jonathansmith

Reaction score
433 BALL-IN: Swag out with this beast

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening or good night depending on when your reading this, I have posted numerous tactics over the past 3 years of FM with great success and feedback from you beautiful bastards and this is my first dip into FM 2019 which due to the ME this year and the constant changes that SI throw at us means that I will most likely look like I have egg on my face as within a week of this being released the ME will be updated and this will become null and void… but hey ho lets crack on with it…

For some of you that are accustom with my previous work I like to work with unconventional formations such at the striker-less method and other than the fact that this tactic has strikers it will still look and feel unconventional so I will be going into a bit more in depth with why the tactic works rather than a few screen shots and the tactic just thrown up there, I do this so hopefully you will understand the rational rather than just taking the tactic and plug and play then when the ME is changed and the tactic inevitably fails then you can make tweaks yourself having the knowledge of how the tactic was designed in the first place… that’s the dream anyway

before i jump into this i will say that at the end there will be 2x tactics for you to download, they are just the mirrored versions of each other labelled;

433 BALL-IN L - left winger
433 BALL-IN R - right winger

All will depend on if you have stronger wingers with the left or right foot as their strongest foot, if you dont have wingers in your squad then go buy one or your quickest best dribbling striker, whatever foot he is predominant with then pick that tactic lol

View attachment 21063

CONTENTS:

1. [*=center]– Intro
    [*=center]- Testimonial (stats + results)
    [*=center]– The Tactic
    [*=center]– Team Instructions
    [*=center]– Player Roles (best Atts)
    [*=center]– Outro (misc.)

1. [*=center]INTRODUCTION:

So this tactic started as a 442 with all out wing play with wingers on support and WB on attack to force the issue further and get as many “BALLS-IN” as we could aiming for the 2 strikers who would attack both the far and near post respectively, this I had success with due to the wingers putting crosses in early to the far post and the WB crossing from the by-line to the near post meaning that there was always a chance for the strikers to get on the end of it, the CM was there to just keep the ball moving and distributing wider at every available opportunity with the CB as ball playing and the keeper as a sweeper keeper to give more flexibility when distributing the ball… As I said I had success with it until I faced a team with 3 CB or a team with 3 CM or just 3 in the middle of the park, in those games we didn’t get anywhere near enough chances wither by the opposition having enough cover at the back or having too many players in the middle of the park where we wouldn’t get a handle on the game so changes were needed and after 8-10 different tweaks I had a settled formation that I trusted to deal with everything that the opposition had to throw at us and dominate every different defensive formation that the opposition could line up with and that is down to what I will refer to as the BELT which I will get to later…

not much testing has been done with this I will admit as I’m just using it on my current save which is a unemployed with Sunday league experience to win the CL and currently in 2020 with my 2nd club and there are 25 or so games to go off but I’ve seen enough to upload which I know is dangerous but I had the itch to upload again so here we are…

2. TESTIMONIALS – MATCH STATS AND TABLES

So I am managing Girona and originally took over the team in the second division of Spain sitting 18th​ out of 22 teams after 10 games (of a 42 game season) I finished that season top of the division after going on a 15 – 20 game winning streak towards the back end of the season and that was after the aforementioned tweaks had been finalised, I had inherited a team that was way too strong to be in that division after only being relegated the season prior just had a really poor start to the season, so I knew that I could play a possession based tactic and dominate most games from start to finish… what I didn’t expect is to dominate the teams in the division above as I do my preseasons in a different way to most which I will show you the results of but essentially I try and get the highest profile teams to have a friendly with to get the highest profit before the season starts, with 1 or 2 games against similar rep opposition and a whipping boy team to steady morale, however those teams weren’t needed as we dominated the likes of real and barca in preseason meaning that I had the confidence to use the tactic throughout the season not just at home against teams that I felt that I could beat which as you will see worked out very very well…

LAST SEASON – this is the table and fixture list from last season showing from when I took over to how the season finished, the team was too good for that league and won it without breaking a sweat in the end

View attachment 21057

PRE SEASON – I was expecting to get romped in the first couple and then find a tweak to the tactic to cope against the big boys just to be competitive was the aim… turns out I didn’t need to I was so shocked that the team was putting in results like this especially when I only play the team for 1 half and then rotate the full team for the 2nd​ to get full match fitness… and I’ll make sure to show that the teams I was facing didn’t exactly have a weakened team…

