442 ofensive-short passing, an underdog tactic

forovid

Reaction score
hi every one,

after many years playing FM and after trying countless tactics, I have managed to evolve one of my favorite formations. This is a 4-1-3-2 with attacking wingers and a strong defensive midfielder.

This is the first time I post a tactic so be patient, and forgive my english.

I always liked to play with small teams, whose aim was to survive rather than win major competitions.
With varying degrees of success I led to the tranquility of the mid-table, teams like Nuremberg, Nice, Girona, Torino ...
But in FM2013 it’s time for Pescara.

For a most exciting and difficult game, I can only recruit free agents, and renewals may not exceed the average wage.

This is not an invincible tactic, nor one that creates a lot of clear cut chances, even you will not have clean sheets in most of the games. This is a survivor tactic. If Pescara stays in Serie A, it’s a success.

View attachment 322349

No need of very good players, nor very suitable players for each position. You just need common sense. You can take a look to Pescara squad.

View attachment 322350

Central defenders with high positioning and anticipation will avoid goal chances.
A defensive midfielder with aerial balls and placement will win all long passes.
A fast forward will be good for the counterattack, while one strong may fix the central defenders in their position.

OI: nothing unless you need it. At mid-time you can put some instructions like weaker foot for wingers and hard tackles for midfielders if rivals have a lot of possession.

SHOUTS: no need until min. 70. Then you can try direct passes if you don’t have shots on goal, or waste time if you are winning by 1 goal.

MATCH PREPARATION: team cohesion til fluid. Then defensive positioning.

SET PIECES: corner near post; put there your best header and try to put the rest outside area or in far post. Free kicks to the best header.
(Pescara has a set piece goal every 2 matches).

The results, first season in 11th position, and in mid season the next year, in 5th position with some great results against the big ones.

View attachment 322351
View attachment 322352
View attachment 322353

link : 4-4-2 carrileros.tac