442 Asymmetric Total Football! Left & Right Sided Version

Reaction score
After making this tactic on the Beta & tweaking it with the patches I now feel that my 442 asymmetric total football tactic is ready to be shared.

The tactic has been tested in 3 different countries. In Turkey with Altinordu FK, in Denmark with FC Nordsjælland & in Italy with Sampdoria & the results have been nothing short of amazing! With Altinordu we won the Turkish 1st division at a canter & then finished 2nd in our first season in the Super League & then amazingly winning it in our 3rd season. With FC Nordsjælland we won the domestic double in Denmark in our 1st season, only losing 1 game all season. Finally, with Sampdoria in Serie A we managed a 2nd place finish in our 1st season, following that up with back to back titles.

Anyways, here's how both versions of the tactic look

TAC RS.png TAC.png

Its a vertical tki-taka system which use quick, one touch passing to open up space & watching it take shape in the match engine really is a thing of beauty!

The key positions I feel are both FBs, the DLP, the IF & the PF, if you have the right players for these positions then you will make full use of the tactical instructions. Here's a couple of screenshots of Sesko who has been my pressing forward at Sampdoria for 2 seasons & Julian Alvarez who played as the inside forward last season.

Sesko Alvarez
sesko.png alvarez.png

These are the league tables from our title winning seasons from the 3 saves

ALT LT.png FCN LT.png 2223.png league.png

For opposition instructions I ask my assistant manager & then add these

GK - None
LB/LWB - Always Press, show onto weaker foot
RB/RWB - Always Press, show onto weaker foot
DCL - None (Show onto weaker foot if back 3)
DC - None
DCR - None (Show onto weaker foot if back 3)
DM - Hard tackling
MC/MLC/MRC - Hard tackling
ML/AML - Always press, show onto weaker foot
MR/AMR - Always press, show onto weaker foot
AMC/CL/CR - Always tight marking, Always press
SC/CR/CL - Always tight marking

Here are some screenshots of some results with the tactic

Roma 1-6 Altinordu.jpgbarca.pnginter.png1st.png

Finally, here are both tactics

442 Asymetric Total Football (mediafire.com)

Good luck with it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Please leave feedback, good or bad, it will be much appreciated.

Here's link for the other thread 442 Asymmetric Total Football Left & Right Sided Version | FM Base (fm-base.co.uk)

Attachments

• 442 Asymetric Total Football.zip
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,009
Last edited:
Loving the look of this tactic!!!! Also what skin is this mate

Bit of an update guys.

Started a new save on latest patch with Le Havre in Ligue 2 in France & at the halfway point with the tactic bedded in we sit 4 points clear at the top of the league & are into the Coupe de France 11th round, beating Nantes from Ligue 1 4-1 in round 10! My AMRC, Bonnet has been unbelievable with an average rating of 7.94! Here's some screenshots guy.

Ligue 2 December 2021.pngLe Havre Team Stats December 2021.png12 Games Unbeaten Dec 2021.pngBonnet Stats December 2021.pngLe Harve 4-1 Nantes.png

Further proof the tactic is cracked guys! We won Ligue 2 at a canter, by 20 points in the end & breaking loads of Ligue 2 & club records along the way. We then started our Ligue 1 campaign with a 1-0 win away to Rennes & then unbelievably, we beat PSG in the Parc de Princes 3-2! Currently we have 10 points from 4 games, predicted 17th!

Unexpected Promotion.pngPSG 2-3 Le Havre.png

Looks good! Any chance you could provide the player instructions for us Xbox/Switch players? Much appreciated

Update from my Le Havre save. After 23 games we are still pushing PSG in Ligue unbelievably, only dropping 7 points so far! Tjaland, the wish.com Haaland is flying in the PF role & we have a win percentage of 80% since we started the save! Here's some screenshots

Table after 23 games
Ligue 1 Table 21 Games 2023.png

Tjaland's season performance so far
Tjaland 2022.png

Match performance since start of save
Manager Stats February 2023.png

I'll update at the end of the season how we finish in Ligue 1, UCL looking a major possibility!

