4-4-2 Counter (Eibar 3rd Place First Season) (Diego Simeone Style Football)

RealLife

Reaction score
*IMPORTANT: BEFORE EVERY GAME, make sure that both of the strikers man-marks the oppositions two central midfielders. This makes your attackers work in defense in the lower part of the pitch. Its very similar to what we see in Diego Simeones Atletico Madrid.

For example if you play against a 4-4-2 formation then your RIGHT striker will man mark the LEFT central mid and your LEFT striker will man mark the RIGHT central mid.

Everything you need is in the pictures below!
View attachment 125171View attachment 125174View attachment 125173View attachment 125175View attachment 125172

Link to tactic: https://www.mediafire.com/?xvxp0oxoce3kgcm

Looks very impressive I will try this I guess the strikers need high work rate then

nice job glad to see the players who plays with small teams and have instant succes.

could you describe a bit more the types of players you look for in midfield and attack?

could you describe a bit more the types of players you look for in midfield and attack?
I would recommend central defenders that are tall, strong in the air and high positioning. Fullbacks should have good crosses and be technical. False nine should be fast and creative like griezmann and the complete forward should be a bit taller but still quick enough to run on through balls. In total the teams work rate is also important