442 Narrow Diamond - High Tempo, aggressive, Brendan Rodgers style

CodeX

Reaction score
442 Narrow Diamond Attacking Formation

View attachment 302391

Formation & Instructions

View attachment 302402View attachment 302401

Hey folks. I created this tactic last weekend for fun after I saw it beating me 4-0 with ease, never thought I could get close to it, but I tried and it works brilliantly. I have used it with 2 teams by now, Werder Bremen and a later Manchester United, which I took over last year in the game on 16th place and leading them onto a third place. In the current season we are currently unbeaten, 1st league position.

But now about the tactic. I'm not a tactical genius by all means. But, I understand the game, how the game is working and what the game expects of you. I've downloaded so many tactics here in the past, this is just a little thing I hope to give back.

The mentality is attacking and using a structured shape. The team is closing down aggressive on the whole pitch, while in possession the defence is playing a short, safe-possession build up, the attacking third urgently tries to create clear cut chances and to score goals from them with highest speed.

I've also included SP routines, so don't worry about them.

Some Results

View attachment 302398View attachment 302397View attachment 302396View attachment 302395View attachment 302393View attachment 302394

Tweaked versions:

[url]http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/260220-442-narrow-diamond-high-tempo-aggressive-brendan-rodgers-style-2.html#post2530183

[/URL]

I hope it does the joy to you like it did to me.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
a tactic with 2 strikers, very nice - won't fit a new startet Man utd. save tho, unless one wants to **** off Valencia and de Maria - but gonna remember this if i find a club without big name wings :)

ohh btw any OIs?

a tactic with 2 strikers, very nice - won't fit a new startet Man utd. save tho, unless one wants to **** off Valencia and de Maria - but gonna remember this if i find a club without big name wings :)

ohh btw any OIs?
No mate I didn't try any OI but I imagine the ones lurking around or from an assistant with good JA and TK will do just fine. Played the latest matches with instant result only to see if it works plug and play. I have two different versions now for home and away, will upload them now

Here are the two versions if anyone wants to try

My first full season with ManU is over
View attachment 302320

Quite pleased with this at the end. We never played the same settings two matches after another so by that fact it's a respectable league win I think. Plus I think I finally got it stable and consistent now.

Some of the recent matches
View attachment 302319View attachment 302318View attachment 302317View attachment 302316

I will keep my eyes open for a new challenge now as ManU had such big ressources to spend, they're already set for the next few years and don't need me anymore I think :D

Latest tactics are attached onto this post

Last edited:
You say not to worry about set pieces as they are in the tactic, but who takes them?

ohh btw any OIs?

Di Maria is not too shabby as a CM and Tony V, will do well ar RB as cover.

You say not to worry about set pieces as they are in the tactic, but who takes them?
Anyone but the back four, someone who is bad in the air and passing well will do

Fantastic football. 3 pre season games with Man United and the football is stunning. Away to try with an Aberdeen save I started.