Quick update guys....

So with 7 Ligue 1 games left we lead PSG with Le Havre by 1 point after PSG drew their last 3 games! If we can pull off this league title it will be up there with my greatest ever FM achievements, we are spending 190k per week on wages! Tjaland continues to score goals for fun, 36 in the league & Jakub Kadak who we signed from Trencin in Slovakia for 675k has been insane for what he cost! Here is some screenshots

Ligue 1 Table after 31 games
Ligue 1 31 Games 2023.png

PSG draws
PSG 3 Draws.png

Tjaland season stats so far
Tjaland 2022.png

Kadak season stats so far
Kadak 2023 Stats.png

WE DID IT! WE WON LIGUE 1 IN OUR 1ST SEASON AFTER PROMOTION! This tactic is literally unbelievable & this is the proof, we are only spending 200k per week on wages, a fraction of what PSG are paying out on wages, Messi's wage is 3x as much as my whole team! Some outstanding results & performances by the likes of Tjaland & Kadak who both cost less than 700k! Here's some screenshots.

Le Havre Clinch Ligue 1.pngWinning Ligue 1.pngLe Havre Fans Ecstatic.pngLe Havre Board Ecstatic.png

Salary per annum in Ligue 1
Salary PA.png

WE DID IT! WE WON LIGUE 1 IN OUR 1ST SEASON AFTER PROMOTION! This tactic is literally unbelievable & this is the proof, we are only spending 200k per week on wages, a fraction of what PSG are paying out on wages, Messi's wage is 3x as much as my whole team! Some outstanding results & performances by the likes of Tjaland & Kadak who both cost less than 700k! Here's some screenshots.

View attachment 583015View attachment 583016View attachment 583017View attachment 583018

Salary per annum in Ligue 1
View attachment 583019
Very nice well done mate. In your opinion what are the most important attributes for the pressing forward and attacking midfielder on support?

also, I personally found my team ‘backed off’ a little too much and invited pressure at time so upped the line of engagement one notch and the pressing one notch which has worked a treat bit could be a save specific thing as I’ve played a pressing style for 4 consecutive seasons so team may have just needed more time to adapt

Last edited:
Very nice well done mate. In your opinion what are the most important attributes for the pressing forward and attacking midfielder on support?

also, I personally found my team ‘backed off’ a little too much and invited pressure at time so upped the line of engagement one notch and the pressing one notch which has worked a treat bit could be a save specific thing as I’ve played a pressing style for 4 consecutive seasons so team may have just needed more time to adapt
I had Sesko as my PF for Sampdoria who is amazing in that role, I think the physicals are definitely key in that role. Tjaland for instance is pretty average technically & mentally but his physicals are good & he managed 40+ goals in that role for Le Havre. The AMC I used for Sampdoria was Thiago Almada who is incredible & for Le Havre I used Jakub Kadak who I signed for 675k & averaged over 7.80 in Ligue 1. I do sometimes up the defensive line & line of engagement up one of I'm the much stronger team or chasing a goal buddy. Thanks for the positive feedback, I'll definitely give your suggestions a try

Sesko
Sesko.png

Tjaland
Tjaland 2022.png

Kadak
Kadak 2023 Stats.png

Last edited:
I had Sesko as my PF for Sampdoria who is amazing in that role, I think the physicals are definitely key in that role. Tjaland for instance is pretty average technically & mentally but his physicals are good & he managed 40+ goals in that role for Le Havre. The AMC I used for Sampdoria was Thiago Almada who is incredible & for Le Havre I used Jakub Kadak who I signed for 675k & averaged over 7.80 in Ligue 1. I do sometimes up the defensive line & line of engagement up one of I'm the much stronger team or chasing a goal buddy. Thanks for the positive feedback, I'll definitely give your suggestions a try

How do these two tactics work how did you use them what best side poeple use left or right