tomfmlfc

Reaction score
Unerbittlichen Angriff 4-2-3-1

Sorry about the new thread, it was easier if I just started a fresh.

The tactic is based on the same concept of Jurgen Klopp's Gegen pressing, I am however going about the philosophy differently. My ideology is to have two packs of players, the wolf pack, this will consist of the 4 forwards and the 2 central midfielders, it will be there job to press relentlessly and obtain possession, this pack will also be the teams main attacking outlet, the second pack is what I call the alpha-male, they do not have the authority to press as freely as the wolf pack do, their primary job is to defend and to recycle possession further up the pitch, in order to allow the wolf back the freedom they need.

The formation

View attachment 377695

General and match training

During pre-season have general training on tactics/very high, once season starts put it on balanced/average.

Match training put it on defensive positioning

Individual training

For this I don't do much at all, I just train them in the positions I want them to be trained in, so for example I'll train my right back in the right back "role", if my right back is lacking on a specific attribute I'll also train him in the respective attribute.

Tips (that you can try if you want)

I am going to discuss with you some of the possible changes am going to make to the team instruction(s) in further patches of the tactic, which may improve the tactic.

I've been looking at removing "hassle opponents" and adding "stand of opponents" instead, I believe this may give the tactic better defensive solidarity, I am worried however that it will destroy the concept of the tactic of pressing.

I've been thinking of adding "play out of defence" and "work ball into box" as I think it will stop the team wasting possession as often as they do, but similarly to the above, am worried it will lower the amount of chances per game.

Last but not least, I've been looking at changing the two wingers into Inside forwards, mainly due to the fact that the AF and AP create a ton of space, and I believe IF's would exploit it more appropriately

View attachment 377694

P.s I will add a player filter list soon.

this tactic is incredible, the amount of goals and assists the AP gets is unreal. Very solid defensively and scores plenty of goals & works away and v big teams effectively as it does at home and v weaker teams. Good job bro!!
Although i know 1st hand a tactic can be miraculous for a few months or 1 season and fade so i ll reserve my final judgement till 2nd season but so far so good. lol

If you just changed one wing to inside forward and the other wing stays as a winger, then you have two different forms of attacking on the wings.

Hi tomfmlfc,
i'm trying your tactic and it's going good. I'm gonna try a little bit and then say my full opinion.

Good work so far.

this tactic is incredible, the amount of goals and assists the AP gets is unreal. Very solid defensively and scores plenty of goals & works away and v big teams effectively as it does at home and v weaker teams. Good job bro!!
Although i know 1st hand a tactic can be miraculous for a few months or 1 season and fade so i ll reserve my final judgement till 2nd season but so far so good. lol

Glad you're enjoying it, be sure to report back.