5th Time Lucky? - Hall of Fame Challenge

Going good so far mate, glad to see you've got through season one and beyond. Hopefully you can throw up a surprise or two and challenge near the top.

September 2019

Armagh_city_fc.png

September 2019; Playing Well But Things Not Going All Our Way

Saturday 14th September 2019
Bluefin Sport Premier Intermediate League
Armagh City vs Bangor
Formation: 4-1-4-1 Wide

View attachment 31614

An easy home win as we completely dominate another game. Our football has been great so far this year and it's nice to see the lads finally getting to grips with my tactics and style of play...it's only taken a year!

Saturday 21st September 2019
Annagh Utd vs Armagh City

View attachment 31613

A bore draw but we'll take it. Annagh gave us a good game and on the balance of play, were probably the slightly better side. So the point will do here!

Saturday 28th September 2019
Police Service vs Armagh City

View attachment 31612

Unbelievable! They have 1 ******* shot and win the game 1-0! Are you joking me....we've been completely robbed by the old bill here!

September Review: A win, a draw and a loss this month, and 4 points is disappointing as our performances deserved more! We are playing some really good football, and I'm still convinced it's only a matter of time before a string of good results comes our way once it all clicks together!

View attachment 31611

View attachment 31610

Player of the Month
Ross Horner

View attachment 31609

With nobody really standing out, goalkeeper Ross Horner was the most consistent player across the 3 games.

Two league games and two cup games coming up in October. Bottom of the league Dollingstown and top of the league Distillery will offer up completely different challenges!

View attachment 31608

Right don't want to be negative but can you please just commit to one story. I really like the way you write and every time I start to get into a story you seem to start another one. I appreciate that you want to enjoy the save you are playing but just getting a bit frustrating as a fan.

Right don't want to be negative but can you please just commit to one story. I really like the way you write and every time I start to get into a story you seem to start another one. I appreciate that you want to enjoy the save you are playing but just getting a bit frustrating as a fan.

Hi mate - Firstly, I'd like to start by saying that I appreciate you taking the time to follow my stories and for you to call yourself a fan is very flattering for me!

Believe me, nobody has been more frustrated with this year's game so far than me. I really have struggled to get into the saves that I have started and obviously they have come to an end for different reasons - sackings, lack of interest, inability to get another job after being sacked...

I have to admit that I think I've made a big mistake so far on this year's edition of FM by going in too low right at the very start before I have familiarised myself with the game and got used to tactics etc... A few people on this site told me to start higher up the chain but I didn't listen and my stubbornness kicked in and it cost me as I couldn't get to grips with things at such a low level so early on.

So, in short, I hope you will stick with me mate and in return I will promise you that my current Sir Alex Ferguson save won't fizzle out in a week! I'm really enjoying that one and I'm really starting to find my feet on the game - guess what, everyone's advice was right! I'm sure in a couple to few months I will give a lower league club team a go again once I'm more comfortable with FM19. But for now I want to lead Bournemouth to greatness and expect that game to carry me through for a long while yet. Plus, I'm simply enjoying it so much more than any other save I have done....even more than my FM18 saves!

Thanks again for following and your comments are much appreciated. All I can do is apologise for my chopping and changing so far on FM19, but I promise you it stops here! Look forward to any future comments from you on my Bournemouth save, assuming you are following that one!

Kudos to you! Look forward to hearing more about the story and thanks for the reply.