nikos001

Reaction score
i want some tips for my defence line in 4-4-2 can someone help?

that is my tactics plz i want advice to be better in defence

my defence isnt good and i want some tips to be better

drop there mentality and creative freedom down afew notches

Like StueyRob said, put the mentality and creative freedom down. Personally I set mentality to fully defensive for the CBs and have no creative freedom for them either.

Some other things I noticed, the CBs are set to short passing. I hope that the keeper has his passing set to mixed at least, otherwise if the CBs get isolated by opposition forwards and midfielders then they are going to chip it around to each other and the keeper and potentially screw up in a very bad spot. Just make sure there is a way to get the ball forward if the CBs are getting put under pressure.

You also have closing down cranked up along with hard tackling and tight marking. What this means is that it will be easier to draw your CBs out of position (opponents set to Move into Channels for example), and your CBs are going to dive into tackles a lot of the time. Basically, if they miss a tackle or get dribbled around then there is going to be open space behind them.

Looking at this tactic I would guess that you are giving up goals on quick transitions from attack to defence. If you tone down the instructions for your CBs then that will make it less likely that they try a risky tackle without support or get pulled out of position badly on quick 1-2 passes. Your FBs are also pretty offensive and I doubt they are often in position to be able to cover a CB. If you can sort this out I reckon you could play with a higher line.

However, if you are giving up goals when your defence is properly set up then you'll need to look at other areas. - Are crosses hurting you? or inside runs? or through balls? or set pieces?

do you use tight marking and closing down at the same time ?? who got to have the tight marking more nd closing down more ??