joshmcph

Reaction score
View attachment 218691
View attachment 218693
Glasgow Rangers have announced that former Queens Park Rangers manager Neil Warnock will replace the legend Walter Smith. Warnock was relieved of his duties by the new Q.P.R owner Tony Fernandes as he wanted an established premier league manager to take the club forward which led to Mark Hughes getting the job. This was a shock appointment to most Glasgow Rangers fans as they all expected Ally McCoist to take the reins from Walter Smith. It was only one month ago that Smith won Rangers their 54th SPL title which is a World record. Warnock will look to make it 55 this season and owner Craig Whyte thouroughly belives Neil will:
" Neil has many years of experience as a manager which is why he was preferred over Ally. As soon as QPR let Neil go I knew I wanted Neil to be the next manager of this football team."
Rangers fans hope that Craig Whyte will provide Neil the sufficient funds require to ensure the championship stays with the gers. With Rangers still not being in the best financial situation it will not be a suprise if Neil has to sell before he buys which might see fans favourite Nikica Jelavic leave the club. It will be an interesting transfer window for Rangers fans and I'm sure they will be tuned into Sky Sports News for Neil's first press conference as Rangers Manager.

This is the first story I have ever done so I will try to improve after each post, constructive criticism welcome :)

Last edited:
View attachment 218695Neil Warnock was introduced to the public this morning as the new manager of Glasgow Rangers. Journalists were most interested in the rumours that Nikica Jelavic had flown out to Munich to complete an £8 million move to Bayern Munchen.
Journalist: Replacing a manager who was as popular as Walter Smith will not be easy. Do you think you can replicate the sucess that Walter brought?
Neil: Walter is a fantastic manager but I feel I have the ability to surpass what Walter acheived. There is no doubt he is a legend among Rangers fans but I feel I will be able to earn the legendary status aswell.
Journalist: Rangers are known for having fantastic training facilites. How impressed were you when you first seen them?
Neil: The facilities were exactly what I expected. They are top class. As soon as I arrived at Murray Park I was ready to sign on the dotted line.
Journalist: There are many rumours going round that Nikica Jelavic is set to join Bayern Munchen. Can you confirm these rumours?
Neil: Yes I can. Nikica has completed an £8 million move to Bayern Munchen. Me and Craig talked it over and decided it would be best to let him go. We expect to take in two new strikers before the first league game.
Journalist: Rangers have been criticised over the years for playing "anti-football". What style of football will you be adopting?
Neil: I hope to play entertaining football which will hopefully draw in plaudits. This will not be easy as we still need to keep a balanced structure otherwise we will concede goals for fun.
Journalist: Thank you for your time Mr Warnock

View attachment 218696

Last edited:
View attachment 218721
RANGERS SIGN JELAVIC REPLACEMENT

Rangers have completeted the signing of one of Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield on a deal worth £1.5m. Rhodes scored 35 goals in 82 appearances for the English outfit and is delighted with his move to Rangers:
" Glasgow rangers are one of the biggest clubs in the World so when the bid came in I told Lee Clark I wanted to leave. The fans are incredible and I already feel at home. I am looking forward to pulling on the famous blue jersey and hopefully score many goals for the club."
Two other players could follow Rhodes to Ibrox. Ruben Yttergard Jensen is currently in talks with Rangers sparking rumours that Steven Davis will leave. The club are also in talks Hamid Salihi from Rapid Vienna which is the club Rangers signed Nikica Jelavic from. Rangers fans will be hoping he can score as many as Jelavic did.

View attachment 218824
2 in 2 out for Rangers

Rangers had a very active week in the transfer window seeing two players join the club and two players leave the club. Rangers completed the deal for 23 year old Norwegian centre midfeilder Ruben Yttergard Jensen for a fee of £1.2m. Jensen was brought in as a replacement for Rangers captain Steve Davis who joined Genoa for a fee of £3.3m. The second signing was 27 year old Austrian Hamid Salihi for a tranfer fee of £1.8m. He joined from Rapid Vienna and is said to be the same type of player as former Ger Nikica Jelavic. Both players signed in time to play in the SPL opener vs Hearts and both are expected to start the game. Meanwhile Scottish right back Kirk Broadfoot joined Southampton on loan for the rest of the season and is soon to be followed to the St Marys by team mate Neil Alexander who is fed up of sitting on the bench. Don't expect Rangers to be finshed with their transfer dealings yet.

