Chocman

Reaction score
It seems like alot of people try all kinds of different formations, but I've gotten the best results with a 4-4-2. In my last season I had 32 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss. I also scored over 100 goals in the Premier League. I can't seem to get the pic of the tactic to work, but its not really needed. Its a typical 4-4-2 with forward arrows for both wingers and one of the CMs.

As for players the main thing I would recommend is speed, at every position. Another suggestion would be to put players at winger who can also play striker. Its not even a bad thing to put a pure striker at winger and then train them at winger. For strikers get speedy ones, not the taller target men types. The wingers don't cross the ball so its not needed to have tall guys.

I have a really talented team so I'm not saying this tactic will work for any team, I just know its worked like crazy for mine and scored me tons of goals.

working well!!

Using Man United first season, currently sitting 1st in league with 4 games to go, semi-final of champs league and final of fa cup aswell!
Record in all comps Played 54 Won 43 Drawn 7 Lost 4, Goals For 112 Goals Against 30.
Have tweaked it slightly, removed the playmaker and changed the set pieces.
All in all the best tactic I have used so far!! Thanx Chocman!!

I agree, I also use 4-4-2. Very reliable at home and away, with small and big clubs. With my style of play I always dominate, posession over 60 % and pass compl., after they get used, always 80 % or higher. Ratings never gets below 6, they always near 8, and have a matchwinner always rated 8.5 or above. What my secret is... As a manager I let the players decide there creativity freedom and how to pass, how to run, linked to my training schedules. Not less, not more, and with some classical tactic adjustments and a few tricks for slow players, like Cannavaro. He still have ratings, in my fourth season, 7 or above ya. He is intelligent, and I just motivate him to use his intelligents, not his speed or strengt (Arrow back, very simple ^^).

season finished!

Won Treble!! I know people will say "yeah but you using Man United, anyone can win with them!" but this is by far the best tactic i have used when it comes to consistency.

I've always had the best success with the 442 as well, i'll give this one a go, see how it goes.

Won Treble!! I know people will say "yeah but you using Man United, anyone can win with them!" but this is by far the best tactic i have used when it comes to consistency.
What OI did u use for Man Utd in THIS tactic?

I think the key to this tactic for me was setting the wingers to cross ball rarely. It seemed to me that when my wingers crossed the ball it would never result in a goal and I'd lose possession. Prior to this tactic I used a 4-2-3-1 formation which worked very well also, won me consecutive Premier League Titles in 2010 and 2011. The only reason I switched to this 4-4-2 was because Pato was availible on a free and I signed him. Then I had Torres and Pato and had to play a 2 striker system. It took me the 2012 season to work out the kinks on this tactic. I stil won the Premier League but it was close. Then in the 2013 and 2014 seasons I dominated using this. Especially in 2014, in all comps my record was 46 won, 6 drawn, 4 lost with 145 goals for and 45 goals against. I didn't in the treble though as I was inexplicably beaten by Middlesbrough in the FA Cup.

The key to it is really the wingers. I know most of my goals are scored when a winger dribbles the ball to the back boundry and then turns towards the 6 yard box with the ball and draws a defender. Once he draws a defender to him he then makes a pass to a striker for the finish. Do any of you guys who used my tactic notice alot of goals being scored in this same way?

Last edited:
Will give this a try with my Spurs team as have struggled to find a 4-4-2 that works consistently.

Any chance you could post your old 4-2-3-1 tactic as well?!

OI & Goals

buzzy92: I didnt use any OI in my game at all! Not sure wether or not Chocman does!

Chocman: Do get quite a few goals scored like that but near the end of the season (when I had removed the playmaker) Berbatov started getting quite a few goals from crosses from left back (Evra), two of the goals of his Champs League winning hat-trick (beat Liverpool 3-2) came from Evra crosses.

Drads: Definently worth a go mate, just make sure you stick with it! Do get the odd result that really annoys considering run of form etc, but is, in my opinion at least, a top quality tactic!

Safe to say I quite like this tactic already! I wouldn't normally comment after just a few games but I had made a dreadful start to the season as Q.P.R, no win in the first six. I then switched to this tactic on the Friday before a home game against Crystal Palace and although we played quite well, we got beat 2-0. Since then I have played three more, won 2-0 at home to Sheff Wed, won 3-2 away to Plymouth and then drawn 1-1 away to Blackpool where I got suckered by a 97th minute equaliser.

u no the bars with ure tactic like mentality and tempo and stuff like that does any one change that and if they do what the best way to do it

Well I just downloaded it from the top of the thread and havent changed nothing, it's already done for you.

it comes up with some microsoft error thing and i cant open it and directs you to a microsoft site

help, anyone tried this with spurs, just can;t get the right formation, just like real life really, any thoughts people ??????

I use my Opponents Instructions as follows:

I show all forwards and attacknig mids onto their weaker foot

I close down on all midfielders and centerbacks

The league finally seemed to catch up with this tactic last season, I went on a couple very poor runs or drawing tons of games. I made it through the season using a variant of tactics to try to hold off Arsenal, which I did by 1 pt in the final standings.

For this year I went back to 4-4-2 but changed my passing style to be more direct. Its worked pretty darn well, Im not scoring as many goals but Im conceding very, very little. This is because Im passnig it upfield really quickly, so when I do lose control of the ball its deeper on their side of the pitch, rather than in midfield.

Through 13 league games I am currently 12 won, 1 drawn, 0 loss with 24 goals scored and 4 goals allowed.