4231, Unbeaten in 23 league games

mazuma

Reaction score
My tactic is working pretty good so far, so i thought i would share it. It is a basic 4231, most of my players enjoy the teams style of play and out of 23 league games i have won 19 and drawn 4, all away games. Defense seems stable as well. I usually dont get a lot of shots, but i do get good chances and a lot of goals.

I dont chance my instructions according to my backroom advice obviously as they want me to change everything every game, but i do usually not play out of defence in away games and generally change a few things here and there mid-game if its not going too good.

I've tried this with my villa team and **** is it effective

i will upload the tactic once i finish the season, but i have no player instructions so it is easily recreated with the player roles and team instructions. i am now 28 games in, 24 won and 4 drawn. i think this tactic might somehow exploit a bug or something, as i seem to win most games quite easily. I have lost a capitol one cup game against watford where i only played youngsters, and a group stage game away against psg 3-0, but it is working very well so far.

Wow, this tactic is crazy offensive. Only the CBs and GK on defend...? Do you have trouble against big teams especially away from home? Like Chelsea with their pacy wingers? Don't your fullbacks EVER get caught out?

Yeah its true, it seems too offensive, i used to have the dlp on defend and the backs were wing backs, as wing backs they left a lot of gaps, as full backs they are among my best performers if you look at average rating. of course gibbs and bellerin are very fast, but chambers performs very good there as well.
I still change de dlp to defend for difficult away games, but he performs a lot better on support, and i find that a bwm should always be on support as he is rather ineffective on defend for me.. because of the high defensive line and fast players i guess there is not a lot of room for the opposition, but i do have 25 goals against in 28 league games which is not great. But i am reluctant to change my full backs to support as they are performing very well and my results have been surprisingly good. Also, while i have conceded 25, i have scored 90 in the league
I have beaten chelsea 4-1 in the community shield and played 1-1 away in de prem, but that was with a defensive dlp, i have played 0-0 away to man utd and won 2-1 at home, also won 3-2 at home to man city and 3-2 away at liverpool. so while i have won most of the important games, i might make it a bit less offensive for games against good opponents. I did get beaten 3-0 away to psg, but i won 6-1 to them at home, in the group stage.

i dont use oi's, against good teams i let my assistent do them

To concede less : Try to put your wingers, striker and AMC to close down more and hard tackle. This can create more errors in the other team so they will loose the ball earlier. and less chances to build a proper play.

You cant do that anymore on fm16, for the attacking four players i can only chose closing down much less, less or sometimes in player instructions. I do have close down more in the team instructions already, and i will put them on hard tackling, see how that goes

I'm using this tactic to CP with non player instructions.Only thing i do is tackle harder to my forward players so it helps to my offansive backs to defend. I'm going pretty good so far. 5th place first half of the season with low budged transfers. I'm looking forward to your training,player instructions,opposition instructions.

i will upload the tactic once i finish the season, but i have no player instructions so it is easily recreated with the player roles and team instructions. i am now 28 games in, 24 won and 4 drawn. i think this tactic might somehow exploit a bug or something, as i seem to win most games quite easily. I have lost a capitol one cup game against watford where i only played youngsters, and a group stage game away against psg 3-0, but it is working very well so far.

Do you have any updates on your progress? Can you also tell about the players that you bought and if you have any specific reasons why you bought them. I'm still in my pre-season with Arsenal but play a more defensive game but will combine with your attacking style to try and find a good balance.

Do you have any updates on your progress? Can you also tell about the players that you bought and if you have any specific reasons why you bought them. I'm still in my pre-season with Arsenal but play a more defensive game but will combine with your attacking style to try and find a good balance.

This tactic doesn't work anymore, after the RC1 update it is leaking goals, i am now playing this one: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...3-wide-attacking-15-league-games-won-row.html

Players i have bought have been mainly to replace those that i believe lack quality for the team i want to built, Mertesacker is way too slow for me and he always gets sold, along with arteta, flamini and giroud.

Then I usually buy Zouma because i love a defender with 18 acceleration and 18 strength (20 mil up front 20 mil after 50 games), I also always buy Aboubakar, because he is fantastic, bought him in two different games (BETA and full game), he beat henry's record of 39 goals in a season both times in the first season (15 mil up front, 12.5 mil after 50 games). Then i try to buy some 18-20 year olds with good potential to be rotation players. I like to buy bazoer because i'm dutch and he looks quality and very versatile, i bought cubas for a couple mil, i approached to sign abdou lahat diakhate and reece oxford. and then i bought alex grimaldo too, though jorge would probably be better, but they wouldnt sell him.

any new formation tactics team instruction tips tricks changes?

any new formation tactics team instruction tips tricks changes? i have saved a home and away version of your tactic where on the away like you said change the DLP to defend and do not play out of defense and FBs on support instead of attack, where as at home FBs are on attack, do play out of defence and DLP on support. Im thinking about switching the FBs to support on the HOME version as well to see if the defence holds up better and still get the same amount of goals on offence.

Thank you,
Nick

PS sent you a friend request on steam as well my steam name is VeniceFC(and i think i have an alias as manutdfan maybe)
PS there are like 9 mazuma different guys on steam

Still cannot win

I am at the end of December in the 2018/2019 season with Liverpool and our home record is superb - won every game apart from one, which we drew.
However, the reason I am only sitting fifth in the table is because our away record is absolutely abysmal. We have failed to win an away game in the league, and have lost to teams such as relegation-threatened Bournemouth, bottom-placed Villa, Crystal Palace and one or two bigger clubs. All the others have ended as draws. Since I've started using the linked tactic, we have conceded three against Hull, lost 2-0 to Palace, failed to beat Mlada Boleslav (a Czech team I had in my Europa League group), and in general, looked much less threatening than playing at home, where I have had results such as:
- 5-1 vs Watford on the opening day
- 5-0 vs Arsenal
- 4-0, 5-0 and 4-1 wins in the Europa League
- 4-0 vs Man City
- 6-0 vs Sheff Wed
- 5-2 vs Leicester
- 4-0 vs Stoke
I am really struggling to understand why our home and away records differ so much. Obviously I know that I can't use the same tactic for away games as we play a very attacking brand of football, with CWB-A on either side of defence, two attacking CMs, and two attacking IFs on either side, and of course playing away there is always the chance of getting caught on the break, despite having Jordan Henderson helping our defence playing as a half-back, we still manage to concede even when we have three men back.
With the linked tactic, we only have two men back and I fail to see how this can help us keep goals out. Furthermore, with the standard mentality, we are much less threatening when in possession, and it is frustrating to concede late goals having never really threatened the other team's goal in 1-0 defeats. Anyone who has any suggestions, please reply.