View attachment 21041

CURRENT SEASON – so as you can see from the table below I don’t really have words for what is going on, I don’t have a great team I would say based on quality alone it’s a mid-table team at best, but here I am sat at the top of league and some of the results in here are ridiculous and this group of players shouldn’t be doing that to some of the teams in this league but the tactic has been consistent both home and away and doesn’t care for the opposition as we just deal with what we are looking to do to put our stamp on the game rather than the other way around… I will include the season preview prediction to show where we stood and should finish based on media prediction and club rep and players… as you can see we are predicted to be in able to rise to the the top of a mid table battle but that was down to the rep of the the players brought in as the loans were from some high caliber teams such as man city and Bayern that increased our rep along with the couple wonder kids that i had brought in

View attachment 21048 View attachment 21047
View attachment 21045
View attachment 21044
View attachment 21042
View attachment 21043

LOWER TEAMS – for this I will pull from 2 teams that from the season preview were in the bottom 6 clubs and show the stats from both home and away games to see that the tactic is suited to smashing teams that apparently are of an equal level to us based on the season preview… some of the results were jaw dropping, I did notice that if we score a goal in the first 10 minutes then the likelihood of the score being

View attachment 21040 View attachment 21039

View attachment 21038 View attachment 21037

MID TABLE TEAMS – in my opinion these teams between 7-14 in the league preseason predictions are more important than the big teams at both ends of the spectrum, if fighting relegation doing well against these teams would be the difference between staying up and going down and at the other end beating the lower teams and mid table teams consistently will be the difference between winning the league or not as teams take points off each other at the top so it’s the other “bogey” teams that will be the difference in the end…

I will pick 4 teams for both home and away games to show how we got on against so called mid table sides based on season preview screen (not where they finished) and as you can see we dominated most games and only had to struggle to get a result a couple of times

View attachment 21036 View attachment 21035

View attachment 21024 View attachment 21023

View attachment 21026 View attachment 21025

View attachment 21028 View attachment 21027

TOP TEAMS – the big teams as relatively a free hit in my opinion and any points gained in these matches are a bonus because as long as you can beat the other 14-17 teams consistently both home and away then your 90% chance to win the respective league that you’re in, cup competitions is where this tactic hasn’t been tested i.e. in the champions league as I’ve only just got there in my current save… as you can see even though I’m only a “mid table” side the games were never a whitewash against the big 3 in Spanish football, I never felt like I was being dominated or that at any moment they would go to that next level and run away with the games… although I had a much easier time facing Barca than I did against Athletico and that will be down to the shape and style that barca play allow for more opportunities to overload them and get quick counters when they are less set to defend were as Athletico held constant pressure on the ball and due to the difference in quality they beat us at our own game

View attachment 21032 View attachment 21034

View attachment 21033 View attachment 21031

View attachment 21030 View attachment 21029

PLAYERS - here are the players for my starting XI, as you can see the wingbacks enjoy a lot of the ball and contribute a lot of assists along with the winger and the PF on the other side just getting the BALL-IN, the engine of the team in the CM on attack doesn’t get too many goals or assists in comparison but he is the difference maker for others to find space as he will allocate one of the defensive players…

View attachment 21055

View attachment 21053 View attachment 21054

View attachment 21052 View attachment 21051

View attachment 21050 View attachment 21049

View attachment 21056

View attachment 21046

3. THE TACTIC:

So this tactic is a 433 with isometric qualities in the attacking 3rd​ and there is a specific reason which I will explain further down, as with any tactic there are tweaks to be made and versions to make the tactic better but I have invested a lot of time an effort into creating this and tweaking to a point where I can go into almost any game home or away and know that I will create chances, be solid at the back and dominate the game through possession and quick ball retention when an attack breaks down… I have explained how this tactic became to be in the intro starting as a 442 and ending in a lopsided 433 and a change from quick attacks via the wings to centrally dominating slower pace with overlapping WB and constant pressure in the final 3rd​ probing for openings through distinctive movement off the ball…

