4-5-1 Creative, Attacking and Attractive.

tazerbager

Reaction score
i first developed this formation with burnley, i took over in the second season after they had been relegated and won the championship with 115 points, and only lost 2 games. After realising it was a good tactic i decided to take it further and with other saves i took stoke into the champions league within 3 seasons, and Birmingham to the premier league title within 4. So to the tactic!

Its a barcelona inspired tactic, back four, defensive mid, two centre midfielders, two wingers and a striker.

Goalkeeper - obviously just needs to be a good goalkeeper, but the tactic is not reliant on him.

Full backs - Need to be good players, aswell as good technical attributes they also need to be solid in defense.

Centreback Right - this is a key player, needs to be your "F*** Off" defender as i call them, just destroys everything, clears, blocks and injures!

Centreback Left - this is the more civilised defender, good pace and mental attributes, plays in a sweeper role and cleans up the remains left by the other cenreback.

Defensive Midfielder - quality is required here, not a complete destroyer but will need to be highly capable defensively. Also needs to be able to pick out a pass.

Centremidfield Right - box to box player, needs to be an all rounder really, tackles, assists, goals he needs to offer everything.

Centremidfield Left - advanced playmaker, not exactly a luxury player, but doesnt have to be as highly trained defensively as the box to box meidfielder. This player needs to create and score.

Wingers - this is where its up to you, i personall play a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left, but it works just aswell if you play players on their natural sides, just be sure to switch their roles to "wingers". These are the more luxury players and just need to think about attacking.

Striker
- the complete forward, Dzeko is perfect, also Jo from man city is a good buy, with the right striker you'll be banging in the goals.

The good thing about this tactic is that some players can be carried as long as the other positions are carried, so a rrubbish defence can be carried by a quality midfield and decent front line, and vice versa with all of them. Players will need to gel for this tactic to work, as its all about neat tidy football, GIVE IT TIME AND YOU BE DELIGHTED WITH THE RESULTS. PLEASE DONT COMPLAIN IF AFTER 5 GAMES YOU ARE NOT TOP OF THE LEAGUE WITH WIGAN..

Well done on making this tactic, might try it out.

A tip for you - about the wingers, playing the 'opposite sides' (right foot on left wing and vice-versa), if you use them as Inside Forwards they tend to cut in on their strongest foot. ^^)

Well done on making this tactic, might try it out.

A tip for you - about the wingers, playing the 'opposite sides' (right foot on left wing and vice-versa), if you use them as Inside Forwards they tend to cut in on their strongest foot. ^^)

yeahh i do, thats why i said if you want to play them on their natural sides switch their roles to wingers |)

Might try this out man, am using a 4-5-1 atm with my Villa side so ill c how this goes :)

Might try this out man, am using a 4-5-1 atm with my Villa side so ill c how this goes :)

And, is the tactic good for Villa? Im planing to play with them...

Would van Nistelrooy be good for a lone striker in this tactic?

And, is the tactic good for Villa? Im planing to play with them...

Would van Nistelrooy be good for a lone striker in this tactic?

well ashley young is a qulaity inside forward, and milner would be an good inside forward because he isnt totally all right footed, dunne and davies would be quality and im thinking reo-coker box to box, delph adcanced playmaker. Van Nistelrooy could work well, but his lack of pace might prove a problem.