Sweeedz

Reaction score
Im using this formation right now View attachment 283814
I wanted to use Reus as an IF and still get the best out of Blaszskowski, but Im not scoring any goals with +60% and over 20 shots a game, Im not creating any CCC. Is there any tactic that effective but still can get the best out of players? Ive looked for a tactic specificly created for Dortmund but I havent found any. Any help would be appriciated.

How would it work to only set one winger as IF? And keep the other one as a winger? Would it unbalance the formation to set the DLP to a AP?

Im using this formation right now View attachment 283814
I wanted to use Reus as an IF and still get the best out of Blaszskowski, but Im not scoring any goals with +60% and over 20 shots a game, Im not creating any CCC. Is there any tactic that effective but still can get the best out of players? Ive looked for a tactic specificly created for Dortmund but I havent found any. Any help would be appriciated.

Not only are you playing attacking, but you have 4 players attacking the same spot, I'm guessing you are creating lots of not very good chances?

I need some lunch so i havent for time to explain why the roles are such but.

Fluid
Control
Shorter passing
Pressing
Zonal marking

make sure there is no playmaker, and that counter is ticked

standard GK

LD full back auto

one CB central defender
one ball playing defender (hummels only)
(can use defend roles, or a stopper /cover partnership, witt the BPD on cover)

RD wing back auto

CMs one bwm defend, one dlp support.

Attacking band AMC - ap support with roaming, one flank inside forward attack (reus), the other winger support

Make sure you put the DLP on the same side as the inside forward

Lewandowski - Advanced forward

Last edited:
How would it work to only set one winger as IF? And keep the other one as a winger? Would it unbalance the formation to set the DLP to a AP?

that would be fine as well mate ;)

I have done it before, I had Nani as the IF with settings above and Valencia as my old fashioned winger, it works nicely, adds a nice little dimension to your attacking options..

especially if your opp LB is weak, having an out and out winger running at him constantly

and if your opp RB is quite offensive, the AML will tear him apart as well

Heres the Team instructions View attachment 283817

if all the player roles are set to default I would:

play two ball winners on support or defend behind Gotze setting a good platform for your attacking players going forward! you can set Gundogans freedom to just about high and through balls set to often with direct passing

Gotze needs to play as AM - Attack

both fullbacks set to support, but with no long shots and deep crossing often with loose zonal marking

play Subtoic as a stopper to help break up attacking movements in your half with Hummels on cover to sweep up, but your CM's should provide decent cover for this :)

I would play Perisic and Reus as IF's - attack or support but with tight marking and high closing down to assist the FB on defence

Float the crosses in for Robert and set all the wingers and fb's crossing aim to FAR POST!

normal defensive line works the best as you do not want to push to far forward and get hit on the counter...

play normal width and normal tempo (both just below wide & quick)

I would also look at playing DEFENSIVE with high freedom (I find this works really nicely for me) not even high freedom but just defensive.. helps balance out attacking and defending and with players like Rob, Reus, Gotze, Gundogan, Perisic you should create chances...

or do what Mike suggested and leave all as default so when you change your mentality and strategy it wont affect much.. time wasting MUST BE LEFT unticked....

if all the player roles are set to default I would:

play two ball winners on support or defend behind Gotze setting a good platform for your attacking players going forward! you can set Gundogans freedom to just about high and through balls set to often with direct passing

Gotze needs to play as AM - Attack

both fullbacks set to support, but with no long shots and deep crossing often with loose zonal marking

play Subtoic as a stopper to help break up attacking movements in your half with Hummels on cover to sweep up, but your CM's should provide decent cover for this :)

I would play Perisic and Reus as IF's - attack or support but with tight marking and high closing down to assist the FB on defence

Float the crosses in for Robert and set all the wingers and fb's crossing aim to FAR POST!

normal defensive line works the best as you do not want to push to far forward and get hit on the counter...

play normal width and normal tempo (both just below wide & quick)

I would also look at playing DEFENSIVE with high freedom (I find this works really nicely for me) not even high freedom but just defensive.. helps balance out attacking and defending and with players like Rob, Reus, Gotze, Gundogan, Perisic you should create chances...

or do what Mike suggested and leave all as default so when you change your mentality and strategy it wont affect much.. time wasting MUST BE LEFT unticked....

ball winners have short range passing, prevents any raking balls on the counter. A solid dlp will prove enough cover and also a counter attacking threat

ball winners have short range passing, prevents any raking balls on the counter. A solid dlp will prove enough cover and also a counter attacking threat

thats the point Mike, they have Gotze just ahead of them and the FB's pushing up as well as the wingers cutting in just ahead of them..
Gundogan needs that type of setting though, DLP is perfect, DLP - defend and BWM - Support is my favourite combo, see my tactic..

Just realised I wrote AP support, I'd use attack for Gotze, allow him to run and take a man out with his dripping, before releasing the killer pass

thats the point Mike, they have Gotze just ahead of them and the FB's pushing up as well as the wingers cutting in just ahead of them..
Gundogan needs that type of setting though, DLP is perfect, DLP - defend and BWM - Support is my favourite combo, see my tactic..
But that negates another point of attack. And if he is trying to re create dortmund, he certainly needs a DLP support, Dortmund are dangerous because of their multiple attack paths, they can control and create using the front 4, or break from deep using pace and raking DLP passes. Unless you are being extremely destructive in your play, which wont happen often for dortmund, you dont need two BWM's

But that negates another point of attack. And if he is trying to re create dortmund, he certainly needs a DLP support, Dortmund are dangerous because of their multiple attack paths, they can control and create using the front 4, or break from deep using pace and raking DLP passes. Unless you are being extremely destructive in your play, which wont happen often for dortmund, you dont need two BWM's

no you dont but to be safe on the ME at the moment it is a good idea, having two players working simultaneously trying to win the ball back!

I do always suggest a DLP no doubt, Gundogan is perfect for that.. as I said, that is also a great option

and the reason why I suggested exactly this little setting:

set Gundogans freedom to just about high and through balls set to often with direct passing

was for exactly the purpose of using him as another form of attack as well as my other form of defence...

and the reason why I suggested exactly this little setting:

set Gundogans freedom to just about high and through balls set to often with direct passing

was for exactly the purpose of using him as another form of attack as well as my other form of defence...

Isn't that a DLP-Defend?

yes, but with different closing down settings and mentality

Seems unnecessary. Using Gundogan as a BWM with three tweaked settings instead of using him as a DLP with two tweaked settings just means your shouts will be less effective, surely?

Seems unnecessary. Using Gundogan as a BWM with three tweaked settings instead of using him as a DLP with two tweaked settings just means your shouts will be less effective, surely?

I fully agree, it was just ANOTHER approach I was trying to suggest..

he still has Bender I am sure..

I fully agree, it was just ANOTHER approach I was trying to suggest..

he still has Bender I am sure..

Ah fair.

Was just doing the rounds, you know, helping out all you less tactically astute plebs. ;) Carry on gents.

Yea I tried as Mike suggested, no CCC and and Hummels stood by while Schurlle ran past him and still got 7.8 rating :/