alexrayner

Reaction score
I have noticed that in fm 16, you need to have at least two different tactics in order to succeed. After trying I have managed to create tow 4231 tactics for home and away games that I have used in my united save to great success so far.
Here are the two tactics with their instructions and my regular starting 11.

View attachment 211994 View attachment 211989 View attachment 211986

View attachment 211988 View attachment 211987

This tactics are not possession based tactics (Not a big fan of possession football). I wanted to create something similar to jupp heynckes 2013 Bayern formation which created a lot of scoring chances but also to make my team solid defensively.

So far here are the results of this tactics
View attachment 211979 View attachment 211978 View attachment 211975

As you can see I have scored a considerable amount of goals while not conceding much. The one game i conceded twice was the Wolfsburg game where tow two of their goals came from corners which I fixed in the corner setup because since then i have not conceded from corners. I create about 4 - 7 clear cut chances per mach and could be scoring more but martial converts 1/3 clear cut chances which is still better than Rooney's or Wilson's conversion ratio. I noticed in this FM CF is the best strike role for me, in FM15 it was F9 and AF, in FM14 it was Trequesta and Poacher.

Here are martial stats
View attachment 211967 View attachment 211963
As you can see see he is doing quite well for me despite missing 2 - 3 clear cut chances per match his speed has really helped me as most of his goals are through through balls behind the defenders and fast counterattacks. Most of my teams shots are on target as they take high percentage shots except for depay who counties to blast the ball from ridiculous angles and distances. Defensively I don't get that many cards either only the over aggressive rojo and a moment of madness by schnerdilin against tottenham ( which i still won 3 - 1 despite being 0 - 0 when schnederlin was sent of)

Some Team Stats
View attachment 211961 View attachment 211960 View attachment 211959 View attachment 211936
And analysis of my shots and goals

View attachment 211956 View attachment 211955 View attachment 211954 View attachment 211953

And some results against Barca ( It took a wonder goal from Ineasta to break my resistance, as i frustrated Messi, Suarez and Neymar), Liverpool , City (Sam Johnstone was my keeper as De Gea picked up a neck injury) and tottenham (with 10 men)
View attachment 211949 View attachment 211947 View attachment 211946 View attachment 211945

For match training i use
View attachment 211944
For Opposition instruction I let Giggs do that.

Importance Tip: if your trying to protect a lead you should make your team play narrower and use the tighten up touchline team talk.

For my team talks, I mostly used aggressively expect a win for all matches since FM14. I let my assistant do the match conferences.

Hope this helps you guys

Testing the tactics with PSG now, will get back to you how it goes :)

Good luck, I hope you get good results.

PS: If your conceding to many goals from corners you should make all your defenders man mark, that seems to be better.

Gonna test with a bigger club for you, the mighty Fulham Football Club!!!

COYW!!

Gonna test with a bigger club for you, the mighty Fulham Football Club!!!

COYW!!

Goodluck. You should try the the play wider instruction if you want to score more goals with the attacking tactic although you will concede a bit more goals too.

Tactic worked for me especially the def once I tweaked it to retain possession more.
I am Luton Town BTW. It did take a good 10 games to get settled into the tactic though

Best tactic I've used so far away from home, worst tactic I've used at home... Lost 4-1 at home to Everton, 5-1 at home to Sunderland and concede SO many chances every home game. Away tactic however is very good.

Best tactic I've used so far away from home, worst tactic I've used at home... Lost 4-1 at home to Everton, 5-1 at home to Sunderland and concede SO many chances every home game. Away tactic however is very good.

Yeah I'm trying to create a more solid home tactic, the current one concedes too many goals.