View attachment 21063

I will discuss the overall tactic now and go into the 3 phases of play afterwards…

The tactic has WB on attack, BPD and SK at the back, the wingbacks provide added pressure in wide areas and support attack with the leg work to get back and create a solid base to defend from, the BPD and SK are always looking for a forward pass whether into the middle of the park or to the WB/winger to get attacks started, defensively they will look to remain in their position not come out from the line to challenge the ball to retain the right line and shape for the sake of the team…

the middle of the park we have a DM on DLP support and a CM and AP on attack in the middle, originally had them in a line of 3 but the DLP was caught too high up and also had a BBM in the CM attack slot but changed this to make sure that he was looking to break the lines and get beyond the DLF and keep the winger in the channel rather than drifting infield too much when the WB goes around the outside of him but more on why later, the AP and DLP are designed to play between the lines for the DLP will be between the opposition AM and CM and the AP will be between the CM and DM giving valuable time on the ball to move the opposition around, they will not look to join the attack in the same way that the CM or WB do and will look to stay in the pockets and look for the pass usually though the defensive line or wide to the marauding WB on the overlap… defensively they are all set to engage their opponents at every available opportunity not allowing the opposition time to look for a pass and usually will result in them playing a pass that can be intercepted or forced to recycle backwards or wide but there are many opportunities for a counter which all 3 of the attacking players when they get the ball will be looking to do…

on to the attackers they will be predominately be a lopsided 3 with 1 winger and a DLF in the central striking role both on attack due to starting higher and isolating a defender before dropping into the hole to receive the ball, finally breaking the defensive line is the PF on attack on the shoulder of the last defender looking to break in behind or into the channel depending on where the space is left, the main role of the winger is to get the ball in quickly to the specific area of the back post where the PF will be the player attacking the ball most of the time leaving the defender behind, the other attacking use is to narrow the defence when he is forced inside by the WB on the overlap creating time and space for him to pick his cross into the box, the final utility of the winger when attacking is to be in the hole between opposition FB and CB for a through ball from the AP or CM, the reason he roams in that area and is generally not picked up as that the FB will drift wider to cover our WB and the CB will drift inwards to mark the DLF who is positioned in the centre of the pitch leaving a big old gap for the winger to roam in and have a through ball on most of the time especially against a back 4, defensively he will support by dropping deeper to cover any overlap by opposition FB that might be looking to get forward but always the first to break free when looking for a counter due to having the natural pace advantage over most FBs…

the 2 strikers in the formation work in tandem with each other which causes real problems for the defence depending how the ball is distributed to them, the DLF will drop into the hole where there is space due to a lack of AMC in this tactic, he will cause a problem for the defence as to whether they come and follow him and come out of their line or stay in line and allow him to have the ball to feet, either way is good for us, if they come out with him to challenge for the ball he will look to turn the ball around the corner for the PF who will be running past the last defender for the through ball either from the DLF or if he lays it off to the AP, DLP or WB they will be looking for that same ball but over the top but at that point will also have the option of the winger who will now be doing the similar action as the PF on the other side and trying to break the offside trap before the defenders can get set… the DLF will take up and attack the near post when the ball is wide on the left and if on the right he will remain around the penalty area, reason for this is that on the left there is no partner alongside so he takes the best position to score which is a tap in at the near post where as if the ball is on the right there is already a PF there and a winger attacking the back post so rather than running in to the six yard box he checks his run and looks for the cut back or mis placed header ready to smash it in 1st​ time…. The PF is the goal scorer of the team and at the end of a season he will most likely have the highest goals tally, this is due to how the entire formation works and the quick sucker punch goals he can get in a game with his pace and unrelenting pressure of the back line constantly thought the match.

