4-4-2 Big Man Little Man for testing (should fit any team, even LLM)

Igneos79

Banned
Reaction score
Hiya!

I saw some enquires about a basic 442 with big man-little man combo, and decided to create it.

Naturally, I used a target man and poacher.

I started by thinking how to use the attacking duo, target man on support and poacher. So I figured I might start by counter attacking the opposition. Defence should send direct balls to target man, he employs the poacher, poacher scores. So I set up a structured team shape to accomodate this and counter mentality. Target man should really be very close to defenders to have an influence on the game, so I setup a very high line. If we are going to play things high, we might aswell stop them from building from the back, so I picked prevent short gk distribution. Target man should be close to poacher, and the main target, so I set up play narrower. Direct passing of course to send balls directly to him. Tempo should be lower and we should work ball into box when not countering. We should put our target man to use as often as possible, so I picked hit early crosess and float crosses. Offside trap might also be of use with a high line, so I set that up too.

This setup worked for a while, but I did lose a few matches for the obvious reasons. 442 doesn't feature a proper holding mid, and I don't have a DM to releive pressure when defending, and my wingers are usually very far wide and only do crosses. What I needed, is for the target man to make use of wingers aswell, and more agressive defending. Wingers should preferably be closer to target man, cut inside and score. For that to work, I need to push them up, so I changed mentality to attack. I picked more agressive defending TI, but kept the lower tempo and working ball into box instead of going gung ho. We will be creating chances from very near to opposition goal, so I think higher tempo and longshots would be counter productive, although perhaps can be used in certain matches when opposition packs the box. None of my roles is good at longshots, or has it as a primary attribute, so this should be better. We will still counter when opportunity presents itself. We wont rely on technicality that much, but rather on brute force, so this should work in LLM like a treat.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like as if different assistants setup different instructions. My guess is OI really depend on player knowledge, as you can't really setup same instructions against Ronaldo and some dweeb. The assistant can setup a very good or a very bad instruction and make a real difference in the match, so I suggest not using OI at all. Countering specific threats is perhaps a good approach, but then again, it always leaves you vulnerable somewhere else.

Anyway, tactic has been updated. Please redownload.

can u please make one 4-4-2 thats suits poor players? for teams in llm

Gotland

I´m testing with Portsmouth and i just can say, Freaking Amazing!!!! Igneos great Tactic man! I don´t put OI´s and i´m getting great results
View attachment 324311

I know that im just beginning but i think this save is going to be great!

what training works best with this tactic??

That´s completely up to you, for me is Fitness low first month of the league (Preseason is Tactical very high and just one week of fitness very high) then you can change it to Balanced/average if you have hard games ahead defensive or easy games attack but in season always in average and if you have a Fifa break that week any training very high. Individual training always as the role as they are playing in high!

Hope it works for you

Tactic has been revised and updated. I beleive it's much better now, and should work with the latest patch. Please redownload.

guys please HELP! how can I import the tac file in fm15??? it is impossible! can anyone help me?

tactic has again been revised and updated, I have written in OP what changes I made. Please redownload.