I started a save just to scout players to make a shortlist of who I wanna buy after the game came out, so I ignored friendlies and training = players lacking match sharpness. Just playing around to try random tactics. Got 3 consecutive draws and 2 losses. Then I tried your tactic in the next 2 games and I won lol With this Liverpool save that has a lot of injuries, and the fact that I changed tactic every match, it says a lot about how great your tactic is.

One question though - The game against West Brom ended 3-2, with 2 of their goals came from through passes, I had to drop the defensive line to slightly deeper and time wasting to hold out the win. If the opponent exploit the defensive line, does making the defensive line deeper has any effect on the tactic?

I think it does, because no midfielders are on a defensive duty you need that high defensive line to avoid a big gap being there. When i need to hold on to a lead i just put the mentality on contain and tell them to be more disciplined, you might also in that cause want to switch the dlp to defensive. It might work though to make the defensive line deeper, i have never tried it. If you try it let me know whether it works!

I concede alot of goals with kos and Zouma in defense. And atleast 50% of my goals comes from the short corner.

Tactic looks great! I am testing it with Grimsby Town in the Vanarama Conference! One question though..defending corners from the right there only seems to be 10 players on the screen when viewing the tactics screen!? And also defending from the left there are 3 players staying forward including the deep lying playmaker, is this supposed to happen?

Last edited:
I concede alot of goals with kos and Zouma in defense. And atleast 50% of my goals comes from the short corner.

yeah that's true, it concedes too much still, but i still win most games. also by the start of season 2 zouma is a lot better, really good. I also conceded by far the most goals from assists from the right wing, definitely need another left back then gibbs, unfortunately my fans wont be happy if i sell him as after the first season for some reason gibbs, ramsey and walcott were listed as club legends.. kind of ridiculous. and 50% seems like an awful lot. i scored 22 corners from 115 goals. still 93 non-corner goals

Tactic looks great! I am testing it with Grimsby Town in the Vanarama Conference! One question though..defending corners from the right there only seems to be 10 players on the screen when viewing the tactics screen!? And also defending from the left there are 3 players staying forward including the deep lying playmaker, is this supposed to happen?

10 players? can you post a screen? and there are 2 players supposed to be forward and one outside the box. i dont concede a lot of corners and get quite some counters from that. but it is supposed to be a striker and a pacey winger forward and the CAM on the edge of the box

yeah that's true, it concedes too much still, but i still win most games.
I thought I was doing something wrong (esp since my CD is not really fast like Zouma) but that explained it. I scored the most and conceded the most in the league lol Though not anymore. I think making match preparation to defensive positioning may have something to do with that, though it only helps for a short while.

Useful tactic I have noticed the corner exploit bug what ever you want to call personally I have always preferred short corners anyway utilising my fast paced players, so this doesn't bother me as much the corner/set piece creator tool is there for a reason, questionable defensively I am man utd, although I wouldn't consider my strongest back 4 to be totally amazing Bernat Romgnalli smalling carvjal, (dont judge bernat is my signing rest of the squad i inherited), so yea I did get trounced by real madrid 4-0 thanks to Ronaldo -_- but it overall I give it 8/10 very good tactic.

My results with this tactic is not even close to your results! i loose just about all away games and i play as Man United!

My results with this tactic is not even close to your results! i loose just about all away games and i play as Man United!

That is odd, United's squad is perfect for this tactic. i play an inside forward attack and advanced playmaker attack because ozil and sanchez are my best players. With mata central and depay on the left, they should perform very well, schneiderlin and schweinsteiger are perfect for the central midfield as well. how many games have you played with this tactic?

I tweaked the tactic a little bit, and it seems a lot more stable defensively.

10 players? can you post a screen? and there are 2 players supposed to be forward and one outside the box. i dont concede a lot of corners and get quite some counters from that. but it is supposed to be a striker and a pacey winger forward and the CAM on the edge of the box

The print screen that you have posted only has 10 players including the goal keeper also haha

update on using this tactic against top teams and away nights in Europe I have altered the formation

Tactic is on and off at times but when it goes well it is really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of defensive alterations / changes should I make to protect a lead with this tactic?