.

I have also found that a flat 4-4-2 works better with the wingers level with CMs and set to attacking.
ill give it a bash, dunno if its working for me because of the players ive got

I used your tactic with my Rangers side was inconsistent then after a few games with this I'm winning consistently, I've changed the instruction from play narrower to play wider though thanks :) I'm in my first season back in top flight btw

im using this with city currently but cant seem to keep the ball with yaya and fernandinho in cm yaya is b2b and fernan BWM (d)

I used your tactic with my Rangers side was inconsistent then after a few games with this I'm winning consistently, I've changed the instruction from play narrower to play wider though thanks :) I'm in my first season back in top flight btw
glad to hear it bud, ill change to wide aswell but just won the spfl with a new 4-2-3-1 so gona give this a chance, could you post any ss?

im using this with city currently but cant seem to keep the ball with yaya and fernandinho in cm yaya is b2b and fernan BWM (d)
tbh i duno if its because fm is so hard this year but i would give it a tweak and as john92 says mayb change it to wide instead of narrow, i suppose it just comes down to what players youve got. Can your players play in the positions that ar made for the tactic? If not then just tweak it and see how it goes, also because your playing in a more inferior league it may not have a good effect

how do you take a screenshot then upload it on here mate? I just went on a run to secure 2nd place and won the Scottish cup will aim to win title next season