4. Team Instructions

The different phases of play being defence, attack and in transition between the 2 is something that I have studied for years during relevant coaching badges I’ve picked up in various sports and to finally see FM catch up with that giving clear instructions for the different phases of play is exciting for me as I’ve always created tactics with specific philosophies and styles of play that I want both in and out of possession, with that in mind I will describe what I have selected and why from the 3 different menus relating to the different phases and how that relates to the overall philosophy of the team…

So as for the overall philosophy of how I want to play and make the team work, when defending I want the team to cover the key areas of the pitch extensively and be constantly harassing the player on the ball and not allowing the player to have time to think let alone pass the ball effectively and this really works against the big teams which I will show you in the match stats that I’ve recorded over the past year of games…

the defensive line is set to high but not ultra-high and this is down to watching countless matches and testing where the defence sets up once in the defensive phase of play after the transition, if set to much higher than the defensive line will try and attack the ball when the ball comes through the middle which will lead to a ball round the corner for an onrushing midfielder or winger coming inside and led to too many chances being faced, on standard D-line the team dropped to around the penalty spot and the DM would be in the D and that left too much space in front of us and not enough immediate pressure on the ball when their CM had the ball but on higher the DM would be 2-5 yards in front of the D and the D-line would be on the edge of the penalty area and even though they would come out with the striker if he dropped deep the space for him to work with would be mitigated by the DM in that triangle in tandem with the CB, the line set on the edge of the area also means that the CM are close enough to the opposition to eliminate them as an option and the only other options available is wide to a running on FB which is only available on one side due to their being a winger to help out on the other and if the ball does go there the WB will engage and the CB will drift over to cover with the DM dropping into the defensive line… the shape does move but in a structured way to make sure that there are minimal gaps to exploit and them able to transfer into the attack quickly and efficiently…

View attachment 21060

in transition into attack is the main reason why this tactic works so well, the scenario is that if the ball is won back with the opposition in mid field or on our 3rd​ then we spring to life running into space with our vertical runners being the winger, WB and CM, with the DLF dropping deep for the ball and the PF making sure that the defensive line drops with him to create lots of space between the lines for the runners to exploit or give more space for the DLF to receive the ball and make a play with the ball… the team will look to play the ball forward quickly with the individual instructions for the likely players to receive the ball in the transition looking to play either riskier or more direct passes to create a devastating counter attack, if the defence drops deep and doesn’t allow for the through ball in the first instance or if the opposition has enough players back to support their efforts then due to the team instructions to play shorter passes at a slower tempo means that we will lay the ball off short and begin a slower more patient attack looking for a killer ball wide for the WB or winger to cross the BALL-IN (hence the name). These are the 2 different scenarios for the attacking transition.

View attachment 21061

As for the transition from attack to defence this is where the BELT comes in for ball retention and how the team react to losing the ball in the 1st​ and 2nd​ phase to make sure that we can get the ball back quickly to keep the pressure on the opposition and or if the opposition can get through/over/round the BELT then how the team react to regain a defensive shape is why as you will see regarding the total shots/chances that the opposition have be very few and far between throughout the majority of matches… so what is the BELT, well it is the shape of the team at the point when the team first loses possession in 99% of cases, this will be with both WB around the 18 yard area towards the touchline with the CM on one side and the AP on the other just deeper than the 18 yard area but in central areas due to the WB pushing the winger inside which then occupies the space that the CM would rush into and the front 3 all in position to pressure the GK and back line to make sure the ball has to be played long, the DLP will be between half way and the opposition D to mop up anything cleared that is short of our CB who are camped on the half way line, the CB will look to win the ball if it is cleared really long whether that be in the channel or centrally and play the ball in towards the retreating DLP/CM/AP or to the WB for an early crossing opportunity to catch the defence out as they try and push out, this scenario was the main reason for a lot of the tweaks made to the tactic to make sure that I had enough pressure on the ball when lost allowing the other players to drop back into the right defensive shape, having a lot of runners/movers coming from deeper positions means that they will look to retreat with a better urgency than if they were in the AM position or WB in the DM line rather than in a back 4 meaning the transition to the defensive phase happens on a much more effective way… with the WB looking to secure the back 4 and the AP and CM dropping in to the CM position for the defensive phase the opposition will have to have to play the ball backwards to mount an attack which can be picked up by the retreating players or at the very least give the defence and midfield enough time to get into their defensive shape ready to fend off any advances that the opposition are going to make…