As a Rangers fan I'll be following you're story...Ruben Yttergard will be awesome in SPL.

don't think you'll need any Luck as Rangers manager (It's fairly easy to win the treble most seasons)
the challenge will be in Europe.

Thanks mate :) Yeah I think so too, he accepted me ahead of Arsenal aswell so I was delighted. Yeah hopefully I will at least make the knockout round of the champions league anyway. I will be doing just monthly updates now anyway so July will be done soon :)

JULY

Fixtures-
View attachment 218891
Jordan Rhodes scored the only goal of the game which saw Warnock get his debut win.

View attachment 218892
A 3-0 win with goals from Jamie Ness, Jordan Rhodes and Hamid Salihi please the Rangers fans and should secure a place into the Playoff round of the Champions League

View attachment 218893
A super first half peformance from Rangers saw them put five past a weak St Johnstone side. Jean Philippe Caillet scored two own goals, Hamid Salihi got a double and Jordan Rhodes made it three goals in three games for him.

Player of the month-
View attachment 218894
A fantastic month for new signing Jordan Rhodes saw him score in three consecutive games. He has quickly settled in and the fans have taken to him already

News-
Rangers named Carlos Bocanegra as their new captain following Steve Davis leaving the club. Steven Naismith was named as vice.
Rangers completed the signing of 18 year old Danish goalkeeper David Jensen for £250k and defensive midfielder Ivo Pekalski from Malmo for a fee of £1m.
Darren Cole departed to join Falkirk on loan for six months and Neil Alexander completed his move to Southampton.

Nice mate, I always keep an eye out for SPL stories and am liking this one. Il be following..

Thanks :) I might do another update tonight but busy watching el clasico just now but I will try get one in :)

AUGUST

Transfer News-
The biggest deal for Rangers in August was the signing of legend Kris Boyd. Boyd was available on a free transfer and Rangers fans see this as a fantastic piece of business by Neil Warnock. In his first spell at Rangers he scored 101 goals in 143 games. He also became the record goalscorer in the SPL. Warnock also sigend former Liverpool player Phillip Degan as backup for Steven Whittaker. Barry Douglas and Fraser Fyvie were also signed who are both predicted to have bright futures in the game.
Kyle Hutton and Ross Perry went out on loan to Coventry and Nottingham Forest respectivley.
Matt McKay and Jamie Ness both handed in transfer requests but only McKay's got accepted and he is likely to leave in January

Fixtures-
View attachment 219309
Salihi scored the goal which saw Rangers secure a tie against Genk to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League

View attachment 219313
On his return for Rangers Kris Boyd scored a double for the gers. Dorin Goian and Ruben Yttergard Jenssen got the other two goals.

View attachment 219314
Kyle Bartley and Jordan Rhodes scored the goals in Belgium which meant that Genk would have too turn around the two goal defecit to stop Rangers qualifying for the Champions League. Lee Wallace got sent off in the last minute which seen Warnock put the foot down and fine him for a week which he would hope that it would deter others from losing their discipline.

View attachment 219316
It was a hard fought win for Warnock's boys with Dorin Goian and Hamid Salihi getting the goals in the win.

View attachment 219318
This game proved to be no contest with Rangers running out 4-1 winners. Kris Boyd scored 2, Gregg Wylde got one and an own goal from Torben Joneleit secured Rangers a place in the group stages and a nice £7m.

View attachment 219319
Within 5 minutes the champions were 2-0 up. Kris Boyd and Jordan Rhodes getting the two goals. It wasn't long before Algerian winger Salim Kerkar scored to make it 3. Kris Boyd got sent off in the 30th minute for the home side but it never stopped Rangers. They made it 4 before half time when David Healy slotted home from 12 yards. Sanel Kuljic scored a consolation goal for the Dons.

Champions League Draw-
Rangers got a tough draw in the Champions League. They got drawn with German giants Bayern Munchen which will see Nikica Jelavic return to Ibrox, French outfit Lyon and Trabzonspor.

Player of the Month-
View attachment 219344
Dorin Goian won player of the Month for August. The big Romanian centre back put in a string of impressive performances which seen him score two goals in August.

Last edited: