Darjan88

Reaction score

This tactic is for 15.1.3 but should work in any FM version because it's not created by random tweaking and using some engine weaknesses, it's based on football philosophy

View attachment 302827

Main ideas of tactic:

Players movement on the pitch is nothing like you can see on tactic board. Formation is just a starting position. My goal is to have a solid unit in the middle for support and defense while full backs and inside forwards moving around them, providing width and get into box in final phase to act like strikers. In defense, marking tightly everyone and closing just wide players and attacking midfielders but keep solid structure with central defenders and defensive midfielder behind. Or more aggressive version with closing down every player with a ball.

Added version with Controled Defense. Descriptions in text below.

Now about player roles and instructions

Let's start with Goalkeeper (Defend). He is instructed to play it safely with fewer risky passes and distribute to full backs. Central defenders (Defend) staying behind defensive midfielder all the time except set pieces. Than full backs take theirs place. Instructions are tackle harder because of general kind of high aggressive team defense and closing down less. They have to stay in solid defensive formation with Defensive midfielder (Support) who hold position in front of them most of the time but still going higher up to support more attacking oriented players but pass it shorter and dribble less to avoid unnecessary mistakes. Central midfielders with a prime duty to (Support) but with defensive triangle behind them is created freedom to roam from position, move into channels and get further forward in order to be active in transition and attack in all situations. These two guys still have restrictions to shoot less often and dribble less. In defense they take huge part and need to close down more, tackle harder and mark tighter just like Full Back. With (Attack) duty they have most demanding and important role in this tactic. Must be present everywhere from own goal line to opponents one while staying wider. Coming from behind to give width in transition, run wide with or without ball and than overlaping to cross from byline or combine with Central Midfielders/Inside Forwards (Attack). Those two on the wings are most offensive players in the squad. Mostly staying higher up the pitch even when opponents have the ball but that is balanced with closing down much more. In matches against strongest teams they are assigned to specifically mark tighter full backs or lonely wide midfielders and wing backs. In attack they are main power for counter attacks. In normal play are instructed to roam from position, generally sit narrower and when central midfielders arrives higher up to, cut inside without ball into box and staying there to act like strikers. Last but not least, Complete Forward with (Support) duty and instruction to hold position and move into channels which means he moves often like playmaker to fill a gap between opposition goal, central midfielders and inside forwards. In defense closing down much more

To help you understand my idea of players movements in my tactic click on this

GIF

View attachment 302781

View attachment 302800
View attachment 302799
View attachment 302798
View attachment 302797
View attachment 302790
View attachment 302789
View attachment 302783

Controled Defence Tweak

I made changes in defense to opposite aggressive style by more control in D-Line. Now last four and DM play more contain game.
Full backs instead of closing down more now closing down less. Still marking tighter and tackling harder. Central defenders still closing down less but now marking tighter instead of tackle harder. Nothing changed for Defensive Midfielder, Inside Forwards and Complete Forward. Central Midfielders now closing down much more instead closing down more.

Set Pieces

There is no exploiting engine bugs. So put your best corner kick takers to cross but it is projected for inside forwards to do that. You will score a lot of goals from corners but with headers. If you have strong header as a striker even better. I try tactic with Barcelona and score almost every match with Messi and Munir as strikers.

Messi goal from CK
Munir & Pique flick on goal from CK

Team Instruction

Overlap, exploiting the flanks and play wider is already explained. Tight marking and preventing GK distribution
is for aggressive defense. I always want to play possession football so play out of defense, work ball into box, retain possession and shorter passing are logical options. Much higher tempo doesn't conflict with that, it's not more direct play or going route one, just moving ball around much quicker. I didn't set through ball to reduce passing mistakes but that doesn't mean that players will not pass into space, they will but less often. Higher or much higher D line is must because of supportive and attacking players in front and on flanks. Otherwise we leaves too much space between them and that's not good for our pressing neither to positioning. Team shape is fluid and can't work otherwise. Mentality is most of the time control but against defensive tactics and formations can be played as Attacking without concerns. I don't like to risk with offside traps.

View attachment 302779

View attachment 302588

Training

Nothing special. In pre season generally I like to train fitness until players get fit, one or two weeks. Than switch to tactic, both on average. During season match preparation on Attacking movement, on tough away matches (by that I mean Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool also Swansea and Everton because of their tactics) set to Defensive positioning

Team Talk

I could write a tons of my observations about talks but t
his is individual and general thing so I will not do that here. But I will tell a few words.
  • Avoid all kind of conflicts with other managers or players. Only thing thing you can achive with that is to motivate them and that bounce back in matches
  • Aggressive approach at half time when losing, draw or even leading by one goal when playing not so good is great way to motivate players
  • Assertive shows as a wrong one at half time if your team leading. Most of a time they get complacent or uninterested. I use it only before and after match. Passionate or calm shows as most effective to me.

Only one finished season with this tactic for now with Newcastle

View attachment 302903View attachment 302902View attachment 302900View attachment 302801

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:
Amazing! Finally a tactic that confirmed by my tactical choices with an amazing op. I will test this quickly and post results.

Looks solid will give it go with Rangers

Added version with Controled Defense

Have anyone try? I woluld really like to know how works for you

I'll start a game now with the Spurs, i'll post some ss tomorrow :)

Why did u came up witth the Controlled Defence

D line sometimes get out of shape with full backs closing down wide midfielders higher up the pitch and leave too much space behind for opponents overlaping backs. That is the reason why inside forwards should mark tighter full backs and wingers.

But that version with more contain D line didn't work quite well. SI need to add option with OI for every single player so we can organize defense more precise. For example, I don't want from full backs to close down central and attacking midfielders, just to take care of wide players. But against narrower formations, let's say 4-3-2-1 with 3 CM, I would allow them to close down central and attacking midfielder closest to their flank.

To summarise, I personally need more specific instruction for players to create tactic I have in mind. This is not exactly what I want, yet. And players in FM does not act completely like they should by instructions and roles.

i can't download ;/ ...

I think link is fine. Changed once yesterday.

Last edited:
what OI's should i use? the one on the OP or the attached? i'm trying your tatic with some tweaks, with one BWM on MCc and one DLP on MCl and ADP on MCr, changed the AMR to raumdeuter

Try both OI. I usually used first one when play against wide formations and second against narrower.

Raumdeuter can be excellent option if you play with DM.

I played also with BWM(S) in first half a season but in DM position. Can work quite well when he is doing good job up the pitch but can create many problems in counter attacks, he leaves much space behind which means central defenders needs to step up and that can totally ruin defense because full backs are offensive. Defensive midfielder provides more stable defense and still can support attack. Maybe to try MC(D).

DLP is ok. Don't know about ADP, he can make difference in attack but same as BWM can be very unpleasant. My idea is to attack wide while remain solid in the middle to prevent counter attacks with DC and DM while CM's can support and attack too.

CANT DOWNLOAD. MY ESET DOESNT ALLOW!!!
Put it on mediafire

This a great tactic. I use a roaming playmaker and centre mid attacking in from of the DM and my shots and shots on target per game has massively increased. I'm thrashing teams 5 or 6-0. With little Fulham no less.