View attachment 21062

As an avid fan of NFL and the tactical side of the play calls and creating the best match ups to score a touch down, ive applied the same logic to set peices built within my tactic, this is from the throw-ins giving the ball to a player to be a running back and run at the defence who have have been shown that the ball is going to be thrown long and the pandemonium that it creates leads to some chances within matches, defenders coming out to meet the ball that has been played short creates space for the ball to be played into for us to score from... similar for corners i have 1 WB taking the corner with the other WB as the short option with all the dangerous players i.e. creative players such as the AP and CM on the edge of the box and the strikers and CB crowding the 6 yard box looking as if the ball is going to be just put into them, this isnt the case as the ball is played short to the WB who if faced with an opponent will play the ball to the CM or AP on the edge as they drift over to support to have a shot from there or if no challenge made will wait until challenged and play either the same ball or put the ball into the CB or strikers who are still waiting to pounce even though the defenders are trying to push out... simple misdirection which is key for any offence in the NFL along with the running game (sorry I'll stop now lol)

View attachment 21059 View attachment 21058

#### the main goals that will be conceded on this tactic is down to the quick counter over the top to a striker rushing past the defenders who don’t react in time or the long ball out wide (again on the counter) if the CB doesn’t win the ball or isn’t close enough to get there the opposition winger can run down the wing and put the ball in for the striker who gains a yard against the defenders and taps it in… very difficult to defend against but is mitigated 90% of the time due to the BELT applying pressure to the player on the ball not allowing the player on the ball to look up to pick a pass out rather just a panicked clearance which is much easier to defend however the odd goal does go in but not in enough frequency to be alarmed by it.

5. Player roles (best Atts)

So I will now give my OPINION on what I look for in each role based on what I need the player to do in their role and as part of the team tactical… giving the key attributes that I look for in each player
## I only look for between 5-6 key attributes but will decide to pick a player based on the overall attribute picture…

#### the key attributes are the bare minimum that I require and the level needed will change depending on the league you’re playing in but in England I separate this into broad spectrums

Europe prem – 13 -16
prem – 12-15
Championship – 11 – 14
League 1 – 10 – 13
League 2 – 9 – 12

the reason for the broad ranges for each is due to the fact that I prefer to have a player in the top prem for example to have all 6 or 7 key attributes at 13 rather than 4 at 15 or 16 and the other 2 at 10 as I view that all the KEY Atts to be as important as all the others and missing 1 or 2 for the level that your at can have a detrimental effect on the overall performance of that player and due to the fluidity of the team it will have a domino effect causing the team to suffer as a result

GK – Nothing special required here, just needs to be able to save the ball and distribute the ball safely but due to having the distribution set to short there is no chance of that, only other consideration is the communication side of things with the defence being isolated at times the keeper being able to communicate effectively could be the difference between conceding and not…
Key att – reflexes, one-on-ones, positioning, agility, concentration

CB – these players need to be quick, strong in the air and comfortable receiving the ball when required, don’t need to be flashy like running out with the ball. Just win the ball back quickly in the air or be able to cover the ground to eliminate the quick counter
Key att – acceleration, jumping reach, positioning, tackling, marking, decisions, concentration

WB – these players provide the entire width for the team both offensively and defensively and will cover more ground than any other player in the team and need to have the quickness to get in the right positions along with the endurance to do it for 90 minutes, defensively they need to just be there to stop crosses coming in with blocks and interceptions, don’t need to have great technical ability in the defensive department. technically if they can beat their man and get the ball in or prefer to get the ball in early will depend on their movement off the ball and the space they have between them and the defender the key is to have a good first touch which then gives them the most amount of time to pick the right ball
key att – acceleration, stamina, work rate, off the ball, anticipation, first touch, dribbling/crossing

DLP – this guy is the defensive pivot and any and all recycling of possession goes through the DLP, he will require great endurance and be skilled in the art of defending, picking a killer pass out isn’t necessary as he is designed to just shift the ball in short passages and rarely switches the play, due to the amount of times he will receive the ball in a game having a good first touch is paramount, as the enforcer of the team he will get through a lot of grunt work and the quicker he can cover the ground the better…
Key att – stamina, work rate, first touch, tackling, acceleration, passing

