48 month transfer?

HENO

Reaction score
Ive seen a few people mention it on here.....Basically What is it???

seems to be when the computer will offer to buy a player from you but spread out the payment over 48 months which is roughy 4 years... bit of a bummer when you need to cash straight away

I do it alot, it lets you buy a player for like £10m when you're budget is something like £2m, comes in handy.

but in the long run it affects your future transfer budgets. the board wont give you as much money in subsequent seasons as you are still paying off transfers

You can end up in heavy debt so make sure you don't spend too much and keep an eye on your finances. :)

yeah if you do it just make sure it aint ridciolous like 50 million

It can ruin your finances and basically leave you with peanuts to spend,so be careful when you do it.

Like how njengamn says,don't be an idiot and make it a ridiculous £50million on a 48-month period.That means you would lose most of your transfer budget for the season (possibly more) even when you're not even managing them!

Yeah check your clauses out on the transfer section of your club

I've done it in my Arsenal save where I'm signing Jesus Navas from Sevilla for £9.25million cash upfront but £20million being paid over the next 48 months...I am not sure how this is going to go down with my financial status and with what the board thinks..

Generally a bad idea, as they'll also require more money in total. Unless you're VERY sure that your club's economy's gonna get better through Europe, cups or league (maybe even just play lots of games against high-profile teams) you're better off not doing it.