pala

Reaction score
Due to the recent issues Liverpool are dealing with at the moment, with the lack of the current striker's abilities at Liverpool's disposal, and lack of quality strikers overall (or at least realistic purchases) in world football, I decided Liverpool needed to turn an angle and create a new system. Last year Liverpool was playing with two strikers, one more than almost any team, this year my team is playing with 0 strikers, one less than any other team. 4-6-0 is mostly associated with a possession and link-up play but it did not work in this FM, and I had to re-invent the formation, making it a fast, organized, space-hungry, and effective football that create shiny CCC's and goals. My team's stats are saying it all.

I'll provide pictures and introduce the tactic a little, other than that due to studies I have little time to continue testing it / further improving it and creating a full guide for the tactic, but if it will be a hit I might do so.

The tactic is based on approaching a fast attack once the ball is won, moving it without creating a disaster in the attack and just shooting the ball away. The players have enough time to make the right call and this is an important option for an counter attacking team. Each player create space for the other.

I did not choose to pressure the opponents massively as it will destroy my defense shape and can expose me too much. It's a very attacking setup, and most of my players will be forward, waiting to catch a ball and start havoc.

A few key players: Your right winger should be as fast as possible, and your left as creative as possible. Right midfielder could be either an attacking midfielder with striker attributes, or trainer striker. Sturridge and Lamber are doing great there as you can see. Left midfielder can be any attacking midfielder.

I did not purchase anyone but a defender, training is left on balanced. Individual I would say the two wingers should be taught to aim in the corner of the net, and midfielders to go round the keeper.

Took me almost half a season to establish the tactic, but I made it.

View attachment 330353View attachment 330351View attachment 330350View attachment 330349View attachment 330348View attachment 330347

View attachment 330342

Last edited:
Honestly, i have yet to try differently as the tactic worked so wonders. Its all on default ( balanced and tactic).
OI is installed in the tactic.

Not now because im on my phone, but can be viewed in the tactic.

I'll give it a try with my lower league Skrill north squad

They are actualky crucial, ill check it out soon.

You'll need to update this tactic file. No longer in BETA, so this tactic file wont work.

yes it does, stop saying that

people don't understand how the files work

So the tactic file works?
Yes. You have to import it. Apparently you can have two different tactic files this year. The one that shows up, and the one you have to import. Confusing for sure.