AP – the AP will be the difference maker in games where the opposition sit deeper and try and keep a clean sheet, he will look for space between the lines and thread the ball to the strikers or wide to the WB so they can get the BALL-IN, between him and the DLP they will have the most touches in the game dictating the pace of the game but where the AP is different is that he will be looking more prominently for a “killer ball” with a big switch of play to the opposite wing or even a ball over the top for the PF to chase if in the transition between defence and attack for a quick counter. Defensively he will just harass the player on the ball if in a central area and will drift out wide to help the WB on that side as he will have the risk of being doubled up on as there is no winger on that side to help so good attributes for grunt work will be advantageous but doesn’t need any skill in the art of defending…
Key att – passing, vision, first touch, off the ball, stamina, work rate

CM – the vertical work horse of the team, he will make similar levels of running as the WB and in some aspects the style of running too in the way they attack space and gaps, where they differ is that the CM won’t be as “gung ho” as the WB and will still be required to shift the ball in the centre of midfield or when the ball is in the final 3rd​, he will make progress up the pitch with his physical game rather than with passing ability so being a strong runner with the ball at their feet is paramount, due to the amount of running that they get through high levels of endurance and ability to cover ground quickly are essential also, defensively they will have the same role as the AP without the requirement to drift wide to aid the WB as the winger on that side will be dropping in, defensive qualities aren’t essential as more orientated to try and make interceptions and stop the opposition from passing the ball effectively
Key att – stamina, work rate, first touch, dribbling, strength, off the ball, acceleration, passing

W – similar to the CM in the sense of the runs that they will make however the type of player I look for in this role doesn’t necessarily look like a winger in the traditional sense due to majority of the time the “crosses” that they put in are from deeper areas and would almost be a through ball rather than an actual cross and I’ve found that more of an inside forward but with the same foot as the side that they are on so if you play with the winger on the right then I search for a AML inside forward role who is right footed and retrain to be a winger on AMR as the skill set I’m looking for more resembles an inside forward with the movement off the ball and finishing and passing ability… defensively they will drop in and follow an opposing FB if they look for the overlap to help the WB if the opposition don’t look for overlap to maintain defensive shape then he will be the first outlet for the keeper to avoid a high press from the opposition and that is where the through ball from deep wide for the PF who is on the last defender on the other side…
Key att – acceleration, off the ball, first touch, dribbling, anticipation, balance, agility, flair (not essential)

DLF (s) – the utility man, he will link up the play by holding up the ball and bringing others in before attacking the box to get on the end of crosses or through balls, I prefer my players in this role to be in the mould of a mobile target man, doesn’t have to be the tallest or best in the air but have strength in abundance to hold up the ball and be mobile enough to get a yard or 2 from the defender to look for a through ball to the PF or winger, I will say that the better he is with his movement or in the air the better goals return he will have but his role isn’t about scoring but helping the team transition into the attacking phase… defensively he will look to form a screen of 2 to not allow the opposition the option of passing back to a CB, on occasion he will cover the DM if the opposition has one to eliminate that option also…
Key att – first touch, off the ball, anticipation, strength, composure, finishing (acceleration to cover more ground)

PF (a) – a glorified poacher but with more responsibility when the team loses the ball, when attacking he will sit on the defender’s shoulder looking for a through ball or to be the first to the ball if the cross goes in early, he if that ball doesn’t come then he will drift wide into the channel and look to come inside if the WB has the ball to attack the near post or if the AP has the ball to be slipped in between the CB and FB, over the course of a season he will have more goals than any other player in the team but the margin isn’t massive as the team score goals across the board due to the movement when in the final 3rd​ meaning that any of the players other than the CB will have a chance to score from open play depending on who the defence doesn’t pick up or deem a threat… defensively he will constantly pressure the CB and FB on his side not giving them time on the ball, if the FB goes forward then the PF will only follow them to around 10-15 yards off half way after that he will come and sit back on the last defender again ready for the inevitable counter from when we get the ball back
Key att – Acceleration, off the ball, anticipation, composure, first touch, finishing (team work and dribbling are good too but not key)

6. OUTRO (MISC)

So here I will cover the frequently asked questions I’ve gotten when I have uploaded in the past, things like training and opposition instructions etc…

Training – Team - Pre-season set match tactics on full with this tactic set to all 3 slots, with team cohesion set to very high with the slider all the way to the left and a day off after match.
Through season have defending set pieces selected (once tactic fluid) and have attacking for the other set to high/very high the slider should be 2 clicks from the left again with rest after match not before

