cleggii

Reaction score
Right, this is my first post on FM base so sorry if it's in the wrong section..

Basically, I'd like your thoughts on ways I could improve my team, and general feedback

I'm playing as Man City in the 10/11 season

Here's my starting 11:

GK - Shay Given - Goalkeeper (Defend)

LB - Juan Manuel Vargas - Wing Back (Automatic)

LCB - Micah Richards - Limited Defender (Defend)

RCB - Kolo Toure - Limited Defender (Defend)

RB - Darijo Srna - Wing Back (Automatic)

CDM - Gareth Barry - Deep lying playmaker (Support)

LCM - Stephen Ireland - Central Midfielder (Attack)

RCM - Rafael Van Der Vaart - Central Midfielder (Attack)

LAM - Robinho - Inside forward (Attack)

RAM - James Milner - Inside forward (Attack)

ST - Carlos Tevez - Advanced forward (Attack)

Philosophy - Very fluid

Starting strategy - Attacking

Passing style - Default

Creative freedom - Default

Closing down - Default

Tackling - More Aggressive

Marking - Zonal Marking

Crossing - Drill Crosses

Roaming - Stick to position

Basically, I'm scoring a lot of goals, 3-4 a game, but conceding a lot too, I've tried changing the two wing backs for more defensive players but it doesn't seem to affect the defense, just limits the crosses coming in, also, I know Richards is out of position, but I don't want to drop Srna and I've sold Lescott.

Switch Vargas and Srna back to fullbacks on automatic and play the stopper/cover combo between your centre halves.

Also,play a strong central midfield to give more strength and stop more opposition attacks.

By strong midfield, do you mean attribute strong or just a strong player all round? cause barry ireland and van der vaart are my best midfielders at the mo

By strong midfield, do you mean attribute strong or just a strong player all round? cause barry ireland and van der vaart are my best midfielders at the mo

Attribute-wise.

Swap Van der Vaart for players like Moussa Sissoko and Jeremy Toulalan.

it's like a creator-destroyer combo.

change from very fluid to balanced. and man marking. also change Barry to anchor man are if you want a deep lying play maker, change your cm to a ball winner n like iNickStuff said get 1 of them type's of players

.........................................................................................

DMC - A position between defence & midfield. The role can alter but is mainly either a ball winning player who sits in front of your DCs breaking up attacks or a deep playmaker who picks up the ball off the defence and starts attacks.

MCd - A central midfielder with defensive orders which means his primary responsibility is to break up attacks winning the ball and playing easy passes to your more attacking players.

MCa - A central midfielder with attacking orders which can mean either a playmaker type who finds space and orchestrates attacks or a player who runs beyond the strikers getting into the box and having shots at goal.

AMC - A position between midfield and forwards. Starting from a more advanced position his role is similar to a MCa.

Last edited:
Your playing too attacking. Change some of the settings to support instead of attack.

You are playing a bit to attacking. change some players to support or bring in someone strong in midfield. I'm not sure but you could try playing milner as playmaker instead of inside forward