Status
Not open for further replies.

corbey08

Reaction score
I'd tried a few tactics with Werder Bremen and couldn't get much to work but finally found something which clicked. Most tactics I looked at showed great results with teams like City/United/Barca but not so much with an underdog. Initially the tactic worked well, but I was throwing away leads when the players got a little tired in the second half. To counter this I've made a second slightly tweaked tactic which I switch to if I'm winning at some point around the 60-70 minute mark. I also switch if my team is getting dominated early.

The main tactic looks like:

View attachment 62890

And the tactic for seeing the game out is:

View attachment 62883

A few important things:

There are no opposition instructions for either tactic. Don't let your assistant set them.

During pre-season put the main tactic in 2 of the slots and the seeing out the game tactic in the other. Play 7-10 friendlies and set the training to:

General training
Main Focus: Team Cohesion
Intensity Level: High

Scheduling
Rest day before match: No
Rest day after match: Yes
More match training (bar all the way over to the right)

Match preparation
Main Focus: Match tactics

A week before the first game change the training to:
General training
Main Focus: Fitness
Intensity Level: Average

Scheduling
Rest day before match: No
Rest day after match: Yes
Mixed match training (bar on ether of the middle option)

Match preparation
Main Focus: Attacking movement

Individual training for the positions the players play in the main tactic

Ideally you want left footed players for the right wing and left centre-back and right footed players for the left wing and right-centre back

For a red card remove the advance forward. You can mitigate that by changing a player instruction to ease of tackles when they are on a yellow and at half-time telling those players to avoid a second booking

Send any players in your squad who are not fluent in the language on an intensive language course

This probably goes without saying but put your captain as the player with the highest leadership. Then when players in the squad are unhappy for lack of football, being fined etc. you can ask the captain to speak to the player and they sort the problems out

Use the match shouts often and speak to the players about their form every month or so

This is my first tactic I've put on here so any tweaks/improvements/suggestions are welcome, let me know how you get on :)

Results so far - 3 of the draws were before I'd created the second tactic and were draws having been 1-0 [Wolfsburg], 2-0 [Stuttgart] and 3-0 [Koln] up:

View attachment 62880

View attachment 62882View attachment 62881

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.