Player –
GK – Sweeper keeper on attack usually focus on agility
CB – ball playing defender usually focus on quickness
WB – wing back on attack with focus on attacking movement
DM – Segundo volante on attack with focus on either quickness or passing
CM – B2B or roaming playmaker with focus on attacking movement or quickness depending on where the flaws are in a player
W – Inside forward on attack focus on attacking movement or passing
ST – pressing forward on attack usually focus on final third or attacking movement but for the DLF in the tactic sometimes have passing

Pitch size – max allowed usually but works on league average too

Opposition instructions – none everyone set individually to mark/cover areas of the pitch not the specific man

Ten men? – remove the DLF and replace the position, leave the PF where he is don’t move him centrally… or if you want to keep the pressure up the field then make the AP a DLP on support and the CM to a B2B and take out the DM depending on the scenario… if needing a goal then go with removing the DM if already in front then remove the DLF

Corners – LB take left corner vice versa

General tips –

1. [*=center]If your strikers are small but quick then changing the delivery of crosses to low or whipped will give better results

1. [*=center]If your strikers are taller and better in the air then floated or mixed is better, I keep them on mixed generally as the DLF is usually a target man type and the PF is a pacey poacher type so will benefit from different types of crosses and gives that extra level of freedom to the winger and WB

1. [*=center]If possession is above 60% and no chances have being created then change the tempo to high and narrow the attacking shape to force more mistakes out of a deep sitting defence

1. [*=center]Make sure that your winger doesn’t have the PPM “cuts inside from both flanks” he will not arrive in the space between FB and CB at the right time and he won’t be a wide threat for crosses

1. [*=center]If central DLP or CM are on a yellow wait until 60 mins and sub off as will more than likely get a second yellow and ruin your day!!! Other than that your more than likely going to make the same 2x subs every game being the WB that doesn’t have the winger in front of them as he will cover the most ground in the game and either the CM or AP usually never both but that is down to who is having to work harder to find space based on how the opposition are dealing with them.

1. [*=center]Retrain your wingers with good finishing to play the pressing forward role, and quick strikers who can dribble well (crossing doesn’t matter too much) to play as wingers as it’s cheaper than buying a new player…

1. [*=center]Sell your wingers that are the wrong foot for the system you want to use (winger on the right – sell the left footed ones and vice versa)

1. [*=center]If you have a target man who is slow (less than 10 acceleration and pace) sell as won’t be able to create enough space in the DLF role so should be looking to sell on, same with CM and AP positions

So there we have it… that is the tactic covered from start to finish and inside and out, I hope that take the time to read it and more importantly that you enjoyed the journey as I had a lot of fun writing it… last thing from me to ask is that I would love to see come good conversations in the comments on how you’re getting on with the tactic any tweaks that you have made and where you see this sitting in the overall spectrum of tactics that have been put out there this year… this is where the real fun begins you actually get to have a play around with the tactic so enjoy and have fun and dont forget to get the BALL-IN

View attachment 21016

View attachment 21015

Fantastic OP mate. Will give it a whirl when I get a chance.

Mancester United season two (any system work in season 1,,but)

Clear winnner and beatiful goals.

Season 3 goes with this too......

Thanks

Mancester United season two (any system work in season 1,,but)

Clear winnner and beatiful goals.

Season 3 goes with this too......

Thanks

Any chance you can put some screen shots of your season with the tactic so others can see how awesome it was for you...

Glad you liked it and more importantly that it was successful for you

Also my Juventus team use this

End time last games in second season.

Test it and see ooh beatifull football

[video=youtube;N3FZieFXG0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3FZieFXG0U[/video]

Also my Juventus team use this

End time last games in second season.

Test it and see ooh beatifull football

[video=youtube;N3FZieFXG0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3FZieFXG0U[/video]

Glad you like it... love the video too thanks

lets see how the sweden teams handle this =)

I'm sure it will do very well... let me know how you get on... I have noticed that this tactic definately favours a mid table to weak team for the league... tried with bayern and even though I would win a lot the consistency was less than with a mid table side

Hey really liked the way this tactic played, any plans to update it for 19.3?

Great news, you should nominate for testing on here as well... https://brokensjnf8ewhce8.com/