442 ofensive-short passing, an underdog tactichi every one, after many years playing

forovid

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, serif]hi every one,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, serif]
after many years playing FM and after trying countless tactics, I have managed to evolve one of my favorite formations. This is a 4-1-3-2 with attacking wingers and a strong defensive midfielder.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]This is the first time I post a tactic so be patient, and forgive my english.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]I always liked to play with small teams, whose aim was to survive rather than win major competitions.
With varying degrees of success I led to the tranquility of the mid-table, teams like Nuremberg, Nice, Girona, Torino ...
But in FM2013 it’s time for Pescara.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]For a most exciting and difficult game, I can only recruit free agents, and renewals may not exceed the average wage.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]This is not an invincible tactic, nor one that creates a lot of clear cut chances, even you will not have clean sheets in most of the games. This is a survivor tactic. If Pescara stays in Serie A, it’s a success.

[/FONT]
View attachment 322349[FONT=Arial, serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]No need of very good players, nor very suitable players for each position. You just need common sense. You can take a look to Pescara squad.

[/FONT]
View attachment 322350[FONT=Arial, serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]Central defenders with high positioning and anticipation will avoid goal chances.
A defensive midfielder with aerial balls and placement will win all long passes.
A fast forward will be good for the counterattack, while one strong may fix the central defenders in their position.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]OI: nothing unless you need it. At mid-time you can put some instructions like weaker foot for wingers and hard tackles for midfielders if rivals have a lot of possession.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]SHOUTS: no need until min. 70. Then you can try direct passes if you don’t have shots on goal, or waste time if you are winning by 1 goal.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]MATCH PREPARATION: team cohesion til fluid. Then defensive positioning.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]SET PIECES: corner near post; put there your best header and try to put the rest outside area or in far post. Free kicks to the best header.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, serif](Pescara has a set piece goal every 2 matches).

The results, first season in 11th position, and in mid season the next year, in 5th position with some great results against the big ones.

[/FONT]
View attachment 322351
View attachment 322352
View attachment 322353

link : 4-4-2 carrileros.tac[FONT=Arial, serif]https://mega.co.nz/#!YcknHI4R!DJ5rJSIZm1cXWzA63D4frFoZkpQJOUbaVvAj8OSwXag

[/FONT]

It's a default tactic there's not even a single player instruction ....

It's a default tactic there's not even a single player instruction ....

Right, there's no individual orders at first half; with low players you must place orders at mid time or when you need it.
Most of the times I put an individual mark and position for the wingers, or put closing down and direct play (forwards).

When I tried individual orders to my players, it seems they don't understand the rest of the tactic.