CodeX

Reaction score
Hi, I've created a 4-2DM-3W-1 tactic, with quite a special formula.

View attachment 86224

In the formation, there are two Fullbacks who are set on "Automatic" duty. This is the first clue. The team Mentality is set to "Contain". So, basically, this will just tell the defenders on both sides to defend.
Via player instructions, they are set to contribute to the attack much more. Also their passing, running, crossing is tweaked.

Second clue of the formation is there are two ball-winning Midfielders, which are accidentally acting like playmakers in the deep, who will join the attack. Like in stephenhk's tactics

Third clue of the tactic is the close down much more settings. I've described that some times now in other threads so no need of explaining what it does again and again. You'll see on the pitch if trying.

We're now left with 2 Wingers-Attack, 1AM-A and 1 False-9.

That's a very dangerous setup for a contain formation if you think about it a little bit more. While the team contains the result and defends, those players attack. I've told the attacking midfielder to "Close Down Much Less" like a playmaker of the old tradition does, I need to see futher if it works.

That is for quite some settings the case; I'll have to try it now and tweak according to what I see happens on the pitch, for potential further versions of the tactic.

No Opposition Instructions

Training
View attachment 86221

Link
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z06z...e v1_F23DA879-56E4-406D-A512-D6F4110A9900.fmf

Not great for me at all mate.
30% win ratio with Manchester United using default squad up to October. Other tactics looking at 80-90% win ratio up to this point.

Even lost to micky mouse clubs like Sunderland, Norwich and Arsenal.

Not great for me at all mate.
30% win ratio with Manchester United using default squad up to October. Other tactics looking at 80-90% win ratio up to this point.

Even lost to micky mouse clubs like Sunderland, Norwich and Arsenal.
Wow that sounds bad as ****. You got match stats with Possession, Pass completion etc.?

Yeah the team cohesion thing is just as long to turn on until there's a certain level of blending in the team, should of added that :)
It's not looking so bad for you I see, I have honestly not played the tactic too much just 2-3 matches but you know you see if a set of a tactic is working or not and that was the case with that :)

I hope it looks a bit realistic atleast tho, because this tactic is already going into the section "Gamebreaking", or atleast the concept of it is thought like that

I will use it more often and see if I can get more power on it upfront.

Just for fun

I used TFF's testing league, but for 34 matches only (is enough to see what's happen)

Your tactic :
View attachment 86084

Results View attachment 86083Testing Team A and Testing Team B)
View attachment 86083

Table
View attachment 86082

Testing Team A
View attachment 86081

Testing Team B
View attachment 86080

Some interesting things
View attachment 86079

View attachment 86078

View attachment 86077

View attachment 86076

Hi, I've created a 4-2DM-3W-1 tactic, with quite a special formula.
In the formation, there are two Fullbacks who are set on "Automatic" duty. This is the first clue. The team Mentality is set to "Contain". So, basically, this will just tell the defenders on both sides to defend.
Via player instructions, they are set to contribute to the attack much more.

Is not enough. Their mentality is extremeley defensive and can not be compensated by these instructions

Second clue of the formation is there are two ball-winning Midfielders, which are accidentally acting like playmakers in the deep, who will join the attack. Like in stephenhk's tactics

They'll not join to attack. They'll act like an aggressive (and slightly more mobile) DLP.

We're now left with 2 Wingers-Attack, 1AM-A and 1 False-9.
That's a very dangerous setup for a contain formation if you think about it a little bit more. While the team contains the result and defends, those players attack. I've told the attacking midfielder to "Close Down Much Less" like a playmaker of the old tradition does, I need to see futher if it works.

Not really. Very fluid shape and "look for overlap" TI (for wide players) are significantly decreasing their mentality. And another problem : nobody can cover AMC position if this guy decides to roam from his position or to run with ball too much.