BelfastKopite

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm usually a plug and play Football Manager player but thought I'd have a go at making my own tactic for this years game. I decided I wanted to try and create a tactic that aims to keep clean sheets and not lose games, but still be a threat going forward mainly through early crosses and longballs to 2 big strikers upfront.

I originally had this tactic going with Fulham in the first season and got to about October and then my save corrupt, so I'm not sure if the tactic is genuinely as good as the results suggest or I'm just getting lucky early on in the season. I'm about to start a new game with West Ham to try and test the tactic over a full season but thought I'd share it here as well to see if anyone else gets good results from it.

Formation:
View attachment 112125

Team instructions:

View attachment 112124

Results:

View attachment 112123

Some other info:
  • Training I went with the usual balanced general training with defensive positioning matchday training.
  • I had the best coaches in the league which no doubt helps.
  • Set pieces were pretty straight forward were I'd throw all the 6'0+ in the box.
  • I never used opposition instructions.

Hadn't lost a game all season and kept goals conceded to an impressive amount. I sold a few players mainly wingers, attacking midfielders and shorter strikers and my options upfront were Lucas Joao, Chris Martin and Seb Polter who are all 6'1+ and good heading and jumping reach.

Hopefully it works for others.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=832864236

Last edited: