5-4-1, a avenger tweak, win realistically and having real fun, NO EXPLOITS

dimartino

Reaction score
Right, I'm making this as simple as I can. No need to complicate things.
First of all this is a tweak of TFF's avenger!
I changed a few stuff, some roles, and mainly removed any kind of exploit: no throw-in exploit, and a normal corner routine.
Like I always liked to play this game, this tactic gives decent attack, rock solid defense, and a realistic style of play.
You will not win 10-0 on one match and loose 4-0 the next one, or win a bunch of matches 5-3, or 4-3. As common results, if you are favourite you will win 3-0, 2-0, 1-0, and if you are the underdog you will win 1-0, 2-1, draw 0-0,1-1, or loose 0-1, but the favourites will have a REALLY tough time!
Training: AM
OI: none
Players: anyone, as long as they fit the position, I really dont care how good they are for the role.
Pure plug and play, HAVE FUN!
TACTIC: View attachment 4614

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Mate, love this tactic. Thanks for posting. Really enjoying playing with it and it’s a joy without the exploits. It won’t get the attention it deserves but wanted you to know it is bringing enjoyment to some of us. Just been on a 28 game unbeaten streak in League 1 including beating Chelsea 4-1 at the bridge in the FA Cup. Thanks again

Wow - This tactic brought back a lot of enjoyment in FM19 for me. Thank you for this tactic. Loving how the tactic plays, sweeping beautiful moves at times. I hardly concede any shots on goal from the opposition. Usually one or two from open play and the rest are free kicks. I usually win 3 nil to 5 nil with this tactic. My reserves just defeated AC Milan 2 nil. The game play is realistic and I appreciate no bonkers exploits. This tactic generates more trough balls and any tactic I've used in the past. My striker loves it. Thank you, great work on this. I use zero tweaks

any changes for away games or hard games or against big teams?

Never tried it with a strong team, until I got the FC Porto job. I'm not having much time to play, but it's getting a bit unrealistic for my taste...
And I'm playing with a "total rotation of the squad" philosophy. Everybody plays!
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
First season with West Ham. Predicted finish 7th.
Transfers in, Nicolò Zaniolo, David Brooks, Sandro Tonali, David Soria.
Transfers out, Snodgrass, Masuaku, Hernandez, Fabianski, Fornals, Balbuena.

Tweaks, slightly shorter passing, distribute to fullbacks, higher line of engagement, higher defensive line.

def24f5f10c7c4ebcea873fa24785522.png

I am working on a 442 version of this only because I'm a tactic tweaker and can't help myself. I'm surprised this tactic does not get more play on FM Base. On my current save, they lads are getting used to the 442 version with automatic wing backs (not inverted) and the results are getting better. I'm playing with Spurs and we're regularly winning 2-3 nil but I'm looking for 4 and 5 nil's. On all my saves, I play with players from the team's home nation. In this case, UK and Ireland, as a challenge.

dimartino do you induce a lot of penalties from the opposition? I usually get one every other match with your tactic. When the lads really get into the flow and start shifting the ball flank to flank and passing/crossing the ball along the deck, in front of the face of the goal; you can sometimes sense one coming on soon.

dimartino do you induce a lot of penalties from the opposition? I usually get one every other match with your tactic. When the lads really get into the flow and start shifting the ball flank to flank and passing/crossing the ball along the deck, in front of the face of the goal; you can sometimes sense one coming on soon.

Not really. But I do score a lot from free kicks.

I am working on a 442 version of this only because I'm a tactic tweaker and can't help myself. I'm surprised this tactic does not get more play on FM Base. On my current save, they lads are getting used to the 442 version with automatic wing backs (not inverted) and the results are getting better. I'm playing with Spurs and we're regularly winning 2-3 nil but I'm looking for 4 and 5 nil's. On all my saves, I play with players from the team's home nation. In this case, UK and Ireland, as a challenge.
Believe me. I've tried everything to make a 442 out of this. It looses a large percentage of efficiency.