SabbeH03

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

This is the first ever tactic I've posted here. I've had some very good success with it so far, so I figured I'd share it and see how it runs with you guys, its had some testing, but could really use some more.

as the title says its a Back to Basics 4-4-2 which I have slowly been developing over the past 2 seasons with West Ham (yes, your bound to get decent results with anything with them in the Championship, but let me explain) Watford and some with Dagenham and Redbridge.

Watford in the first season. Its end of January and they're sat towards the top side of the playoffs. (Media Precition 20th)

Dagenham and Redbridge are sat in the top half at the end of November in the first season. if you judge by the squad they have, thats a good performance, but the tactic used here was an older version of this, since then it has been improved!

Now West Ham.

I origionally started with a 4-2-3-1 however after 5 games in and 17th in the table, with my job already on the line, i switched to this flat 4-4-2 and decided to "Keep it simple".

This then turned into the first attached screenshot.

Now it was time to punch into the Premier League. Did some small tweaking, "Upgrading" the tactic, but still keeping it simple.

Finished the season with some very close games against rivals. but a very solid finish (See 2nd Screenshot)

As you can see, this has taken West Ham into Europe within two seasons. Personally I think thats an incredibly good effort there, So I'd Just love it if anyone wants to give the formation a try on their save if they want.

I personally wouldnt think I'm a fantastic manager on the game, but it feels like I've struck gold here.

Defensively its focussed on getting a lot of men behind the ball, MCL is a Ball Winning midfielder, with the MCR as a Deep Lying Playmaker providing a fair amount of the closing down, in conjuction with the CB's

Attacking the Formation relies on a relatively slow build up, passing it through the midfield, particularly utilising the Wide Midfielders to work the way up the pitch.

In the final third, the MCR and a Deep Lying Forward, especially with good passing, allows for some good balls and creativity to pick holes in the defence, and the Full Backs move up to support, offering Crosses from deep into the box, providing chances for both Strikers, and the opposite Wide Midfielder to get on the end of.

Many of the positions can be filled easily just by following the overlay advice for skills needed. Although for the MCL, Passing and Creativity is also a very nice asset. Despite being a BWM set to defend he does like to get involved on the through balls and poking holes in the opposing defence.

If anyone would like to give this a go and offer some advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, and Good Luck Updates will follow if there is a Decent reception. :)

View attachment 200416View attachment 200419View attachment 200420