4th season inc. Not sure who I need?

Doougii

Reaction score
Playing as Manchester United and just finished the 3rd season after beating Barca in the CL final, I have a sweet 80m budget and 1.4m p/w wage which I can convert. Ready to splash the cash, not sure on who and why though, squads looking fine but could be looking for replacements of aging players such as RvP and Rooney or generally some world class players? Was considering Koke.

I play a 4-2-3-1 with a AMC.

Current Squad:

GK:
  • De Gea
  • Vanja Savic
  • Didier Benoist (sweet *** regen)
Defense:
  • John Stones
  • Phil Jones
  • Marcos Rojo
  • Balanta
  • Aled Hughes (sweet *** regen)
  • Jonny Evans
  • Vallejo
  • Danilo (I wish I didn't sell Rafael)
  • Luke Shaw
  • Patrice Evra (backup and part of mastermind plan to get a regen i'm signing game time hue hue)
Midfield:

• Xabi Alonso (got on a free, maybe selling)
  • Darren Fletcher (getting sold)
  • Lucas Romero
  • Sven Bender (selling cause he gives me an ear ache)
  • Angel Di Maria
  • Odegaard
  • Wayne Rooney (retrained to CM)
  • Bilal Ould-Chikh
  • Youri Tielemans
  • Jack Wilshere (lol best 3.6m ever)
  • Herrera (doesn't get game time, could sell)
  • Zaha
  • Januzaj
  • Juan Mata (god)
  • Gabriel Barbosa (can play striker too)
  • Memphis Depay
Attack:
  • RVP
  • Lukaku
  • Pedro Rodrigues (regen who is getting playing time this season, literally so good and he's 17)
  • James Wilson (releasing on a free, got screwed by two 9 month injuries, that pretty much killed him)

You haven't stated your player roles, so specific players may not be possible.

For CM, get Paul Pogba, if possible. Home Grown at Club, and literally one of the best CM ingame, ahead of Koke. His long shots as DLP are out of this word.

Look at Vietto probably, for Striker, if you use AF/Poacher. He's beastly.

look like you have strong midfielders. For a striker I would prefer Domineco Berardi. best striker i have ever played with

Playing as Manchester United and just finished the 3rd season after beating Barca in the CL final, I have a sweet 80m budget and 1.4m p/w wage which I can convert. Ready to splash the cash, not sure on who and why though, squads looking fine but could be looking for replacements of aging players such as RvP and Rooney or generally some world class players? Was considering Koke.

I play a 4-2-3-1 with a AMC.

Current Squad:

GK:
  • De Gea
  • Vanja Savic
  • Didier Benoist (sweet *** regen)
Defense:
  • John Stones
  • Phil Jones
  • Marcos Rojo
  • Balanta
  • Aled Hughes (sweet *** regen)
  • Jonny Evans
  • Vallejo
  • Danilo (I wish I didn't sell Rafael)
  • Luke Shaw
  • Patrice Evra (backup and part of mastermind plan to get a regen i'm signing game time hue hue)
Midfield:

• Xabi Alonso (got on a free, maybe selling)
  • Darren Fletcher (getting sold)
  • Lucas Romero
  • Sven Bender (selling cause he gives me an ear ache)
  • Angel Di Maria
  • Odegaard
  • Wayne Rooney (retrained to CM)
  • Bilal Ould-Chikh
  • Youri Tielemans
  • Jack Wilshere (lol best 3.6m ever)
  • Herrera (doesn't get game time, could sell)
  • Zaha
  • Januzaj
  • Juan Mata (god)
  • Gabriel Barbosa (can play striker too)
  • Memphis Depay
Attack:
  • RVP
  • Lukaku
  • Pedro Rodrigues (regen who is getting playing time this season, literally so good and he's 17)
  • James Wilson (releasing on a free, got screwed by two 9 month injuries, that pretty much killed him)

Should look at the regen to see what RB/RWB has been brought through, the Brazil academies would be a good shout!

Replacement for Robin Van Persie would be needed as he's going to be 35/36 by now in that year Ezequiel Ponce is a good shout as the 17 year old he is at the start.

All looks a strong team but your Midfield is more than what you need personally I would trim down the size of the squad!

See how Ryan Ledson,Diego Poyet, Will Hughes and Louis Reed have developed for Centre Mid.

Wingers... P.Sisto. Pavel Savitsky,Lucas Andersen and look at Malcom from Corinthians he should be about 19 now.

Thanks for the replies guys. I play Pochettino's 4-2-3-1 by the way.
Before checking the thread again I went ahead and signed Callum Chambers for 45m and Raheem Sterling 51m (either I got Sterling or Man city did, no way that was happening and arsenal wanted 90m last season so I guess I'm happy with Chambers price) and still got around 45m and the wage budget + players to sell. Also sold Danilo to Barca because I prefer Chambers and always have Stones as backup. For a striker false 9 is what I'm looking for by the way.

Can't afford Pogba anymore and he actually slipped my mind, if I hadn't gone ahead and signed Sterling I definitely would of opted for him :(
Vietto looks promising.
Berardi looks incredible and making an enquiry now.
Ponce also incredible, tried to sign him in the second season however and he asked for some ridiculous wages, now he has a release fee of 41.5m so will have to see what the others fees are first.
I've got a regen that can play RB and LB coming soon so not looking in those positions apart from a LB backup as Evra doesn't like his playing time.
Definitely trimming the midfield! May sell Zaha as he's just outclassed by the other wingers and Bender is in negotiations with Chelsea.
Not sure if I need more wingers, got a few youth as well like Bongonda, however the CMs are interesting. Ryan Ledson in particular will look into him.

Trim the midfield. I would have suggested Pogba, but you've already spent alot.
I'd look to get in one top class striker. You already have a very talented team.

Some ST options that you might have available --
Richairo Zivkovic, Jese, Fierro

If you can afford Neymar, he trains into a godly striker or just play him at Left Wing.