[4-6-0] Won almost everything Athletic Bilbao

Reaction score
[Original post from ]Sports Interactive Community

Hello everybody.
[The first thing I want to say it's that I'm not guarantee you incredible results and I haven't test that tactic with another team.]

So, I'm playing with Athletic Bilbao since 3 seasons (in game..) and I'm having some great results with a 4-6-0 so I wanted to share it with you.
I won the Liga BBVA twice, won the Europa League, won the Champions League and actually leading the league and the CL's stage.
With that tactic I saw beautiful play, short and fast passing, possesion. But sometimes not.. What I wanted to say is that sometimes you'll not have possesion and will concede stupid goals.

OI: Close down and thight marking every player of the opposition.
Shouts: see the picture below
Against strong team ( for me it was Barcelona and Real Madrid ) : Play the original tactic until you score and then play with the "defensive" one. It just make the IF in Defensive Winger, the DLP become BWM with defend duty, put the AM on support duty and drop back the Wing back and put them defend duty. I have to admit that you may conceed goal but it'll be a Messi or Ronaldo goal. I mean run, dribbling all your defender and scores.
Needed players:
Gk: a good one..
CD: Good and fast defender with a good passing
WB: Good at defending and attacking!
DM: It's better if it's a DC retrained at DM with a good passing
DLP: Must be quite good in everything.
AP: Good passing, dribbling. A classy one. It's one of the player with the 2 IF and the AMC who will scores.
IF: Dribbling, finishing and passing.
AMC: This is YOUR Messi. He must have very good stat in Dribbling, pace and must have good stat in finishing. The player instruction let him run run run and scores and that's you need when you can't score other way.
Some pictures now.
tactic:
team instructions:
shouts:
hystory:
actual fixtures:
previous fixtures:

current league:
tactic against big team:

Download links:
Normal tactic 4-6-0 Athletic.tac
Against big team: 4-6-0 Athletic big team.tac

I'm actual testing some things, like playing a flat back 4. For teamtalks I use that one: http://www.guidetofootballmanager.co...day/team-talks

Tactic used with the lastest patch, tested only with Bilbao, and yes you can retrain your striker to amc.

Waiting for feedback! And Enjoy! (I'm french sorry if there's some english's mistakes.)

Looks like a very good tactic well done. There are a few English mistakes but don't worry everyone will understand what you have said. (Its History not Hystory, sorry that bugs me lol ;P)

Huge huge fan of strikerless formations that can score.. will try it with my United team and let you know how it gets on!

Seing that you use shouts despite them not effecting the team settings( width, d-line, tempo), it is to change the closing down and passing or do you untick your tweaked team settings before wanting to implement them ?

This is a very good tactic for patch 13.2.1. The team controls the match very well and actually doesn't perform many long shots (only about 30% of total shots). Goals come from cross as well as through ball.
This tactic is actually quite fit for Liverpool. Suarez is a monster in that Trequartista position (1 goal per match) as much as Sahin and Gerrard in the mid.
I got a terrific run with this tac and i will post result when season end (currently chasing in-form beast Man City)

Really really like the look of this, I dont have the quality yet to pull this off, and my squad is Striker heavy so would be a waste, but Ive downloaded it and will at some point find a way to use this.

I love this tactic. I will post some stuff later when I complete more games.

Hello! Sorry but I was in holiday without any computer so..
I've almost finish the season but I have quite weird result like winning 2-0 against Barcelona and then drawing 1-1 against a small team. At that point, I have won every title. Just the CL final to go against Arsenal who just beat Barcelona 6-0 and 2-1 in semi final so kind of affraid. Screenshot in a few hours. By the way, post screenshot of your results so people can see what the tactic really worth. Thanks for all the good feedback and again, sorry for the late answer.

Hello! Sorry but I was in holiday without any computer so..
I've almost finish the season but I have quite weird result like winning 2-0 against Barcelona and then drawing 1-1 against a small team. At that point, I have won every title. Just the CL final to go against Arsenal who just beat Barcelona 6-0 and 2-1 in semi final so kind of affraid. Screenshot in a few hours. By the way, post screenshot of your results so people can see what the tactic really worth. Thanks for all the good feedback and again, sorry for the late answer.
I have same problem with small team too. I can win 5-0 against Man City then draw or even lose terribly against teams like Sunderland or Bolton, even with the big team tactic as starting. Also things can be ugly when you up against team with high aggression, work rate and strength in mid like Spurs or even Swansea.
But your tactic is surely my favorite tactic in FM13.

Ive tried this tactic twice now, and both times it started off amazingly well. Got me real excited...

...then failed miserably.

The SS I posted earlier from defending free kicks, well those are starting to become goals now, 1 guy plays them all on and they score, Im not sure why the tactic chooses to defend free kicks like that.

I started this season 4-0, 4-1, 4-1 and went on a run of games that saw me top until I went to Old Trafford and got smashed 6-2. From there I have only won 3 games, I have drawn 3 and lost 6, including embarrassing home hammerings.

View attachment 297969

Its a shame because I really really wanted to build a team based on this kind of formation.

I have same problem with small team too. I can win 5-0 against Man City then draw or even lose terribly against teams like Sunderland or Bolton, even with the big team tactic as starting. Also things can be ugly when you up against team with high aggression, work rate and strength in mid like Spurs or even Swansea.
But your tactic is surely my favorite tactic in FM13.
I thinks it's a motivation problem but don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Ive tried this tactic twice now, and both times it started off amazingly well. Got me real excited...
...then failed miserably.
The SS I posted earlier from defending free kicks, well those are starting to become goals now, 1 guy plays them all on and they score, Im not sure why the tactic chooses to defend free kicks like that.

I started this season 4-0, 4-1, 4-1 and went on a run of games that saw me top until I went to Old Trafford and got smashed 6-2. From there I have only won 3 games, I have drawn 3 and lost 6, including embarrassing home hammerings.
View attachment 297969
Its a shame because I really really wanted to build a team based on this kind of formation.

Maybe your players were too confident? And now their morale is low because you loose some games. I don't know. When you lost, how do you concede goals? And do you dominate the game or not? (possesion, ccc)
Concerning the free kicks issue I'm going to change that because it happens to me on my last game.

I can't make screenshot anymore, I have change my computer screen and now I can just play FM in full screen and when I want to male screenshot it take a picture of what I have in background, not in FM. Can someone help?
Otherwise, I have finish the season. Won every title. I beat Arsenal 3-1 in CL's Final. It was a quite great game. We were loosing 0-1 in first half and my player woke up in 2nd and score 3 goals.

At first when I lost it was after dominating the game and having 20+ shots, so I was not worried, but now I am losing at home to weak teams and only having 5-6 shots total.

I am now switching between 2 tactics to try and stay in the race for top 4, but I am also getting mixed results with my other fixture.

Wellington Nem is now back fit(he was missing for 3 months) and results have improved.