5-3-2 the ultimate defensive winning tactic

foster

Reaction score
5-3-2 is a tactic i didnt use until i needed to beat sunderland on the last day of the season to get a UEFA cup spot as with most important games i saved before and give myself 5 tries
4-4-2 counter i lost 3-0
4-4-2 control lost 1-0
4-3-3 counter lost 2-1
4-5-1 contain lost 4-0

i tried 5-3-2 with my last chance
my team absorbed all their attacks they had 21 shots and 2 one target my players got 11 blocks in and i snook a goal with kris boyd off a corner in 89 minute with won me the game and got me by a fluke into the champions league
i used this tactic now against all teams that should beat me such as man u and city arsenal liverpool chelsea and tottenham and several europian teams and they never beat me and its a brilliant tactic with counter as i seem to steal late goals all the time

does anyone used 5-3-2 and if so does it help your team as it helps mine and what clubs and players do you use it with?

1gorgl.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of 5-3-2? I'd be interested to see, maybe you could put it up if it works.

it isnt anything complicated just a basic 5-3-2 with closing down alot and strong tackles three centres back and a left footed centre back on defensive an attacking right fullback and two centre midfielders attackon one as advancce playmaker and one as centre midfield and one deep lying playmaker and a deep lying forward and trequartista but forwards posistion fit any forwards

I've not used it myself but ocassionally come up against a side using it and it can be hard to break down if you don't get an early goal. Similarly if a team grabs a goal and goes 5 at the back it can be a royal pain because you throw everything at it and they just catch you on the counter.

just beat liverpool 1-0
thye had 65% possession had 15 shots and 3 on target i had 5 shots 4 on target
i even had a forward sent off and still held on but this tactic is not for people with heart conditions because on the commentary you look like your being dominated
also liverpool played with 4 forwards from the 70th minute

my print screen button doesnt work on my football manager but having alook
also just beat valencia 3-1? somehow

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:40 PM ----------

got a basic screenshot up